Recent Topics

Ads

Loyal Pet v2.9.2 | anyone out there who can fix it?

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
knick

Loyal Pet v2.9.2 | anyone out there who can fix it?

Post#1 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:17 pm

Hey guys
I´m actual using the newest version of loyal Pet i could found on https://tools.idrinth.de . But unfortunately it´s a bit buggy. No matter what i try in the setting my pet uses all of his ability's also those which are set to "manual" or "ignore". sometimes it´s work for a few minutes but most of the time not. any advices here or some one who can take a look in the addon to fix this problem?
[Kraehenfeld] Knick WL RR85+

Ads
Lilim
Community Management

Re: Loyal Pet v2.9.2 | anyone out there who can fix it?

Post#2 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:18 pm

knick wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:17 pm Hey guys
I´m actual using the newest version of loyal Pet i could found on https://tools.idrinth.de . But unfortunately it´s a bit buggy. No matter what i try in the setting my pet uses all of his ability's also those which are set to "manual" or "ignore". sometimes it´s work for a few minutes but most of the time not. any advices here or some one who can take a look in the addon to fix this problem?
Hey,

so according to your text I would say you already used an older version of loyal pet? If yes, maybe delete the old loyal pet settings.
- close your game
- go to: RoR root folder / user / settings / MartyrsSquare/ character (with the pet) / current used profile/ and delete the loyal pet folder
- go back to: RoR root folder / cache / and delete the whole content of the cache folder
- start your game again

knick

Post#3 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:50 pm

Lilim wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:18 pm Hey,

so according to your text I would say you already used an older version of loyal pet? If yes, maybe delete the old loyal pet settings.
- close your game
- go to: RoR root folder / user / settings / MartyrsSquare/ character (with the pet) / current used profile/ and delete the loyal pet folder
- go back to: RoR root folder / cache / and delete the whole content of the cache folder
- start your game again
i used the newest version since i fresh installed the game. I tried your suggestion but so far no change. My pet using randomly ability´s i set to manual or ignore

geezereur

Post#4 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:36 pm

knick wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:50 pm
Lilim wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:18 pm Hey,

- close your game
- start your game again
i used the newest version since i fresh installed the game. I tried your suggestion but so far no change. My pet using randomly ability´s i set to manual or ignore
Setting abilities dont work on the addon never has in ror as far as I know.

Lilim
Community Management

Post#5 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:44 pm

hey,

yeah, maybe I should read the question properly...
You can't force your pet to use a certain skill...you can only controll attack, heel and stay.

I thought these buttons where broken....

normanis

Post#6 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:48 pm

try pet assist addon. and use macro /pa on
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

knick

Post#7 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:40 pm

Lilim wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:44 pm hey,

yeah, maybe I should read the question properly...
You can't force your pet to use a certain skill...you can only controll attack, heel and stay.

I thought these buttons where broken....
im talking about this

im sure on live it worked as intended to have control of pet ability's.

knick

Post#8 » Sun May 09, 2021 12:39 pm

push. nobody out there who can take a look in loyalpet and ability control?

Ads
Secrets
Former Staff

Post#9 » Mon May 10, 2021 1:37 pm

knick wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:39 pm push. nobody out there who can take a look in loyalpet and ability control?
We actually fixed this in the latest patch. Don't use LoyalPet, it has been made irrelevant.

Keeping your pet in defensive will now make it so that if you attack a target, your pet will follow your attacks. This is the default stance your pet spawns with.
Aggressive means your pet will actively seek out targets that attack you or are in close proximity to your pet. The pet will switch to targets that are attacking you.
Passive is identical to before; your pet is on manual control when controlled via passive. You can keybind your pet to attack or follow in the keybindings menu.
Manual control is possible with all 3 modes, the passive mode gives you 100% complete control however.

Teefz

Post#10 » Mon May 10, 2021 1:50 pm

knick wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:40 pm
im sure on live it worked as intended to have control of pet ability's.
Can confirm that it gave the handler the ability to control in which order the pet would fire the abilities. This has never been the case on this server and I'm not sure this is something RoR will implement.
Secrets wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:37 pm
knick wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:39 pm push. nobody out there who can take a look in loyalpet and ability control?
We actually fixed this in the latest patch. Don't use LoyalPet, it has been made irrelevant.

Keeping your pet in defensive will now make it so that if you attack a target, your pet will follow your attacks. This is the default stance your pet spawns with.
Aggressive means your pet will actively seek out targets that attack you or are in close proximity to your pet. The pet will switch to targets that are attacking you.
Passive is identical to before; your pet is on manual control when controlled via passive. You can keybind your pet to attack or follow in the keybindings menu.
Manual control is possible with all 3 modes, the passive mode gives you 100% complete control however.
You should take a closer look at Squig pets - at least the ranged(Gas + Spiked). Their positioning is totally off at times, appearing at one place, but somewhere completely different, despite spamming Heel. Also, it seems like all pets are super bugged in Black Fire Basin sc. The ice seems to totally mess up their pathing.

*edit* Gittens made a video about the ranged pets: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNdHED1eoB4 ( https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/18965 )
Last edited by Teefz on Mon May 10, 2021 1:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.