Recent Topics

Ads

[DX9 > DX12 PROXY] Further Performance Boosting

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
yosha

Re: [DX9 > DX12 PROXY] Further Performance Boosting

Post#91 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:13 pm

Fenris78 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:29 pm So now I have :
- with DXVK : no reshade, smoother gameplay but a lot of crashes, as if my client was running the 32-bits executable.
Both EXEs are 32bit so you know there is no actual 64bit one.

Ads
Fenris78

Post#92 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:13 pm

yosha wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:13 pm
- with DXVK : no reshade, smoother gameplay but a lot of crashes, as if my client was running the 32-bits executable.
I'm aware yes, I was reffering to game behavior when launcher is setup to 32 bits (lots of crashes) vs the 64-bits (wich is not a real 64 bits, no need to beat a dead horse :p).

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#93 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:27 pm

yosha wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:13 pm
your first post ? :D

xpander
Community Management

Post#94 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:42 pm

yeah the launcher executables are stupidly named.
both WAR.exe and WAR-64.exe are 32 bit. and both are Large Address Aware patched these days as well.
The only difference is that WAR-64.exe has fps cap (100) removed. Which breaks animations when fps is more than 100 in game.

and Launcher is 32bit also, using .NET framework.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

Fritomaster

Post#95 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:33 am

Any luck or updates on this?

Scottx125

Post#96 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:11 pm

Fritomaster wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:33 am Any luck or updates on this?
Yeah I'd like to know too, I've used dx12 proxy on GW2 and it's amazing. It could do wonders for RoR. I'd probably argue trying to get this to work should be a high priority.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

seantree

Post#97 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:31 pm

I finally got d912pxy to load the game but this is the result. not sure if anyone knows of any of the config settings that may fix this :/

Kenshiken

Post#98 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:57 pm

Using latest DXVK 32bit now. In game it says "VULKAN".

For first 2 hours of gameplay (fort, keep, rvr) game objectively through monitoring by RivaTuner to be A LOT more frame-time steady and MUCH MORE stutter-less.

ALSO, I think this VULKAN proxy remove the BIG PROBLEM of required restart of the client because of the perfrormance degraradation over playtime.

But It run in Fullscreen even if "Use Fullscreen" is disabled. So, that's a big-big baddy because you can't alt-tab normally. I didn't encounter any bad behavior with alt+tabbing so far that you encounter with DX9 renderer (black screen, textures issues), but, it's still a problem.

Maybe you can force window and with "borderless gaming" make it borderless fullscreen. Going to try it, too.

UPDATE: Enabling "Show Frame" is basically fixed Fullscreen issue. You can alt+tab without any issues.

Ads
Secrets
Former Staff

Post#99 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:00 am

Kenshiken wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:57 pm Using latest DXVK 32bit now. In game it says "VULKAN".

For first 2 hours of gameplay (fort, keep, rvr) game objectively through monitoring by RivaTuner to be A LOT more frame-time steady and MUCH MORE stutter-less.

ALSO, I think this VULKAN proxy remove the BIG PROBLEM of required restart of the client because of the perfrormance degraradation over playtime.

But It run in Fullscreen even if "Use Fullscreen" is disabled. So, that's a big-big baddy because you can't alt-tab normally. I didn't encounter any bad behavior with alt+tabbing so far that you encounter with DX9 renderer (black screen, textures issues), but, it's still a problem.

Maybe you can force window and with "borderless gaming" make it borderless fullscreen. Going to try it, too.

UPDATE: Enabling "Show Frame" is basically fixed Fullscreen issue. You can alt+tab without any issues.
This has been my experience with it too. Remember - you have to rename the dll after the launcher starts. Glad you're experiencing the same results I am!

Scottx125

Post#100 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:01 am

Sorry maybe I'm being the idiot in the room, but what benefit does renaming the dll do? I'm also going to try to get my guild to try this during primetime to see if it gives any improvement on performance, I'll bring back the consensus.

Edit - Oh to fix the issues with the launcher.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.