Recent Topics

Ads

Addon Memory Usage or Allocation?

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
emiliorv
Suspended

Re: Addon Memory Usage or Allocation?

Post#11 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:14 am

saupreusse wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:17 pm I can tell you that the worst are enemy, wsct and miracle grow simply by testing.

i disabled wsct some time ago (turn game unplayable in big fights) and dont use mgr....also disabled some of the buffhead options the game runs better (still big lag spikes in fort pushes).

Regarding enemy...didnt know that make so big lag issues => i really only use enemy to wb/grp frames, to track some debuffs/buffs/hots (disabled dps/hps meters and other utilities)...maybe will run better if try another addont for this purpose?? maybe squared?

Ads
RathBrand

Post#12 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:02 pm

xruptor wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:13 pm
RathBrand wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:23 pm I thought an add-on like warboard (or maybe it was in VinyUI) had an option to display Lua memory and run garbage collection.
If it does then I haven't seen it. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction if they do exist. Thanks for the response, it's at least a step in the right direction.
Found it. It's a warboard module called Warboard_LuaMemory that is part of VinyUI. It was added in VinyUI 5.1 and I believe it was written by the creator of VinyUI. Here is what it looks like:

saupreusse
Developer

Post#13 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:09 pm

Does the garbage collector increase ui performance?

RathBrand

Post#14 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:03 pm

saupreusse wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:09 pm Does the garbage collector increase ui performance?
I only used it briefly so can't say for sure. It probably helped, but I still had to use /reload pretty often to get over some issues.

I think some performance issues have more to do with bad event handlers since there's that thread were the guy disabled a bunch of event handlers in some core modules and saw performance improve a lot.

xruptor

Post#15 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:10 pm

RathBrand wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:02 pm
xruptor wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:13 pm
RathBrand wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:23 pm I thought an add-on like warboard (or maybe it was in VinyUI) had an option to display Lua memory and run garbage collection.
If it does then I haven't seen it. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction if they do exist. Thanks for the response, it's at least a step in the right direction.
Found it. It's a warboard module called Warboard_LuaMemory that is part of VinyUI. It was added in VinyUI 5.1 and I believe it was written by the creator of VinyUI. Here is what it looks like:

Hey thanks! I was able to grab it and I'm testing it out now.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#16 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:30 pm

RathBrand wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:03 pm
saupreusse wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:09 pm Does the garbage collector increase ui performance?
I only used it briefly so can't say for sure. It probably helped, but I still had to use /reload pretty often to get over some issues.

I think some performance issues have more to do with bad event handlers since there's that thread were the guy disabled a bunch of event handlers in some core modules and saw performance improve a lot.
Disabling core modules or modifying default/EA UI elements may impact your ability to play the game if we end up implementing those core modules in the future. Something to keep in mind. It would probably be patched over anyway.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

RathBrand

Post#17 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:17 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:30 pm
RathBrand wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:03 pm

Disabling core modules or modifying default/EA UI elements may impact your ability to play the game if we end up implementing those core modules in the future. Something to keep in mind. It would probably be patched over anyway.
Yes, I've heard those changes break a lot of group stuff which I why I haven't used it. I was hoping that the dev team is looking into those modules because there is probably some truth that there are performance issues there and I was hopping it get "officially" fixed at the game level similar to how you guys have done in the past. Do you know if you guys are looking into those? I know I suffer from the large lag spikes every 3 seconds after a few large fights.