Recent Topics

Ads

Can someone please help me with GES?

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
oestcote

Can someone please help me with GES?

Post#1 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:30 pm

Hi all,

I have VinyUI pack and am absolutely loving the GES + Tether combination for my guarding. Mainly because it shows me when I have guard on, who I have it on, their health and how far away they are - especially using that cool tethering visual.

The challenge is trying to make it show/announce when I am guarding someone or switching targets as it currently is NOT doing that. When I go into the GES configuration the default channel to announc is set to "Smart Channel" which doesn't do anything. When I change the channel to /say or /party or /sc it works fine and makes the announcement AND puts guard on, but it gets rid of the tether visual.

The only time I can get the tether visual to show is when I set the channel to "Smart Channel". In that case, it shows the tether visual but doesn't make any announcements (that I can see). So I have a choice of either having my tether visual work or the accouncement work, but not both.

Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Or, is there just a simple way to make a macro that Guards someone then makes an announcement? Hopefully a combination of that + GES + Tether will work

Thanks all this is driving me crazy!

Ads
Shilack

Re: Can someone please help me with GES?

Post#2 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:08 pm

Since you have viny ui you should have a bunch of macros that compliment some of your addons, there is 1 in particular that looks like 3 cannon balls that forces tether to show the line. I usually just swap guard and press that with a keybind.