Recent Topics

Ads

[UI] VinyUI

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Manatikik

Re: [UI] VinyUI

Post#551 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:39 am

druugaa wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:06 am hi

so i downloaded the latest version of this UI profile, with every step by step, and now every spell effects and animations are gone for everyone but me.

I would like to know how i can fix it so i can see other people's effects and spells animations.

Thanks by advance

Druugaa
U > video settings > edit next to custom > spell effects to everyone
<Montague><Capulet>

Ads
druugaa

Post#552 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:50 am

Manatikik wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:39 am
druugaa wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:06 am hi

so i downloaded the latest version of this UI profile, with every step by step, and now every spell effects and animations are gone for everyone but me.

I would like to know how i can fix it so i can see other people's effects and spells animations.

Thanks by advance

Druugaa
U > video settings > edit next to custom > spell effects to everyone
Thank you my good sir/lady :)

have a nice day

Detangler

Post#553 » Wed May 08, 2019 1:46 pm

couple questions:

1. what is the opposite of /hidebar? i can't seem to undo hiding of hotbars.

2. i just installed the latest version and now hotbar #3 won't even show up when i mouse over it. i've been using a modified version of the healer default for this character. any ideas on how to fix this?

3. hotbar #5 is permanently greyed out in the options and i can't seem to turn it on (never have but never bothered before). is there a way to fix this?

thanks for all the help!
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Caffeine

Post#554 » Wed May 08, 2019 8:55 pm

Detangler wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:46 pm 1. what is the opposite of /hidebar? i can't seem to undo hiding of hotbars.
For now you can use

Code: Select all

/script HideBar.ForceOff()
One of the things I'm working on for the next patch is adding proper slash command support to many addons, Hidebar included.

Detangler wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:46 pm 2. i just installed the latest version and now hotbar #3 won't even show up when i mouse over it. i've been using a modified version of the healer default for this character. any ideas on how to fix this?
Running either /hidebar 3 or /script HideBar.ForceOff() will fix this.

Detangler wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:46 pm 3. hotbar #5 is permanently greyed out in the options and i can't seem to turn it on (never have but never bothered before). is there a way to fix this?
User Settings -> scroll down to Action Bars -> set "Layout Mode" to "5 Bars - Small Cluster"
VinyUI | FPS Guide | Scenario Alert | Image Caffeine Image Decaf Image Vermont Image Nevada

dcNarna

Post#555 » Sat May 11, 2019 2:43 am

Hey so I have a problem.

I set an assist by using the SetAssist macro, then I try to use the AssistUnitframe macro to target who my assist is targetting and my enemy target doesn't change, nothing actually appears. Is there a way I can fix this?
was destro main, now i play order cause it's easier

bna1987

Post#556 » Sun May 12, 2019 1:35 am

To whom this may concern,

I don't know if this is an issue for everyone, but I can't setup a UI for the order tanks based on the Tank template, actionbar 4 is on the screen and isn't editable in any way, maybe this is intended, but in the UI edit mode there is a window that allow you to lock or show/hide windows and action bar 4 is missing, but 1, 2,3 and 5 are there; also the morale bar is missing from the edit window. The biggest issue for me with this in there is a random action bar stuck on the screen in view of the others, also I intend to use action bar 4.

I tracked down the issue between the order and destro tank templates to the "savedvariables.lua" in the "Vectors" directory; there are references to the morale bar and actionbar 4 in the order's template, but not destros. I am just going to replace the order's file with the destro's in order to get my tank's setup rolling, but if this "savedvariables.lua" was setup this way for a reason and somehow it's messed up for me, please reply and inform me.

Thank you for the templates they've been a blessing from the default, especially on healers. I am looking forward to seeing how it improves tanking. :mrgreen:

BarniGrollheimer

Post#557 » Tue May 14, 2019 10:08 am

Sorry for the dumb question, but I really like the settings for a certain number of addons in VinyUI but not all. Is there a possibility to copy just the settings for some addons like enemy and rv out of this Ui. So I can implement them in my UI.
Thanks in Advance
Barnii Grollheimer - Slayer 40/80
Frostthrone - Bright Wizard 40/75

Caffeine

Post#558 » Tue May 14, 2019 8:25 pm

dcNarna wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 2:43 am Hey so I have a problem.

I set an assist by using the SetAssist macro, then I try to use the AssistUnitframe macro to target who my assist is targetting and my enemy target doesn't change, nothing actually appears. Is there a way I can fix this?
The macro you need to use to assist is called "Assist" and looks like two swords crossed in a shape of an "X" on a blue background.
VinyUI | FPS Guide | Scenario Alert | Image Caffeine Image Decaf Image Vermont Image Nevada

Ads
Caffeine

Post#559 » Tue May 14, 2019 8:31 pm

bna1987 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 1:35 am To whom this may concern,

I don't know if this is an issue for everyone, but I can't setup a UI for the order tanks based on the Tank template, actionbar 4 is on the screen and isn't editable in any way, maybe this is intended, but in the UI edit mode there is a window that allow you to lock or show/hide windows and action bar 4 is missing, but 1, 2,3 and 5 are there; also the morale bar is missing from the edit window. The biggest issue for me with this in there is a random action bar stuck on the screen in view of the others, also I intend to use action bar 4.

I tracked down the issue between the order and destro tank templates to the "savedvariables.lua" in the "Vectors" directory; there are references to the morale bar and actionbar 4 in the order's template, but not destros. I am just going to replace the order's file with the destro's in order to get my tank's setup rolling, but if this "savedvariables.lua" was setup this way for a reason and somehow it's messed up for me, please reply and inform me.

Thank you for the templates they've been a blessing from the default, especially on healers. I am looking forward to seeing how it improves tanking. :mrgreen:
Thanks for letting me know! Looks like I forgot to release those windows from Vectors' management. This is why they don't show up in layout editor.

Generally I recommend everyone to use Vectors over the default layout manager to move windows around.
You can check this post on how to use Vectors: viewtopic.php?f=66&t=6371&start=420#p327439

Or watch a video guide here: https://youtu.be/UtGM8Md_I_U?t=105

Caffeine

Post#560 » Tue May 14, 2019 8:44 pm

BarniGrollheimer wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:08 am Sorry for the dumb question, but I really like the settings for a certain number of addons in VinyUI but not all. Is there a possibility to copy just the settings for some addons like enemy and rv out of this Ui. So I can implement them in my UI.
Thanks in Advance
It's definitely possible to lift specific addons and their configuration from my UI pack but you need to pay close attention to dependencies. For example, if you want to use any of the RV modules you should start by installing RVMOD_Manager addon. Also, I don't recommend using settings folders from my pack with respective addons from sources other than my UI pack. Some of the addons in my UI pack have been modified compared to other versions from Idrinth repository and so the settings might not work properly.

Settings for specific addons can be found in the user folder. For example, if you want to copy Enemy tank configuration you have to copy Enemy folder from

VinyUI46\user\settings\Martyrs Square\- destruction_TANK_character_name\VinyUIDestrTank
in to respective folder in your game directory.

Some addons have 1 settings file for all characters. Those settings are stored in

VinyUI46\user\settings\GLOBAL
Hope this helps