Recent Topics

Ads

Display guild name : effigy, MOTH, or Pure

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
kak932

Display guild name : effigy, MOTH, or Pure

Post#1 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:12 am

Is there any way to display the player's (either hostile or friendly) guild name?
I use VinyUI - with Effigy, MOTH, and Pure to display various target information. I feel like there should be a way with Effigy but I do not know the tag name or string for the correct variable to set as a label.

With so many players on the server it's annoying to have to turn Show friendly guild names off and on for all players. I tend to turn it off when we have a couple hundred players in a fort to try and prevent lag but I would like to see the guild name of the single player I have targeted.
Deadulus - and many other Deadul... toons. ~RR 65 casual solo ;)

Ads
sullemunk
Addon Developer

Re: Display guild name : effigy, MOTH, or Pure

Post#2 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:37 pm

Guildnames are not supplied by traget API
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

kak932

Post#3 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:02 pm

Thanks Sellemunk, no wonder I couldn't figure it out.

Lilim
Community Management

Post#4 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:24 pm

Spoiler:
kak932 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:12 am Is there any way to display the player's (either hostile or friendly) guild name?
I use VinyUI - with Effigy, MOTH, and Pure to display various target information. I feel like there should be a way with Effigy but I do not know the tag name or string for the correct variable to set as a label.

With so many players on the server it's annoying to have to turn Show friendly guild names off and on for all players. I tend to turn it off when we have a couple hundred players in a fort to try and prevent lag but I would like to see the guild name of the single player I have targeted.
hey,

it's not perfect, but if you want to see only the targets "name", "guild" or/and "titel", then check only the 3 boxes:

kak932

Post#5 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:29 am

Thanks I didn't missed that as option. 😁

trixrabbit

Post#6 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:56 am

Lilim wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:24 pm
Spoiler:
kak932 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:12 am Is there any way to display the player's (either hostile or friendly) guild name?

hey,

it's not perfect, but if you want to see only the targets "name", "guild" or/and "titel", then check only the 3 boxes:

That doesn't work for me...it shows name but not guild for some reason. I can see guilds if I click show all friendly

Lilim
Community Management

Post#7 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:06 am

Spoiler:
trixrabbit wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:56 am
Lilim wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:24 pm
Spoiler:

hey,

That doesn't work for me...it shows name but not guild for some reason. I can see guilds if I click show all friendly
Hey,

are your setting saved? Maybe upload a small screenshot :D

trixrabbit

Post#8 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:45 am

Ads