Recent Topics

Ads

Nerfed Button Question - Cant get it to work

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
ragesteel

Nerfed Button Question - Cant get it to work

Post#1 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:28 pm

hey all - I'm a lowly chosen warrior but I want to avoid having to press the button for enraged blow (or any other no cool down attack button) to save my hands from carpel tunnel :)

My goal is to have a sequence where these attacks are automated and thought that nerfed button could do this.

I've tried all kinds of combinations and cant get enraged blow (or any other attack) to go in the sequence

not sure you can see the attached image I added but if not - I have Enraged blow set to virtual cool down then 1 second - but it never goes off after that? what am I doing wrong?

ALSO I have nerfedbuttons 331 and liblah 300 in my return of reckongin> interface>addons folder - is that correct? and are those the correct versions?

Thank you all - really excited to come back to this game

Ads
Secrets
Former Staff

Re: Nerfed Button Question - Cant get it to work

Post#2 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:19 pm

ragesteel wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:28 pm hey all - I'm a lowly chosen warrior but I want to avoid having to press the button for enraged blow (or any other no cool down attack button) to save my hands from carpel tunnel :)

My goal is to have a sequence where these attacks are automated and thought that nerfed button could do this.

I've tried all kinds of combinations and cant get enraged blow (or any other attack) to go in the sequence

not sure you can see the attached image I added but if not - I have Enraged blow set to virtual cool down then 1 second - but it never goes off after that? what am I doing wrong?

ALSO I have nerfedbuttons 331 and liblah 300 in my return of reckongin> interface>addons folder - is that correct? and are those the correct versions?

Thank you all - really excited to come back to this game
If you want to just use NB as a sequencer, just put the abilities in priority order. Put the ones with cooldowns first, and put a single ability without a cooldown last. You don't have to use all of your abilities, btw.

Some aren't even worth using over other abilities in certain scenarios. IE; Cleave is better than Enraged Blow for PVP due to the higher base damage and that it can't be defended.

As a reminder, automating keypresses is against the terms of service here. You can have an addon pick one button press over another, however, you can't have it actively press buttons for you without you performing any inputs.

I feel your pain as a fellow person with RSI, however, you need to play the game, it can't be done for you. You need to input an action to avoid being banned. The punishment for automated gameplay is a perma ban. I recommend looking into alternative inputs if needed, foot pedals, accessibility devices, etc.