Recent Topics

Ads

Nerfed buttons and the 'face away' condition.

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Ashoris

Re: Nerfed buttons and the 'face away' condition.

Post#21 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:02 pm

Nameless wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:33 am Your mouse dont make decisions instead of you based on prearrenged conditions, yes?

Comparing condition builder of nb with rest of the addons is so riddicules it is not even funny.
you read the opening question ?

In this case he does not ask for anything you could not emulate with a mouse ..... because Warhammer do not allow to queue Skills in case any positional condition is not met and you want to have a fall back default skill, he would just program the mouse to first try the backstyle and miliseconds later use the "anytimer" style.

And if anyone is saying that this is not needed have no clue about the handling of visible movement and hit calculation. in fact you never know if you are truly behind your target because your client is guessing how other ppl move and just factchecking in interval. While hit and dmg calculation is normally done Serverside to prevent the easiest form of cheatin (client only manupilation). In fact on your screen is often what your gameclient is guessing and not the actual position.

So he has a valid reason to have some sort of solution for this problem - this can be NB or a gaming mouse/keyboard with macro function.

I would suggest you open another thread for general issues with NB in this case it can emulated very well with a mouse and is just used to counter a flaw in game design.
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

Ads
oaliaen

Post#22 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:14 pm

Alfinnete wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:02 pm I wish the Devs had the courage to ban the NB.
totally agree

Esperflame

Post#23 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:31 pm

All removing Nerfed Buttons will do is affect players who don't spend $100+ on a keyboard that lets them set up macros. Macros will never be fully gone. So I say why cripple some players when you can't solve the whole problem. The removal of it will only hurt players who play with normal keyboards.
Karnak (Ironbreaker), Hadebrandt (KotBS), Quigon (Swordmaster), Rakthraka (Black Orc), Thulza (Chosen), Braerithryn (Blackguard)

"Yeah, I play all the tanks. I've got beef!" - Me

Manatikik

Post#24 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:52 pm

Esperflame wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:31 pm All removing Nerfed Buttons will do is affect players who don't spend $100+ on a keyboard that lets them set up macros. Macros will never be fully gone. So I say why cripple some players when you can't solve the whole problem. The removal of it will only hurt players who play with normal keyboards.
I use a normal keyboard and don't use NB. It's really not that hard.
<Montague><Capulet>

nebelwerfer

Post#25 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:00 am

Who cares? I want to use NB for when my hands are "used up" and I cannot play well due to no dex, so I prefer that it stays "legal", even if ppl abuse it to a certain extent.

Foofighter

Post#26 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:50 am

some of the nb "excusses" are way to sad in this thread, but what you gona do no point arguing with people who "explain" how cheating is just to mitigate other "worse" problems ... sigh. Its almost like a athlete " but all the other guys are doing steroids why cant i?" , but you do you people enjoy the game.

Aldween

Post#27 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:20 pm

Can't people stick on the topic? Everyone is aware NB gives you a really strong advantage, so stop whining and try to learn how to use it. The add on is legit, so there is nothing wrong with it. You have to stay competitive.

Anyone found a solution for slayer? I'm fine using a positionnal skill on any other class, but it wont work for slayer. It will keep showing the positionnal skill even when facing the enemy. While it works fine on my SW for instance.

Sulorie

Post#28 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:04 pm

Try it with real mobs and no target doll.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Evernaila

Post#29 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:22 am

Alfinnete wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:02 pm I wish the Devs had the courage to ban the NB.
Well, we wish people would stop complaining about macros like they are wall-hacks or something...
But we can't always get what we want when people keep being dumb.

ANYWAAAAAAY!
To maybe help with the problem.
Did you add "AbilityEnabled" on the ability in question?
Since this ability will only "Enable" when you are behind your target, you need to add this to make sure the macro chain will understand NOT to show this unless the requirement is met.

So:
Add "AbilityEnabled" to your ability, and then click it.
Drag the desired ability into the "abilityId" square.
Select "need" as "-". This will exclude it from the chain if requirement are not met.

Give it a go and hope that solves it for you! :)

------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:
Also, "AbilityEnable" can be used to great effect to help you use a conditional ability at its' most optimal.

Ex.
White Lions' "Sundering Chop" deals big damage normaly (at greater AP cost).
And it get's some Armor Penetration if you attack from behind.

But, since the ability can be used from all angles to your target, it can not properly be added into a macro by itself.
We can however, borrow the condition from another ability! :)
"Blindside" is a backstab ability for White Lions.

If we add "Sundering Chop" to the chain of abilities.
Then we add "AbilityEnable"
Add "Blindside to the "abilityId" and set "need" to "-".

Now, this macro will allow this button to show Sundering Chop when you are behind your target, just as Blindside would do.

-------------------------------------------------

Again though, this is a convenience thing, not a optimal thing.
For all of y'all who think NerfButtons is Satan himself...

Since you may combine this with your basic ability to use cheaper and weaker attacks unless you are behind.
Who knows, you may need that extra damage it has anyway, even for the greater AP cost.

NerfedButtons do not remove the case-by-case calls that you may need to make to win.

Alfinnete
Banned

Post#30 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:29 pm

Evernaila wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:22 am
Well, we wish people would stop complaining about macros like they are wall-hacks or something...
But we can't always get what we want when people keep being dumb.

ANYWAAAAAAY!
To maybe help with the problem.
Did you add "AbilityEnabled" on the ability in question?
Since this ability will only "Enable" when you are behind your target, you need to add this to make sure the macro chain will understand NOT to show this unless the requirement is met.

So:
Add "AbilityEnabled" to your ability, and then click it.
Drag the desired ability into the "abilityId" square.
Select "need" as "-". This will exclude it from the chain if requirement are not met.

Give it a go and hope that solves it for you! :)

------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:
Also, "AbilityEnable" can be used to great effect to help you use a conditional ability at its' most optimal.

Ex.
White Lions' "Sundering Chop" deals big damage normaly (at greater AP cost).
And it get's some Armor Penetration if you attack from behind.

But, since the ability can be used from all angles to your target, it can not properly be added into a macro by itself.
We can however, borrow the condition from another ability! :)
"Blindside" is a backstab ability for White Lions.

If we add "Sundering Chop" to the chain of abilities.
Then we add "AbilityEnable"
Add "Blindside to the "abilityId" and set "need" to "-".

Now, this macro will allow this button to show Sundering Chop when you are behind your target, just as Blindside would do.

-------------------------------------------------

Again though, this is a convenience thing, not a optimal thing.
For all of y'all who think NerfButtons is Satan himself...

Since you may combine this with your basic ability to use cheaper and weaker attacks unless you are behind.
Who knows, you may need that extra damage it has anyway, even for the greater AP cost.

NerfedButtons do not remove the case-by-case calls that you may need to make to win.
This addon **** the game bro, if you have mouse equal naga for example, you dont need click one button... and all condition of NB play to you... one real and good player dont use this ****!