Recent Topics

Ads

Is there a better targeting addon than RVMOD_Targets?

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
SolaAesir

Is there a better targeting addon than RVMOD_Targets?

Post#1 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:12 am

I'm hoping for something better looking than the 5 options it comes with at least. Maybe there are more Templates out there? I've seen some people with some really nicely set up UIs on here and some seem to have some more targeter options available.

Ads
Cormeister

Re: Is there a better targeting addon than RVMOD_Targets?

Post#2 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:19 am

You could try Target Ring. Puts a colored ring around each of your targets.

https://tools.idrinth.de/addons/targetring/

SolaAesir

Post#3 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:11 am

I do like the look of TargetRing more, but after playing with it for a little bit, it doesn't seem to handle the math of the player moving around very well. It zooms in and out on the target with distance and slides up and down.

sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#4 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:45 am

Effigy
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

Phantasm

Post#5 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:01 am

Spoiler:
SolaAesir wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:12 am I'm hoping for something better looking than the 5 options it comes with at least. Maybe there are more Templates out there? I've seen some people with some really nicely set up UIs on here and some seem to have some more targeter options available.
Targetring with arrow instead of parenthesis

Targetringarrow

Default red for hostile, green for friendly. Ofcourse may need adjsutments of scale, x/y attachement etc.
/targetring

If you got friend good with graphics, you can exchange targetring.dds with anything better that suits your needs.

Bottom part is Effigy unit frame (HUD).

Gottschalt

Post#6 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:24 am

I do alright with target ring, I colored the enemy rings bright pink to let it stand otu from the mass of red

SolaAesir

Post#7 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:46 am

Phantasm wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:01 am Targetring with arrow instead of parenthesis

This looks a lot better, thanks. At some point I'm going to have to dive into Effigy, but it seems fairly complicated and there don't appear to be any good introductions to it anywhere.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#8 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:14 pm

Spoiler:
Phantasm wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:01 am
Spoiler:
SolaAesir wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:12 am I'm hoping for something better looking than the 5 options it comes with at least. Maybe there are more Templates out there? I've seen some people with some really nicely set up UIs on here and some seem to have some more targeter options available.
Targetring with arrow instead of parenthesis

Targetringarrow

Default red for hostile, green for friendly. Ofcourse may need adjsutments of scale, x/y attachement etc.
/targetring

If you got friend good with graphics, you can exchange targetring.dds with anything better that suits your needs.

Bottom part is Effigy unit frame (HUD).
Lot thx for this. I started to use it+rvmods and find easier to check targets position in crowded zones.

Ads