Recent Topics

Ads

Core interface modules bugfixes + few fixed add-ons

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
uanaka

Re: Core interface modules bugfixes + few fixed add-ons

Post#151 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:50 pm

maxonian wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:45 am So guys who is going to be the hero and inject buffs duration implemented in this fixed Enemy version into latest 2.8.0/Vinys Enemy?
Lilim, Viny, Sullemunk?

Having remaining buff duration in seconds displayed on top of buff icon in unit frames is incredibly useful. It's priceless for tracking HoTs as a healer with Viny's HoT tracking presets. It's super useful for chaining m4's during keep and fort pushes as a tank.

The problem is, when I use fixed Enemy from this thread, scenario summary gets completely borked (simply doesnt work), guard and tether start acting funny much more often, combat log parsing is a mess too.

The code is already there, so I tried 'merging' Vinys Enemy with fixed Enemy by only copying and overwriting C:\....\AddOns\Enemy\Code\UnitFrames folder with the 'fixed' version, in hopes to get the best of both worlds - working scenario summary, stable guard/tether AND buff timers for unit frames. Did not work. Unit frames ended up being all messed up.

While we are at it, is there a way to modify scenario summary in Enemy to also include protection table? Dmg, DBs and healing are all there but protection (read = tanks) are left out for whatever reason.
There are already ways to display remaining buff duration, you just need to toggle the timer in enemy unit frames. If you don't see that option you might need to update to a newer Enemy version. Protection is also listed in the scenario summary, so you might want to use the newer version. This is an old post so the "fixed" versions are older and not working correctly. So just update to the newer ones

Ads
maxonian

Post#152 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:36 am

uanaka wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:50 pm There are already ways to display remaining buff duration, you just need to toggle the timer in enemy unit frames. If you don't see that option you might need to update to a newer Enemy version. Protection is also listed in the scenario summary, so you might want to use the newer version. This is an old post so the "fixed" versions are older and not working correctly. So just update to the newer ones

Mind sharing the screenshots of your enemy unit frames configuration where it is possible to make timers visible?

Because I use latest Vinys Enemy, which states to be version 2.8.0, which by the looks of it IS the latest version. And it sadly does not have a timer duration or protection in scenario summary. Idrinth's too have only the 2.8.0 as the newest version.

uanaka

Post#153 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:35 pm

maxonian wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:36 am
uanaka wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:50 pm There are already ways to display remaining buff duration, you just need to toggle the timer in enemy unit frames. If you don't see that option you might need to update to a newer Enemy version. Protection is also listed in the scenario summary, so you might want to use the newer version. This is an old post so the "fixed" versions are older and not working correctly. So just update to the newer ones

Mind sharing the screenshots of your enemy unit frames configuration where it is possible to make timers visible?

Because I use latest Vinys Enemy, which states to be version 2.8.0, which by the looks of it IS the latest version. And it sadly does not have a timer duration or protection in scenario summary. Idrinth's too have only the 2.8.0 as the newest version.
Sorry I remembered wrong - in your effects indicator window when you are configuring those buffs and hots and everything else. Next to the Text Scale option should be a checkmark "enabled". Click that and it will give you a timer overlay on the effect indicator.

maxonian

Post#154 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:45 am

uanaka wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:35 pm Sorry I remembered wrong - in your effects indicator window when you are configuring those buffs and hots and everything else. Next to the Text Scale option should be a checkmark "enabled". Click that and it will give you a timer overlay on the effect indicator.

Yeah, I believe Text Scale is part of Old_Serpent's fixed Enemy config and is missing in basic and Viny's 2.8.0 Enemy. Hence the plead in my first post to people who know LUA to implement it in 2.8.0 Enemy, because it's a great QoL feature.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#155 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:42 am

Lilim wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:00 pm I guess they are implemented...and on the otherhand, some changes on the ingame files were made and some of these fixes are obsolet.
But the AddOns itself are okay!
About the enemy addont posted here => its version 2.7.8 but ui shows it in yellow...and there are a 2.8.0 version on idirinth => its ok to use this one version or better the 2.8.0??

Lilim
Game Master

Post#156 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:45 am

emiliorv wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:42 am
Lilim wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:00 pm I guess they are implemented...and on the otherhand, some changes on the ingame files were made and some of these fixes are obsolet.
About the enemy addont posted here => its version 2.7.8 but ui shows it in yellow...and there are a 2.8.0 version on idirinth => its ok to use this one version or better the 2.8.0??
Hey,

yeah, maybe I should be more specific (and when I wrote this post, I didn't know that).
The Enemy versions looks borked, too. But no 100% guarantee on my side, I don't use this Enemy version.
But sometimes I've got some messages that their Enemy cause FPS issues, and it's yellow (because it's the 2.7.8 version + this version).
And after they change it to 2.8.0 everything is fine now (but you don't have the sexy stopwatch or the effect time tracker anymore + you will lose your settings).

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#157 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:26 pm

Lilim wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:45 am
emiliorv wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:42 am
Hey,

yeah, maybe I should be more specific (and when I wrote this post, I didn't know that).
The Enemy versions looks borked, too. But no 100% guarantee on my side, I don't use this Enemy version.
But sometimes I've got some messages that their Enemy cause FPS issues, and it's yellow (because it's the 2.7.8 version + this version).
And after they change it to 2.8.0 everything is fine now (but you don't have the sexy stopwatch or the effect time tracker anymore + you will lose your settings).
I can live without that "luxuries" but the fps drops are really annoying...mostly playing healer, that seconds unable to do nothing usually ends really bad...will save copy of old and try the new version

stibboe

Post#158 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:45 am

uanaka wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:35 pm

Sorry I remembered wrong - in your effects indicator window when you are configuring those buffs and hots and everything else. Next to the Text Scale option should be a checkmark "enabled". Click that and it will give you a timer overlay on the effect indicator.
So does anyone know which version of Enemy I need to use to see the Hots duration? Because I can't find it, any help would be appreciated :)

Ads
Lilim
Game Master

Post#159 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:04 am

Spoiler:
stibboe wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:45 am

So does anyone know which version of Enemy I need to use to see the Hots duration? Because I can't find it, any help would be appreciated :)
Hey,

it's the Enemy version from this thread, but as it already mentioned....it's a bit borked.

stibboe

Post#160 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:29 am

Spoiler:
Lilim wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:04 am
Spoiler:
stibboe wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:45 am

Hey,

it's the Enemy version from this thread, but as it already mentioned....it's a bit borked.
Hey, thanks for your reply. I downloaded the 2.7.8 version of enemy and also the one at the start of this thread, in both cases I don't see the option that is indicated here where I can click on something ''next to the Text Scale option should be a checkmark "enabled", because that text scale option isn't there.