Recent Topics

Ads

CastSequencer Addon Broken After Last Patch

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
zarlemagne

CastSequencer Addon Broken After Last Patch

Post#1 » Fri May 28, 2021 8:22 pm

CastSequencer is a simple cast sequencer WITHOUT CONDITIONALS CHECKS

But after the latest patch changes to block the use of NerfedButtons (because of it's automatimation of conditional checks)
It has also broken CastSequener and causes the 3s Ability CD

Can anyone fix this as there is nothing in this addon (that I know of), that I can't do using my keyboard/mouse software

Ads
Topdude

Re: CastSequencer Addon Broken After Last Patch

Post#2 » Sat May 29, 2021 4:51 pm

Yes, please fix! I don't give a damn about conditional checks or anything, I just want a sequencer that I can use to build a sequence.

Rydiak

Post#3 » Sat May 29, 2021 5:02 pm

Any change to your hotbars during combat now invokes a 3 second global cooldown. CastSequencer depends on hotbar ability swaps, and thus will not work with this restriction.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Stahn123
Banned

Post#4 » Sat May 29, 2021 8:23 pm

So they basically broke the very thing they said on discord was okay to use. Of course they did.

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#5 » Sat May 29, 2021 9:47 pm

Stahn123 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 8:23 pm So they basically broke the very thing they said on discord was okay to use. Of course they did.
As far as I know, the changes done will affect any similar-working addon and the respective addon's developer needs to update it and get it working again. Maybe things will be clearer soon, there are still ongoing internal discussions regarding such addons and their functionalities in relation to the game.

The RoR devs are not responsible for third party addons' maintenance, just like any other MMO.

Topdude

Post#6 » Sat May 29, 2021 10:04 pm

GamesBond wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:47 pm
As far as I know, the changes done will affect any similar-working addon and the respective addon's developer needs to update it and get it working again. Maybe things will be clearer soon, there are still ongoing internal discussions regarding such addons and their functionalities in relation to the game.

The RoR devs are not responsible for third party addons' maintenance, just like any other MMO.
So what's actually, if unintentionally, been done is to disable any way to sequence attacks to one key. This has made it virtually impossible for anyone with missing digits to play with a rotation of more than 3 or 4 attacks. I myself, NOT an ELITE and DON'T rule the zone with kills have many keys that I use to trigger single attacks, even when NB worked. I just want something to sequence a few attacks with and could care less about "conditions" and such, I never set them in NB anyway.

I hate to say it, but after 6 years in ROR and more if you include playing on Dyox's rendition, I may be done. When EA/Mythic looked at limiting NB they stopped after realizing how it would affect handicapped players, guess that's the difference between a dev team that has a pay to play clientele and a dev team that tells you to be happy we're here.

tvbrowntown
Suspended

Post#7 » Sun May 30, 2021 12:12 am

Assuming my observations are right the devs have made it so you cant change a hotkey's spell during GCD. If this is the case NerfedButtons needs to be re-written so that instead of changing the spell in the hotkey it needs to assign all spells to individual hotkeys and then change the keybind to the appropriate hotkey number. You'd need to make this condition check work through OnUpdate so it's gonna be hungry for CPU and you'd need a way to show this on a hotbar somehow - probably with a macro button that acts as a proxy and has its icon update depending on the conditions.

eg Spell 1 = Hotkey 1 (conditional1 - Behind)
Spell 2 = Hotkey 2 (conditional2 - 30% HP)
Spell 3 = Hotkey 3 (spammable)

You'd need to make it sequence so when you press E if the condition of being behind is met (always checked during OnUpdate calls) then it will assign E key to Hotkey 1, if 30% HP is met then it will assign E to Hotkey 2, if none are met then it will set E to Hotkey 3. This check would be constantly running in the background.

I think I read that there are 132 hotkey buttons? That's enough space for all your spells and some items for sure.

Where there is a will, there is a way.

GH0ST

Post#8 » Sun May 30, 2021 12:46 am

tvbrowntown wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 12:12 am Assuming my observations are right the devs have made it so you cant change a hotkey's spell during GCD. If this is the case NerfedButtons needs to be re-written so that instead of changing the spell in the hotkey it needs to assign all spells to individual hotkeys and then change the keybind to the appropriate hotkey number. You'd need to make this condition check work through OnUpdate so it's gonna be hungry for CPU and you'd need a way to show this on a hotbar somehow - probably with a macro button that acts as a proxy and has its icon update depending on the conditions.

You'd need to make it sequence so when you press E if the condition of being behind is met (always checked during OnUpdate calls) then it will assign E key to Hotkey 1, if 30% HP is met then it will assign E to Hotkey 2, if none are met then it will set E to Hotkey 3. This check would be constantly running in the background.

I think I read that there are 132 hotkey buttons? That's enough space for all your spells and some items for sure.

Nerfed Buttons has been blocked by the devs on purpose. It is not like a patch accidentally broke it. Trying to circumvent this block seems like a surefire way to get your account banned. Just learn to play without this unfair addon that should never have existed in the first place, instead of looking for ways to get blocked software running again.

Ads
tvbrowntown
Suspended

Post#9 » Sun May 30, 2021 1:03 am

GH0ST wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 12:46 am
tvbrowntown wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 12:12 am Assuming my observations are right the devs have made it so you cant change a hotkey's spell during GCD. If this is the case NerfedButtons needs to be re-written so that instead of changing the spell in the hotkey it needs to assign all spells to individual hotkeys and then change the keybind to the appropriate hotkey number. You'd need to make this condition check work through OnUpdate so it's gonna be hungry for CPU and you'd need a way to show this on a hotbar somehow - probably with a macro button that acts as a proxy and has its icon update depending on the conditions.

Nerfed Buttons has been blocked by the devs on purpose. It is not like a patch accidentally broke it. Trying to circumvent this block seems like a surefire way to get your account banned. Just learn to play without this unfair addon that should never have existed in the first place, instead of looking for ways to get blocked software running again.
LOL! NerfedButtons already working again anyway by adding 3 lines of code so I don't even need to bother making this :'( If it can be done in the API then it can be coded and made.

sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#10 » Sun May 30, 2021 2:25 pm

Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza