Recent Topics

Ads

UI Bug?

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Hargrim
Developer

Re: UI Bug?

Post#11 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:39 am

Telperien wrote:As we are at Alt key + others. Sometime ago I changed keyboard Logitech for other logitech (enter key didnt work properly, had to sometimes press twice - very annoying) and I`ve noticed one of my bindings dont work. Whenever I strafe using D I cant use my Alt + 3 key. I have to stop and press that then. Tried to change to Alt + 4 but my muscle memory keep telling me to press Alt + 3:) Every other combination works, also works for foward, backward, strafe left (A). Any idea what may cause that? Sullemunk mentioned Overlays, only things that comes to my mind is Reshade.
Lately I'm underwhelmed by buggy behavior of my own logitech. The only thing that comes to my mind: try updating keyboard drivers...

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Post#12 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:49 am

Not for me, matey. But at least my crashes are gone for now when this happened on my notebook.

Caffeine

Post#13 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:32 pm

dansari wrote:I've got an interesting bug that keeps happening at random intervals on two separate machines. Sometimes my UI will get bugged and every time I press Enter twice, my screen will refresh and some of my addons will change settings (most notably my backpack looks different). I think my screen refreshes because when I press Enter it's changing from Windowed to Fullscreen. I'm playing with VinyUI and 1440p Windowed with both machines, as well as the Reshade. The only thing I can do to reset it is to exit the game entirely and log back in. Sometimes this results in a Runtime C++ error on logout.

Any assistance is appreciated.
This is a Reshade issue. I couldn't find any relevant settings in Reshades cfg files so I wrote a AutoHotkey script to disable Alt+Enter key combination:

Code: Select all

SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.
!Enter::Return
RAlt & Enter::Return
VinyUI | FPS Guide | Scenario Alert | Image Caffeine Image Decaf Image Vermont Image Nevada

dansari

Post#14 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:45 pm

Caffeine wrote:
dansari wrote:I've got an interesting bug that keeps happening at random intervals on two separate machines. Sometimes my UI will get bugged and every time I press Enter twice, my screen will refresh and some of my addons will change settings (most notably my backpack looks different). I think my screen refreshes because when I press Enter it's changing from Windowed to Fullscreen. I'm playing with VinyUI and 1440p Windowed with both machines, as well as the Reshade. The only thing I can do to reset it is to exit the game entirely and log back in. Sometimes this results in a Runtime C++ error on logout.

This is a Reshade issue. I couldn't find any relevant settings in Reshades cfg files so I wrote a AutoHotkey script to disable Alt+Enter key combination:

SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
Thanks Caffeine! For stupid people like me, where do you put this script to fix the issue?
<Salt Factory>

saupreusse
Developer

Post#15 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:10 pm

dansari wrote:
Caffeine wrote:

Thanks Caffeine! For stupid people like me, where do you put this script to fix the issue?
but i dont use reshade :O

Caffeine

Post#16 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:12 pm

dansari wrote:
Caffeine wrote:

Install AutoHotkey (link's in my previous post), create a new .ahk file, copy the text, save & double click the file. You'll see a new icon in system tray.
saupreusse wrote: but i dont use reshade :O
I could be wrong but for me this problem only started once I started using Reshade. It could just be a coincidence.
VinyUI | FPS Guide | Scenario Alert | Image Caffeine Image Decaf Image Vermont Image Nevada