Recent Topics

Ads

[Addon] GatherButton

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Feomatar
Suspended

Re: [Addon] GatherButton

Post#21 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:41 am

This addon doesnt drop fps like miracle grow remix?

Ads
balshv

Post#22 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:46 am

I got crazy fps drop with this addon when using nerfed button sequences

wdesu

Post#23 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:27 am

Feomatar wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:41 am This addon doesnt drop fps like miracle grow remix?
According to reports from the thread, it may drop it. I'm not going to claim anything (probably should remove words that could imply it from the OP) as I didn't do any benchmarks ;) and the addon can surely be optimized (contributions welcome). But I would suggest trying it for yourself, as most reports aren't based on concrete benchmarks either. I, personally, have no major issues with MGR, too.
balshv wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:46 am I got crazy fps drop with this addon when using nerfed button sequences
That's possible. It seems that I was also checking plots on each hotbar update. I don't use NB much so I'm not sure if this was called too often (it's possible that NB wasn't triggering it at all). GatherButtonGcd seems like it would be the other main suspect, although I was kinda surprised that I personally had no issues with it. I suggest checking if disabling it improves the performance.

I've updated the addon to not check plots on each SystemData.Events.PLAYER_HOT_BAR_UPDATED. (That's the only meaningful change, everything else is just code formatting).
Last edited by wdesu on Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

balshv

Post#24 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:32 pm

It seems better at first look but now there is this "Plot hasn't finished growing" spam in chat any time I use NB macros

Feomatar
Suspended

Post#25 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:15 pm

balshv wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:32 pm It seems better at first look but now there is this "Plot hasn't finished growing" spam in chat any time I use NB macros
I have this spam in chat if use button 1 or 2, and addon macro binded in absolutely another buttonand this makes fps drop (cause chat just went crazy of "u cant gather now" message). Yes, its with nerfed buttons addon. Like maybe some solution? Caue tali-scav is useless for sw, i just farm to slow...

Alteia

Post#26 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:39 pm

Loving the addon and I dont mind the chat spam - only thing is I play an AM gatherer and the glow is the same as the glow from my class resource / tranquility & force. Is it possible to have the green shaman glow instead of the gold AM glow? or a toggle for people to pick a preference? :)

Thanks and looking forward to all your app developments!!

wdesu

Post#27 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:02 pm

Feomatar wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:15 pm I have this spam in chat if use button 1 or 2, and addon macro binded in absolutely another button
GatherButtonGcd addon makes ability hotkeys on cooldown gather plants. It's a separate addon which can be disabled if you only want a macro. Hopefully, the new version is less spammy.
balshv wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:32 pm It seems better at first look but now there is this "Plot hasn't finished growing" spam in chat any time I use NB macros
I've tried to fix it somewhat in the new version by limiting the amount of repeat requests and rotating the current plot on button press (gathering should be more responsive). There should be less messages now, hopefully no more than 1 message of each error type (hasn't finished/has plants) per plot, 0 if lucky.
Alteia wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:39 pm Loving the addon and I dont mind the chat spam - only thing is I play an AM gatherer and the glow is the same as the glow from my class resource / tranquility & force. Is it possible to have the green shaman glow instead of the gold AM glow? or a toggle for people to pick a preference? :)

Thanks and looking forward to all your app developments!!
Thanks, I've added an option to choose the glow type and its tint. You can use

Code: Select all

/gabu glow-type d
command to switch to destro glow ("o" for "order" and anything else to use the default). I didn't add short slash command for tint configuration. But you can use

Code: Select all

/script GatherButton.Settings.PERSISTENT_SETTINGS = true; GatherButton.Settings.GLOW_TINT = {r=255, g=0, b=0}
to color the glow red, for example. The glow visual will be updated when the glow is updated (e.g. after you gather a plant).

I think I should do things the right way this time and gather some more feedback before making a numbered version.
Please check out the master branch.

edit: got a shorter username and changed gitlab link
Last edited by wdesu on Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alteia

Post#28 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:59 am

Amazing!!!! This is perfect, thank you!

Ads
Luckmann

Post#29 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:13 pm

Would it be possible to configure this to plant seeds in all four cultivating slots (one button) and harvest all finished plants (another button)?

It's all I want to do. One button to sow, another button to reap. No "repeat this exact same set-up only", no reconfiguration, etc. I just want the functionality of the old (non-Remix) Miracle Grow "Plant All" with an added "Harvest All".

A way for something to auto-use Soil, Watering, and Nutrients would be a bonus (just like the old (non-Remix) Miracle Grow could), but right now I'd be satisfied with a way to plant all and harvest all.

Taxen0

Post#30 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:00 pm

Have used gatherbutton + gcd for the last few months without any real issues. Tonight however I noticed it converted several stacks of majestic goldweed into seeds, not sure if something might have broke with a recent patch.

I currently have 5*40 stacks of seeds, and one stack with just 3. Before I think it was trying to save ~6 seeds, so maybe it thinks each stack is only one or something.

Edit: it might be because my inventory was disorganized and my crafting bag got full, I think only the crafting tab gets scanned and all my seeds were in the main inventory and were not detected.
Floffel - Zealot