Recent Topics

Ads

Enemy 2.8.0 updated + RoR Intercom

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
xyeppp
Former Staff

Enemy 2.8.0 updated + RoR Intercom

Post#1 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:44 pm

Enemy 2.8.0 for RoR
Enemy 2.8.0 with few extra features and Intercom adapted for Return of Reckoning - uses VinyUI's Enemy 2.8.0 as base.
All credit where it's due to OldSerpenT, sullemunk and Caffeine.

Alternative intercom for German client here.

Code: Select all

- Added buff duration timers by OldSerpent
- Added stopwatch by OldSerpent
- Added missing option check on Group Icons Show on Marked Players
- Added protection & objectives to Scenario Info display
- Removed guard spam on Intercom - this breaks GES functionality for the guarded player, but I think everyone runs tether now anyways
- Intercom changes by Sullemunk added and adapted further for Return of Reckoning purposes.
 (Requires guild officer chat permissions to function in guild mode, completely spam-free and out-of-party when officer chat is filtered)
- Lowered the chat throttle on Intercom for better calling responsiveness
- Changed Intercom message string to lessen the spam impact on public channels when in use
Spoiler:

Since the only filterable dump channel in game is guild officer I have added it as an intercom mode - you can have a completely spam-free and out-of-party guild intercom once you filter the officer channel out.

Ask for channel has been removed from the menu as channels are fixed now so there's no point in asking for their existence - you either join or not.
Guard spam has been completely removed.

The addon produces a single message on target mark, but this is needed to keep assist switching functionality.
All irrelevant gibberish related to marking by /target and guard spam has been removed and I have kept the message as simple as possible.

You can implement it with OldSerpenT's way and have no spam, but you are then limited to a single caller only (the person who invited you into the intercom) - there is no way to have both no spam and assist switching working without private channels because of how .alert works on the server.
I think this takes away from addon functionality so I implemented Sullemunk's intercom instead and made the spam message look like it has some sense.

Make sure you give officer chat permissions to guildmates in order to use the guild intercom otherwise they will not be able to join.

Because of the changed message string this Intercom is not compatible with other Enemy versions - you will all have to have the same one.

Known issues:
Spoiler:
There's a small bug present in Enemy in which overhead marks won't disappear in certain situations like a witch hunter going stealth and you not switching to a new target, or when they die and release.
The same happens when you mark somebody manually with marks, so it is not because of anything I've done as I haven't touched them and this is how Enemy behaved before.

I have made these removable with shift+right-click for now which was not possible before, so when they get stuck just remove them yourself.
I'm struggling to make them disappear completely when you lose the target, so if somebody wants to take a look at Marks and help me out here that would be great.

Because of no /target feature the overhead marks will sometimes not update correctly until you click on the target - they work fine most of the time, but you cannot fix this without /target on the server and adding gibberish back to the message.

WARNING!
Before installing this version please make a backup of two folders for your own sake:

Code: Select all

Interface/Addons/Enemy
user/settings/Martyrs Square/YourCharacterName/YourCharacterName/Enemy
In case you were not using the VinyUI 2.8.0 Enemy I have no idea if this is compatible with some old versions without messing up your UI settings.

All credit where it's due to OldSerpenT, sullemunk and Caffeine.
Last edited by xyeppp on Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:59 pm, edited 28 times in total.
Github / Tighub / Stack

Ads
Jaffawer

Re: Enemy 2.8.0 updated + RoR Intercom

Post#2 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:52 am

How exactly do you enable these buff duration timers? Have been going through the config but still can't find it.
Archmage - Ealleas Silverscroll, rr80+
Swordmaster - Eallethril Goldwing, rr60+
White Lion - Koranthir Swiftstrider, WIP

xyeppp
Former Staff

Post#3 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:55 am

Jaffawer wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:52 am How exactly do you enable these buff duration timers? Have been going through the config but still can't find it.
To enable or disable buff timers go to individual Effect Indicators.
Github / Tighub / Stack

Jaffawer

Post#4 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:29 pm

xyeppp wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:55 am
Jaffawer wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:52 am How exactly do you enable these buff duration timers? Have been going through the config but still can't find it.
To enable or disable buff timers go to individual Effect Indicators.
Hm that's weird, I already tried that but did not see any timers. Gonna reinstall the addon.

Jaffawer

Post#5 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:55 pm

Alright, it is working now. I probably messed something up while updating the addon. Cheers.

Magusar

Post#6 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:19 pm

Great thing, but have one problem with marks- its removed them if u are right-click on it (Target on click option in mark's editor removed).
Drukar Netherlord
SL 87
WH 87
Marauder 84
Sorc 83
Eng 82
WL 82
Chop 81

xyeppp
Former Staff

Post#7 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:28 pm

Magusar wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:19 pm Great thing, but have one problem with marks- its removed them if u are right-click on it (Target on click option in mark's editor removed).
You mean enemy marks?
The problem with enemy marks is this:

They stay on your screen when target releases.

For now I made them removable with right click which was not possible before - otherwise you would have them stuck on your screen for 10 seconds until they decided to disappear.
I can change it back to make them unremovable with right click or add the shift modifier for removal.

Changed it back to shift+right click to remove.
I'll post a link in a bit.
Github / Tighub / Stack

Magusar

Post#8 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:42 pm

xyeppp wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:28 pm
Magusar wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:19 pm Great thing, but have one problem with marks- its removed them if u are right-click on it (Target on click option in mark's editor removed).
You mean enemy marks?
The problem with enemy marks is this:

They stay on your screen when target releases.

For now I made them removable with right click which was not possible before - otherwise you would have them stuck on your screen for 10 seconds until they decided to disappear.
I can change it back to make them unremovable with right click or add the shift modifier for removal.

Changed it back to shift+right click to remove.
I'll post a link in a bit.
Many thx.
Drukar Netherlord
SL 87
WH 87
Marauder 84
Sorc 83
Eng 82
WL 82
Chop 81

Ads
xyeppp
Former Staff

Post#9 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:12 am

Spoiler:
Protection & objectives added to scenario info.

Link in the main post updated.

Last edited by xyeppp on Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Github / Tighub / Stack

xyeppp
Former Staff

Post#10 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:54 pm

Spoiler:
xyeppp wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:12 am Protection & objectives added to scenario info.

Link in the main post updated.

Fixed a small tooltip issue with the new SC info and moved it about a little.
Link.
Last edited by xyeppp on Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Github / Tighub / Stack