Recent Topics

Ads

WSCT replacement

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Phantasm

WSCT replacement

Post#1 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:16 pm

I have to replace WSCT cause it makes huge lag spikes and freezes when fight in massive battles, tried to tweak it down, but nothing works especially against PnP 5s freeze on combat engage guaranteed:)
I came back to default combat text but those numbers are so small on 3440x1440 screen, is there any way to make them bigger? any addon for that? file editing? I tried Ragnarok Style addon but combat text is attached to my character so meh.

Ads
Wdova

Re: WSCT replacement

Post#2 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:29 pm

I turned it off to, because stability and fps increase is significant especialy at large keep and fort fights. Using base ones at 1440p and its fine.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

wdesu

Post#3 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:13 pm

you can try this https://gitlab.com/nwwdles/war-addons/- ... ttextnames if you want. it's basically a couple of hooks on the EA combat text to change fonts etc. it doesn't support skill icons, only skill names. it shouldn't have significant overhead over the default combat text but don't quote me on that.

edit: got a shorter username and changed gitlab link
Last edited by wdesu on Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phantasm

Post#4 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:08 pm

wdesu wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:13 pm you can try this https://gitlab.com/cupnoodles14/war-add ... ttextnames if you want. it's basically a couple of hooks on the EA combat text to change fonts etc. it doesn't support skill icons, only skill names. it shouldn't have significant overhead over the default combat text but don't quote me on that.
Thanks a lot, that looks like what i was looking for. I`ll test it tomorrow.

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#5 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:59 pm

These LUA events have been a large source of framerate drops. Even the default EA ones suck. I don't think there's a totally easy solution here, but you can try unhooking the default events if you exhaust your options.

Won't look as pretty but it'll give you frames.

Make the changes in wsct.lua:

Code: Select all

-------------------------
--Regsiter WSCT with all events
function WSCT:RegisterSelfEvents()
  UnregisterEventHandler( SystemData.Events.WORLD_OBJ_COMBAT_EVENT, "EA_System_EventText.AddCombatEventText")
  UnregisterEventHandler( SystemData.Events.WORLD_OBJ_XP_GAINED, "EA_System_EventText.AddXpText")
  UnregisterEventHandler( SystemData.Events.WORLD_OBJ_RENOWN_GAINED, "EA_System_EventText.AddRenownText")
  UnregisterEventHandler( SystemData.Events.WORLD_OBJ_INFLUENCE_GAINED, "EA_System_EventText.AddInfluenceText")

-- RegisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.WORLD_OBJ_COMBAT_EVENT, "WSCT.OnCombatEvent")
  -- RegisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.PLAYER_COMBAT_FLAG_UPDATED, "WSCT.PLAYER_COMBAT_FLAG_UPDATED")
  -- RegisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.WORLD_OBJ_XP_GAINED, "WSCT.WORLD_OBJ_XP_GAINED")
  -- RegisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.WORLD_OBJ_RENOWN_GAINED, "WSCT.WORLD_OBJ_RENOWN_GAINED")
  -- RegisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.WORLD_OBJ_INFLUENCE_GAINED, "WSCT.WORLD_OBJ_INFLUENCE_GAINED")
  -- RegisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.PLAYER_CUR_HIT_POINTS_UPDATED, "WSCT.PLAYER_CUR_HIT_POINTS_UPDATED")
  -- RegisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.PLAYER_MORALE_UPDATED, "WSCT.PLAYER_MORALE_UPDATED")
  -- RegisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.PLAYER_EFFECTS_UPDATED, "WSCT.PLAYER_EFFECTS_UPDATED")
  -- RegisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.PLAYER_CUR_ACTION_POINTS_UPDATED, "WSCT.PLAYER_CUR_ACTION_POINTS_UPDATED")
  -- RegisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.PLAYER_CAREER_RESOURCE_UPDATED, "WSCT.PLAYER_CAREER_RESOURCE_UPDATED")
end

-------------------------
--Unregsiter WSCT with all events
function WSCT:UnregisterSelfEvents()
  -- UnregisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.WORLD_OBJ_COMBAT_EVENT, "WSCT.OnCombatEvent")
  -- UnregisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.PLAYER_COMBAT_FLAG_UPDATED, "WSCT.PLAYER_COMBAT_FLAG_UPDATED")
  -- UnregisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.WORLD_OBJ_XP_GAINED, "WSCT.WORLD_OBJ_XP_GAINED")
  -- UnregisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.WORLD_OBJ_RENOWN_GAINED, "WSCT.WORLD_OBJ_RENOWN_GAINED")
  -- UnregisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.WORLD_OBJ_INFLUENCE_GAINED, "WSCT.WORLD_OBJ_INFLUENCE_GAINED")
  -- UnregisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.PLAYER_CUR_HIT_POINTS_UPDATED, "WSCT.PLAYER_CUR_HIT_POINTS_UPDATED")
  -- UnregisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.PLAYER_MORALE_UPDATED, "WSCT.PLAYER_MORALE_UPDATED")
  -- UnregisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.PLAYER_EFFECTS_UPDATED, "WSCT.PLAYER_EFFECTS_UPDATED")
  -- UnregisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.PLAYER_CUR_ACTION_POINTS_UPDATED, "WSCT.PLAYER_CUR_ACTION_POINTS_UPDATED")
  -- UnregisterEventHandler(SystemData.Events.PLAYER_CAREER_RESOURCE_UPDATED, "WSCT.PLAYER_CAREER_RESOURCE_UPDATED")

RegisterEventHandler( SystemData.Events.WORLD_OBJ_COMBAT_EVENT, "EA_System_EventText.AddCombatEventText")
  RegisterEventHandler( SystemData.Events.WORLD_OBJ_XP_GAINED, "EA_System_EventText.AddXpText")
  RegisterEventHandler( SystemData.Events.WORLD_OBJ_RENOWN_GAINED, "EA_System_EventText.AddRenownText")
  RegisterEventHandler( SystemData.Events.WORLD_OBJ_INFLUENCE_GAINED, "EA_System_EventText.AddInfluenceText")
end

uanaka

Post#6 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:34 pm

wdesu wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:13 pm you can try this https://gitlab.com/cupnoodles14/war-add ... ttextnames if you want. it's basically a couple of hooks on the EA combat text to change fonts etc. it doesn't support skill icons, only skill names. it shouldn't have significant overhead over the default combat text but don't quote me on that.
Thanks so much, I've also been struggling with frame issues and I had to disable WSCT. Just quick question, does the text just show up next to the default numbers? One thing I really liked about WSCT is that if I was healing, I could see the heal numbers pop up as opposed to having to look at everyone individually

Phantasm

Post#7 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:29 am

Can you add /script or tell me how to disable names and leave only numbers? Everything else is perfect, inc exp/rp/inf, size and font of dmg, just need to disable names.

voina817

Post#8 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:37 am

Phantasm wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:29 am

Can you add /script or tell me how to disable names and leave only numbers? Everything else is perfect, inc exp/rp/inf, size and font of dmg, just need to disable names.

Maybe you can try this...

just change one word in combattextnames.lua

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
function CombatTextNames.AddCombatEventText(hitTargetObjectNumber, hitAmount,
textType, abilityID)
-- skip incoming events if they're toggled off
if (hitTargetObjectNumber == GameData.Player.worldObjNum) and
((hitAmount < 0 and not CombatTextNames.IncomingDamageEnabled) or
(hitAmount > 0 and not CombatTextNames.IncomingHealsEnabled) or
(hitAmount == 0 and not CombatTextNames.IncomingMissesEnabled)) then
return
end

local data = GetAbilityData(hitAmount) <----This word ( abilityID -> hitAmount )

-- The SetupText that sets the text to display function is going to receive
-- only eventData.amount member. So we replace eventData.amount with a table
-- that contains all the data we need. That is, we add ability name there.
local eventData = {
event = COMBAT_EVENT,
amount = {
hit = hitAmount,
name = data.name,
abilityID = abilityID,
iconNum = data.iconNum
},
type = textType
}

Ads
sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#9 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:50 am

voina817 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:37 am
Phantasm wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:29 am

Maybe you can try this...

just change one word in combattextnames.lua

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
function CombatTextNames.AddCombatEventText(hitTargetObjectNumber, hitAmount,
textType, abilityID)
-- skip incoming events if they're toggled off
if (hitTargetObjectNumber == GameData.Player.worldObjNum) and
((hitAmount < 0 and not CombatTextNames.IncomingDamageEnabled) or
(hitAmount > 0 and not CombatTextNames.IncomingHealsEnabled) or
(hitAmount == 0 and not CombatTextNames.IncomingMissesEnabled)) then
return
end

local data = GetAbilityData(hitAmount) <----This word ( abilityID -> hitAmount )

-- The SetupText that sets the text to display function is going to receive
-- only eventData.amount member. So we replace eventData.amount with a table
-- that contains all the data we need. That is, we add ability name there.
local eventData = {
event = COMBAT_EVENT,
amount = {
hit = hitAmount,
name = data.name,
abilityID = abilityID,
iconNum = data.iconNum
},
type = textType
}
I suggest just changing
name = data.name,
To
name = L"",
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

repel
Game Artist

Post#10 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:42 pm

Phantasm wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:16 pm I have to replace WSCT cause it makes huge lag spikes and freezes when fight in massive battles, tried to tweak it down, but nothing works especially against PnP 5s freeze on combat engage guaranteed:)
I came back to default combat text but those numbers are so small on 3440x1440 screen, is there any way to make them bigger? any addon for that? file editing? I tried Ragnarok Style addon but combat text is attached to my character so meh.
I dont use wsct for a long time cause i changed default EA addon EASystem_EventText. It shows ability icons now and i increased font size a bit.
Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I1Dt5V ... sp=sharing
Apache SH