Recent Topics

Ads

[DX9 > DX12 PROXY] Further Performance Boosting

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Aquila228

Re: [DX9 > DX12 PROXY] Further Performance Boosting

Post#71 » Mon May 17, 2021 11:21 am

dxvk gives no valuable performance boost, but I've stopped getting micro freezes, especially in large scale fights.
dx12proxy is not working with ROR
dgVoodoo gave me fps drop and many players have no textures.
So dxvk is the only thing you should try atm (you can use start.bat from this thread for some QoL, also don't forget to use x86 version of d3d9.dll and set your client to x32 version)

Ads
tvbrowntown
Suspended

Post#72 » Tue May 18, 2021 2:27 am

Aquila228 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:21 am dxvk gives no valuable performance boost, but I've stopped getting micro freezes, especially in large scale fights.
i'd say no micro freezing during large scale rvr is a valuable performance boost tbh

Schett

Post#73 » Tue May 18, 2021 7:06 pm

Aquila228 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:21 am dxvk gives no valuable performance boost, but I've stopped getting micro freezes, especially in large scale fights.
dx12proxy is not working with ROR
dgVoodoo gave me fps drop and many players have no textures.
So dxvk is the only thing you should try atm (you can use start.bat from this thread for some QoL, also don't forget to use x86 version of d3d9.dll and set your client to x32 version)
Following this installation guide https://github.com/Numeriku/warhammerdxvk
I didn't get a x86 version of d3d9.dll.

Also what's the reason behind using x32 d3d9.dll rather than x64 since you can have the game in 64 bit?
Schett - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: TUP / Deep and Dry - Order ----- The Unlikely Plan - Destruction

xpander
Community Management

Post#74 » Wed May 19, 2021 3:40 am

this game is not 64bit.
WAR-64.exe is also 32bit.
in the past WAR-64.exe just used to be LAA patched so it could use more RAM.
But these days both executables are patched with it.
WAR-64 just has fps cap removed (which breaks animations when fps is over 100). rest is same. its still a 32bit game
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

Kenshiken

Post#75 » Wed May 19, 2021 10:37 pm

tvbrowntown wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:27 am
i'd say no micro freezing during large scale rvr is a valuable performance boost tbh
I agree. It's a main complain with this game, no? Large scale = full stutter mess.

Aquila228

Post#76 » Fri May 21, 2021 4:32 pm

Kenshiken wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 10:37 pm
tvbrowntown wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:27 am
I agree. It's a main complain with this game, no? Large scale = full stutter mess.
Well, they are not completly removed, but happen rarely

Eisboleas

Post#77 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:31 am

So I hear a lot of people talking about this and how it helps with the fights in big fights, your not that lagy, I tried installing it but I had random freezes in loading screen and during game for like15 +/- seconds. Any idea what could cause this ?
"If you want to know who you are, you have to look at your real self and acknowledge what you see."

Darkenya [WE]

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#78 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:45 am

Eisboleas wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:31 am So I hear a lot of people talking about this and how it helps with the fights in big fights, your not that lagy, I tried installing it but I had random freezes in loading screen and during game for like15 +/- seconds. Any idea what could cause this ?
ey! on windows u have to install vulkan manually i think. maybe check if it's up to date.
also some dxvk version may work better then others. maybe tips from others here ? i use 1.8.1, could happen my game freezes once per day.
gl!

Ads
Eisboleas

Post#79 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:39 pm

ufthakk wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:45 am
Eisboleas wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:31 am So I hear a lot of people talking about this and how it helps with the fights in big fights, your not that lagy, I tried installing it but I had random freezes in loading screen and during game for like15 +/- seconds. Any idea what could cause this ?
ey! on windows u have to install vulkan manually i think. maybe check if it's up to date.
also some dxvk version may work better then others. maybe tips from others here ? i use 1.8.1, could happen my game freezes once per day.
gl!
Manually means I have to just download the Vulkan SDK ?
"If you want to know who you are, you have to look at your real self and acknowledge what you see."

Darkenya [WE]

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#80 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:01 pm

Eisboleas wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:39 pm
ufthakk wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:45 am
gl!
Manually means I have to just download the Vulkan SDK ?
sry i was wrong, should be come along with your gpu driver. are u using a laptop ? maybe with intel/nvidia gpu ?