Recent Topics

Ads

HD texture pack?

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
nathant222

HD texture pack?

Post#1 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:02 pm

Hello, ive recently joined the server after being reminded about the server from a youtube video. The youtuber looked like he had a HD texture pack on as at the character creation screen all of the characters looked good and not like potatoes as they do on mine. (reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJZoIoTVn5U @ 0.01)

I have browsed through https://tools.idrinth.de/addons/ but I cant see anything relevant.

If anyone could help that would be much appreciated. I have all my settings to max already except post processing.

Ads
Glorian

Re: HD texture pack?

Post#2 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:07 pm

There is an grafic update with some really good settings. See here:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=13&hilit=sildurs+enhanced

Although even on high end PCs this leads to an fps drop if the fight starts in earnest around keeps. But on highest settings the game looks great.

HD Textures:
The devs made some tests on some skins but HD textures lead to a tripple size of the art files which lead to drastic fps drop while playing.
So this path wasn't followed anymore a year ago.

xpander
Community Management

Post#3 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:10 pm

Best is to force Anisotropic Filtering (from your GPU settings) to max to make the textures more sharp and also Anti Aliasing like MSAA, not the blurry FXAA.
Game doesnt use much GPU anyway, so you can crank those settings. CPU is the main limiting factor when it comes to big fights
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

xarax

Post#4 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:14 pm

Yes reshade is a good way to improve textures on the cost of some fps.
Zeal80 - Dok82 - Sham74
BO81 - BG80 - WE75

and tooooo many alts

nathant222

Post#5 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:42 pm

Thank you everyone that replied. I think ill try a combination of the reshade and GPU settings!

dalen
Developer

Post#6 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:45 pm

Here's the settings I've applied in the nVidia control panel for war-64.exe: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gdW4lm ... T3HLE/view

It makes it look way nicer with no real fps drop if you have a modern nVidia card.
Source Developer

betozg

Post#7 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:58 pm

I use reshade directly to make the graphics looks better and my fps are fine, you should try it

perche

Post#8 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:34 pm

Zarbix is using antialising in the game.

the game gains a lot visually, although it is true that it needs a texture improvement.
Perche choppa rr100 RIp
Dizparate squid rr100 Rip

Bayoneta vonsodomiten Dok
Froilan Borbon engi nerfed in last 2 patch.

Ads
Mepharees

Post#9 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:47 pm

Glorian wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:07 pm HD Textures:
The devs made some tests on some skins but HD textures lead to a tripple size of the art files which lead to drastic fps drop while playing.
So this path wasn't followed anymore a year ago.
Would be cool to have that as an optional thing for us who don't mind the download size!

Bloodlet

Post#10 » Sun May 17, 2020 3:03 am

dalen wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:45 pm Here's the settings I've applied in the nVidia control panel for war-64.exe: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gdW4lm ... T3HLE/view

It makes it look way nicer with no real fps drop if you have a modern nVidia card.
That definitely does look better.