Recent Topics

Ads

[UI] VinyUI

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Trsh

Re: [UI] VinyUI

Post#1041 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:05 am

thanks
I've updated the pack and that seems to have removed an icon I used to have on gear pieces in the backpack, indicating race, how do i turn that on ?

Ads
Caffeine

Post#1042 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:12 pm

Trsh wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:05 am thanks
I've updated the pack and that seems to have removed an icon I used to have on gear pieces in the backpack, indicating race, how do i turn that on ?
Sounds like Nrarity, I wouldn't recommend using it as it causes stuttering when opening loot bag (gets progressively worse over time), especially if you have a lot of crafting mats.
VinyUI | FPS Guide | Scenario Alert | Image Caffeine Image Decaf Image Vermont Image Nevada

Dime73

Post#1043 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:34 pm

Hey guys, I like the UI so far, still getting the hang of things though as it been over 10 years since I've touched this game :p

Right now I am wondering how to move the icons for self buff durations, when I cast HoT etc as WP I find the location on screen is not to my liking as it is in the way of mob icons allot.

However I can't seem to move it with layout editor since the windows that I'm talking about don't appear as green moveable windows in the editor?

Any idea what window settings I need to look at ?

Thnx

Venomghost

Post#1044 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:24 pm

Hey guys, love the UI was wondering if its possible to see your warband under the DPS presets? Right now it only shows the group I am in but I can see the WB frames. Thanks

AlloyCowboy

Post#1045 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:15 pm

Hello All! I just downloaded and installed this, and I have a question: I did what the instructions said to do... I backed up my 'interface' and 'user' directories, then unpacked the file. I made a copy of the template I needed, in my case destro heal, and renamed the folder to my character name. When I entered the game, I got a prompt to import, which I said no, and then manually enabled all of the listed add-ons, since they were out of date? When I got my interface after a reload, I am presented with overlapping original and new interfaces. I have two maps, multiple targets, etc... so I manually hide all the old stuff to the best of my recollection of what was old and not knowing all the elements of the VinyUI pack and what they are called in the Interface screen, I don't know if I did it right.

Is this normal? When I copied a template over in other games, I did not have old stuff to zero out. Did I do something wrong, or did I not read deep enough into some hidden volume of lore to get things working per all the Youtube RoR videos with VinyUI? A part of my problem may be I am new to the game, still learning all the mechanics, and cannot discern the differences between UI elements and what I need to make the 'perfect build' for me. So far what I have put together I am liking quite a bit over the basic interface. I suppose I just have to give it time and get acquainted with it all.

If any of you Pros out there have some tips and tricks to configuring the UI that you think might help me, let me know. Thank you!

-Cowboy

*UPDATE*
I deleted my destro healer's profile and imported from the template provided. it came up strange, with parts overlapped and garbled. I did a /reload and DAMN! It worked. I have an interface that looks like screenshots on this thread. Its odd though, because certain informative windows that were there when I copied the profile directly, were not there when I did the import. At any rate, I have an UI I can work with, I am good to go. Thanks Lillet for your help!
Last edited by AlloyCowboy on Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Lilim
Community Management

Post#1046 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:30 pm

Spoiler:
Venomghost wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:24 pm Hey guys, love the UI was wondering if its possible to see your warband under the DPS presets? Right now it only shows the group I am in but I can see the WB frames. Thanks

Hey,

• right click on the enemy icon (looks like a white/red target)
  • configurations
  • unit frames
  • and uncheck "my group only"

Lilim
Community Management

Post#1047 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:47 pm

Spoiler:
AlloyCowboy wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:15 pm Hello All! I just downloaded and installed this, and I have a question: I did what the instructions said to do... I backed up my 'interface' and 'user' directories, then unpacked the file. I made a copy of the template I needed, in my case destro heal, and renamed the folder to my character name. When I entered the game, I got a prompt to import, which I said no, and then manually enabled all of the listed add-ons, since they were out of date? When I got my interface after a reload, I am presented with overlapping original and new interfaces. I have two maps, multiple targets, etc... so I manually hide all the old stuff to the best of my recollection of what was old and not knowing all the elements of the VinyUI pack and what they are called in the Interface screen, I don't know if I did it right.

Is this normal? When I copied a template over in other games, I did not have old stuff to zero out. Did I do something wrong, or did I not read deep enough into some hidden volume of lore to get things working per all the youtube RoR videos with VinyUI?

I guess I am just asking for a clarification on that... if it loads in the template with old and new combined... and also any tips and tricks you can reccomend. Thank you!
hey,

so the quick version what you should do when you want to install VinyUi.

The BackUp-thingy:
  • drag and drop both folders: user and interface somewhere outside the RoR game folder
  • delete the whole content inside the cache folder
(NOW: in your RoR game folder there isn't a user and interface folder anymore)

The install-thingy:
  • download the current version from the thread (easy!)
  • unzip
  • put both folder (user and interface) into the RoR game folder (you know, where the older ones lived)

The profil-thingy:
so this is a bit other version compared to viny's description in the first post
  • login to your character
  • open the user settings, and follow the steps on the funny picture
  • /rel

AlloyCowboy

Post#1048 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:54 pm

Lillet... Thank you for your response! I updated my post with my progress. I realized that import window was what I wanted. when I said yes to import, I got the "select an existing profile" window on the bottom right of your 'funny picture'. :) Everything looks good, and clean, on my Interface now. Thanks for your help!

Ads
Lilim
Community Management

Post#1049 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:59 pm

Spoiler:
Dime73 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:34 pm Hey guys, I like the UI so far, still getting the hang of things though as it been over 10 years since I've touched this game :p

Right now I am wondering how to move the icons for self buff durations, when I cast HoT etc as WP I find the location on screen is not to my liking as it is in the way of mob icons allot.

However I can't seem to move it with layout editor since the windows that I'm talking about don't appear as green moveable windows in the editor?

Thnx
hey,

so Im a bit confused, could you post a screenshot?
Or join the RoR discord and ping me? (thread about the RoR discord: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22044&start=140)

Dime73

Post#1050 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:13 pm

Dime73 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:34 pm Hey guys, I like the UI so far, still getting the hang of things though as it been over 10 years since I've touched this game :p

Thnx
SO, noone then ? =(