Recent Topics

Ads

Core interface modules bugfixes + few fixed add-ons

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
OldSerpenT
Game Artist

Core interface modules bugfixes + few fixed add-ons

Post#1 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:48 am

Hello everyone.
There are some interface modules that are not working properly for different reasons. They are normally located in interface.myp file, but as CRC check was implemented, we obviously can't simply tweak .myp files, therefore here are some of the buggy core modules that I extracted, fixed and converted to add-ons. Some of them had runtime errors that are not really annoying or imparing your gameplay. Some of them are quite useful. For example in EA_ObjectiveTrackers I fixed the issue when you can opt-out of bags only at the very last phase of PQ. With fixed module you can do it at any point before the end of PQ.

Core modules:
Spoiler:

EA_AdvancedWarWindow
keep status update event sometimes was throwing an error because of null value.
relics are not used, but mentioned in code in two functions

EA_CraftingSystem
Fixed Crafting System crash bug when you spam-click crafting. Fixed crash bug that occurs when you put two extenders or two multipliers in a recipe.

EA_ObjectiveTrackers
BO tracker fix
PQ loot opt-out fix
Capital level tracker disabled as we don't have it implemented, so missing variables are throwing errors

EA_OverheadMapWindow
Capital level tracker disabled, capital level rollover events were disabled

EA_PlayerStatusWindow
Reference to relics removed

EA_RVRTracker
Reference to glyphs removed as we don't have them implemented in game

EASystem_ActionBarClusterManager
Mostly fixed issue when some buttons stop working and don't react on hotkeys. I feel like I had my button stuck once since I fixed Actionbars... Or maybe not. Let me know if you'll still have this issue with this module installed.

EASystem_GlyphDisplay
All references to glyphs need to be removed, so this module functions are basically return non-null value to whatever request them

EASystem_Utils
Another module that has reference to capital level.
Currently testing: non-full party HP/AP/distance update fix.

GuildWindowFix
Fixed issues with guild banner tactics (errors, tooltips, etc).
Supposedly fixed an issue when guild roster is not populating and you're the only one that is shown there. Seems like not a common problem, so tests were limited to myself. Feedback is appreciated.

Modules that are not changed, but other modules that I was fixing depend on them:
EA_GroupWindow
EA_OpenPartyWindow
EA_UiDebugTools
EA_UiModWindow
EA_WorldMapWindow
Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

These are add-ons, so put them into you Warhammer\Interface\Addons\ folder as any other add-on. Also, some of these modules can become outdated. If that happens, just remove the respective add-on and the game will be taking module that is sitting within interface.myp.

Fixed Add-Ons:
Spoiler:

Enemy
Spoiler:
Enemy with working intercom. Will NOT spam gibberish in /p or /wb.

Added timers for unit frames effects

Added stopwatch tool. Works simple: left click = start/stop, right click = reset. Can be used to measure oil time, WH stealth time etc.

Added "ReadyCheck" context menu item. Can be useful if everyone has this Enemy and actually join intercom channels.
Shows big red half-transparent flag in a middle of a screen that disappears when you click on it with reporting your presence.

NerfedButtons
Spoiler:
Nerfed Buttons with fixed memory glitch. Also fixed sequence editor. Added check for channeling abilities.
Channel ability should be placed like brackets at the beginning and at the end. For all abilities within brackets condition should be set as shown on a picture then your channel not gonna be interrupted by seizure-like clicking on your sequence button.

Requires LibSlash

CraftValueTip
Spoiler:
This add-on is quite a useful one for apothecaries as it shows additional description for composite ointment ingredients, including new ones.

Clicking on star button will make you character to /say the item ID in the first cell of you backpack. Helps for things like TidyRoll setup.

Requires IraConfig and LibSlash

PaintTheLeader
Spoiler:
This add-on puts a big shiny blue-and-yellow star on your leader. Fixed to also show the party leader, not only warband leader.

BuffHead
Spoiler:
Well known BuffHead issue of spamming stuck frame error partially fixed here. Means: I can't figure out how to prevent the error, but I can fix it afterwards:

Also added frame records scavenge on zone change.

Requires LibGroup

Add-ons that I didn't fix, but seems like I have working version.
Spoiler:

Aura
Spoiler:
This one has AuraSettings integrated. Though it must be turned on in "Mods/Add-ons" in game along with Aura in order to save settings.
Requires LibSlash

TidyRoll
Spoiler:
Add-on that substitutes huge roll window with small and convenient one. You can set up your mouse buttons for need/greed/pass.
Also it has the custom roll settings. When using unique ID of an item, you can set it up so you will always need/greed/pass on certain items. I have my medallions here. Also if you're salvager, you can set up need roll on Gunbad Excavator items. They are lvl40 green, but BoP.

CraftValueTip star button can help you get unique ID.

Requires LibSlash

MiracleGrowRemix
Spoiler:
Great add-on that would help your cultivating a lot. Combined with CraftValueTip will allow you to convert seeds automagically.

Requires LibSlash
Supporting add-ons. Some other add-ons require them in order to function properly:
LibSlash
LibGroup
IraConfig

Main ideas of how to significantly reduce all sort of add-ons and interface issues:
1. Switch you client language to English. Some languages (like Russian in my case) have really weird way to encode some letters in Lua - programming language that is used to make add-ons and also the entire interface made with it. Sometimes it causes conflict because of how engine parses encoded text.
2. Do not use any non-English letters in guild notes, friend notes etc. Reference to #1
3. Some add-ons have libraries (supporting add-ons) above included. This could cause a conflict. As for myself I keep them as separate add-ons and remove their redundant instances from other add-on folders.

If you suspect some add-on or core module working improperly, check UI logs.
If you see some error and can describe how to induce it, I probably would be able to fix it, or fix consequences of that error.
To turn logs on follow these steps:
Spoiler:

When you're creating new character, make sure you click "Re-Enable" button and verify add-ons and core modules you need are actually enabled. Or there is a chance you will not be able to open map or do other things that you're entitled to do.
Spoiler:

P.S. I'm fixing and tweaking Enemy, BuffHead and NerfedButtons as I consider them interesting code-wise. I have no intention in fixing every random add-on that is malfunctioning. I have no time nor interest in doing that.
Last edited by OldSerpenT on Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:53 am, edited 45 times in total.
Image Image

Ads
Acidic

Re: Core interface modules bugfixes.

Post#2 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:06 am

Nice , would be good if they were delivered with the client patcher. But good idea to make them available

nailinthehead

Post#3 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:03 am

Thanks for your work. Could you put a short description for each addon explaining what you have fixed?

OldSerpenT
Game Artist

Post#4 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:08 am

nailinthehead wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:03 am Thanks for your work. Could you put a short description for each addon explaining what you have fixed?
done.
Image Image

anarchypark

Post#5 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:35 pm

would it be no problem when city and lotd implemented ?
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO5, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - https://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum ... =8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

OldSerpenT
Game Artist

Post#6 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:00 pm

anarchypark wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:35 pm would it be no problem when city and lotd implemented ?
Well... You have whole 2 weeks before it will be implemented. Then you can just remove respective add-on and use core module that is still sitting inside your interface.myp.
Image Image

OldSerpenT
Game Artist

Post#7 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:31 pm

Fixed Crafting System bug that causes it to crash when you spam-click crafting.
Image Image

Specialpatrol

Post#8 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:30 pm

Cool stuff!

I’d love to give your tweaked versions of Enemy and NB a go. Especially the last one, since that memory issue often shows its ugly face in my current version.

Would it be possible to get a link for those, either here or in a pm?

Thanks!
APONYMOUS l WP l R40 l RR8X
BRAKEDOWN l KOTBS l R40 l RR8X
BOILING l BW l R40 l RR8X
PUFFED l SLY l R40 l RR8X
RHYTHM l AM l R40 l RR8X
EEWULL l DOK l R3X l RR4X

Ads
Manatikik

Post#9 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:15 pm

OldSerpenT wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:31 pm Fixed Crafting System bug that causes it to crash when you spam-click crafting.
Any chance of making it fix from bugging it out with a Critical Failure too?
<Montague><Capulet>

OldSerpenT
Game Artist

Post#10 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:28 pm

Specialpatrol wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:30 pm Cool stuff!

I’d love to give your tweaked versions of Enemy and NB a go. Especially the last one, since that memory issue often shows its ugly face in my current version.

Would it be possible to get a link for those, either here or in a pm?

Thanks!
Will do.

Manatikik wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:15 pm

Any chance of making it fix from bugging it out with a Critical Failure too?
I can if you could explain how to induce the problem.
Image Image