Recent Topics

Ads

Aura addon questions

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
tkeskin69

Aura addon questions

Post#1 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:52 am

Hello,

I got the following questions about Aura addon:

1. Is it possible to use Aura as an Event(skill) notification system?

Example 1:

- When my selfbuff ( Ferecious Assault aka increase str&tough) is availaible for use, pop this up in the middle of the screen with a Sound notification or the Skill Icon image.

Example 2:

- When i parry someone , that my disarm skill pops up in the middle of the screen so that i know that its availible for use instead of watching every time to my action bar...

2. Is there another addon for these mentioned examples or is Aura the correct one? If Aura is the correct one , can someone tell me how to use the right settings within the addon?

PS: I saw a marauder video on YouTube where he was popping up the increase 25% damage selfbuff skill in the middle of the screen when it was available for use.

Thanks for taking your time reading this.

Ads
OldSerpenT
Game Artist

Re: Aura addon questions

Post#2 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:10 am

Aura is good for showing existing/missing buffs and debuffs on you or your target. Not exacly made to track cooldowns on your abilities.
If you can see an effect that procs from your parry, then you can set this effect up for Aura.
For example, Image - there is a proc that is called "Clarity" if you can see it as an effect on your character, then you can set up an icon that will pop up when the effect appears on your character.
Image Image

Eeshen

Post#3 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:36 pm

@tkeskin69

Did you ever find an addon that did this? I'm still looking for one that gives me an alert (sound or onscreen) that a skill is available.
Yes, I can look at my hotbars, but I prefer not to be looking down at them.

Thanks

toffikx

Post#4 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:08 pm

I'm using Aura to track FA and MA, also the condition based abilities.
For FA and MA just label it as "Ability" in the "Trigger" section, and pick the icon matching the ability. That's it.
For DG,GR and ME you do the same, but also you have to click and "enable" the "Require Explicit Active Check" window.
You can also track detaunts via Aura (or Buffhead).
Found this guide on youtube how to do it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-Ua9UUv-4I

Also; make a backup file of "SavedVariables.lua" that's in WAR Age of Reckoning -> user ->settings -> GLOBAL -> AuraSettings.
That's the file that contains all the aura icons you made. And you need it as backup because Aura wipes all your settings sometimes.

Fenris78

Post#5 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:29 am

toffikx wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:08 pm Also; make a backup file of "SavedVariables.lua" that's in WAR Age of Reckoning -> user ->settings -> GLOBAL -> AuraSettings.
That's the file that contains all the aura icons you made. And you need it as backup because Aura wipes all your settings sometimes.
I'm getting the issue as well, as soon I go into any dungeon instance, Aura settings are wiped.
Any idea how to fix this annoying issue ?

Cabron101

Post#6 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:46 am

Has anyone been able to get this to work for tracking effects on enemy players? Specifically Unstoppable and Immoveable? Buffhead is fine but I was hoping to use this to provide a larger icon/text indicator for when a target is vulnerable to a knockback or knockdown, etc.

I can get effects working on myself but not on targets, also the icons for either of these effects are not present in the options?

Cabron101

Post#7 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:06 pm

Nevermind, I have found the answer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJCpFJ4Ih94

Phantasm

Post#8 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:11 am

Unstoppable icon num 5006
Immovable icon num 5007.

After you create effects in Aura, save and close game, edit /user/global/aurasettings/SavedVariables.lua, Find >> name of effect u made and swap icon num (texture).

Ads
abezverkhiy

Post#9 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:26 am

tkeskin69 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:52 am Hello,

Example 1:

- When my selfbuff ( Ferecious Assault aka increase str&tough) is availaible for use, pop this up in the middle of the screen with a Sound notification or the Skill Icon image.

Example 2:

- When i parry someone , that my disarm skill pops up in the middle of the screen so that i know that its availible for use instead of watching every time to my action bar...

2. Is there another addon for these mentioned examples or is Aura the correct one? If Aura is the correct one , can someone tell me how to use the right settings within the addon?

PS: I saw a marauder video on YouTube where he was popping up the increase 25% damage selfbuff skill in the middle of the screen when it was available for use.

For q1 the answer is yes. I use it to show warnings when I am low on health, when Incognito is ready or when I have 5 combos

For q2 I suggest to use Aura and Nerfed Buttons together
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Lilim
Community Management

Post#10 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:42 am

Spoiler:
abezverkhiy wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:26 am
tkeskin69 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:52 am Hello,

Example 1:

Example 2:

For q1 the answer is yes. I use it to show warnings when I am low on health, when Incognito is ready or when I have 5 combos

For q2 I suggest to use Aura and Nerfed Buttons together
Hey,

the thread is 2 years old....