Recent Topics

Ads

[ADDON] Warband Lead Helper

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
sullemunk
Addon Developer

Re: [ADDON] Warband Lead Helper

Post#11 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:17 am

clauherb wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:06 am wow, super! Thx mate :-) have some questions:
* where can I find custumization/config?
* tried to make a macro with /wlh to save a button, did not worked. Is this the way to do?
* can i change position in UI?

many thanks / Danke, saludos
Clau
If you are going to do a macro it's best to do a /script with the function name the /wlh is pointing to
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

Ads
provide

Post#12 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:26 am

sullemunk wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:17 am If you are going to do a macro it's best to do a /script with the function name the /wlh is pointing to
Sweet, just tried it.
This macro works:

Code: Select all

/script wbLeadHelper.toggleWbLeadHelperWindow();
Cheers

velenne

Post#13 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:16 pm

Is there a list of icons somewhere to use here: local wlhMessageStart = "<icon49>"; ?

Thanks so much for an amazing mod. This is a great community resource.

provide

Post#14 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:03 pm

Glad you like it.

I don't have a list but in this thread viewtopic.php?t=13575 are some mentioned. You can try it out yourself tho. You can just paste them in the in game chat box and annoy the people around you while finding the one you like. ;)

Martok

Post#15 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:53 pm

I have seen those countdowns, good stuff.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

velenne

Post#16 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:06 pm

provide wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:03 pm Glad you like it.

I don't have a list but in this thread viewtopic.php?t=13575 are some mentioned. You can try it out yourself tho. You can just paste them in the in game chat box and annoy the people around you while finding the one you like. ;)
Sweet, thanks again!

randomeclipse

Post#17 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:02 pm

Very nice, great work.

Phantasm

Post#18 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:14 pm

Too bad we have no low tiers for practice leading. Its big resposibility to not crash 24 pug man on a shields of guild premade WB:)

Ads
hunter4souls

Post#19 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:51 am

have reworked some addon's code and added some options for more customization:
- reworked wlhMessages object, so it should be easy to add new buttons
- added options to change button and text colors (you can leave fields empty to use default colors)
- added options to add specific icons in the beggining and the end of each message (same with default icons)
- added more buttons and regrouped them
- some code tweaks

to update addon, you'll have to replace code in

wbLeadHelper.lua
with this code

https://pastebin.com/SENEFEB7
<icon20191> Aktheon : drift masta
<icon20201> Akteon : healer? what healer?
<icon20203> Aktheonus : M.D. on drugs
<icon20181> Aktheonius : deep (Keep) penetration
<icon20197> Aktheonok : as good as kfc

provide

Post#20 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:02 am

Hey mate thx for the comment.

I am already working on the next version and already added button text colors, mainly to highlight buttons you have to find quickly and make submenus better recognizable. Changing the icons in general was already possible. Not being able to change icons per button was a deliberate design choice to make it easier to recognize which messages belong to what person, when multiple people use the addon. Besides that, personally I think having too many different icons makes it harder to follow the chat but that might just be me.

I am hesitant to add more message. The next update will already add two new button submenus, I don't want it to get too big. At least not by default. I made it configurable (more or less) for a reason, so people can add more if they need it (like you did).

Regarding your wlhMessages rework. Funnily enough that looks similar to what I had before. :) I changed it back to a flat structure after noticing people having problems changing a too complex version of it. So non technical people have it easier to add buttons on their own.

Thanks for your changes, I definitely appreciate you finding the addon useful and changing it to your liking. I hope you understand that I will not merge your changes for now cause I already implement some of it myself and the above reasons.

Cheers, hope to see ya in game.