Recent Topics

Ads

Addon Memory Usage or Allocation?

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.

Moderators: Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
xruptor

Addon Memory Usage or Allocation?

Post#1 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:59 pm

Is there anyway to see how much each addon is using in terms of memory usage/allocation? I would like to cut back on memory intensive addons, but I would like to see how much each one takes.

Ads
Manatikik

Re: Addon Memory Usage or Allocation?

Post#2 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:56 pm

xruptor wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:59 pm
Is there anyway to see how much each addon is using in terms of memory usage/allocation? I would like to cut back on memory intensive addons, but I would like to see how much each one takes.

So weirdly enough every add on affects everyone differently in performance hit. The main Culprits are: Enemy (but it’s necessary), Pure, Buffhead, and Miracle Grow Remix. As far as I know there is no way to check which one increases the base memory leak more (yes RoR has a base Memory leak that seems can’t be fixed due to base game issues from waaaay back) and you just have to check and see which ones make you lag more.
<Montague><Capulet>

saupreusse
Former Staff

Post#3 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:04 pm

Yeah sadly enemy is a really big performance hitter especially in warbands. I wish there was a lightweight version of it :/

xruptor

Post#4 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:12 pm

DOH! I was hoping there was a way to track this stuff. That way I can monitor and find culprits that I could maybe streamline or something or just remove entirely. Darn....

saupreusse
Former Staff

Post#5 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:17 pm

I can tell you that the worst are enemy, wsct and miracle grow simply by testing.

xruptor

Post#6 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:25 pm

saupreusse wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:17 pm
I can tell you that the worst are enemy, wsct and miracle grow simply by testing.
I wonder if there is a replacement for miracle grow that isn't so intrusive. Just something really simple.

In terms of WSCT I came across this thread with a few alternatives. (viewtopic.php?f=66&t=37840)

RathBrand

Post#7 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:23 pm

I thought an add-on like warboard (or maybe it was in VinyUI) had an option to display Lua memory and run garbage collection.

xruptor

Post#8 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:13 pm

RathBrand wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:23 pm
I thought an add-on like warboard (or maybe it was in VinyUI) had an option to display Lua memory and run garbage collection.
If it does then I haven't seen it. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction if they do exist. Thanks for the response, it's at least a step in the right direction.

Ads
Naelar

Post#9 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:41 pm

MiracleGrow really adds to the lag for me. I can't do rvr with it.

emiliorv

Post#10 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:07 am

xruptor wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:25 pm
saupreusse wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:17 pm
I wonder if there is a replacement for miracle grow that isn't so intrusive. Just something really simple.

In terms of WSCT I came across this thread with a few alternatives. (viewtopic.php?f=66&t=37840)

MGR => in addon sub-section are at least:
1 post with changes to MGR to decrease the lag issues made by this addon
1 post with one addont to replace MGR (cant remember the name)