New sequencer

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Gyurza83

Re: New sequencer

Post#21 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:08 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:45 pm It's hard to figure out what needed to be disabled to fully break NB before they could work on the new addon, and people were going to workaround any breaks which would need to be patched up as well. So break first fix later was the only real option. That's my guess anyway.
Sorry, but this is not the best approach. Earlier in the messages wrote that "we finally found a way to block NB", I thought that this means that we figured out how the server api interacts with NB. It follows from this that similar actions in the new addon could be tracked. Otherwise, the claim will be canceled. But still, I think that before such actions that affect such a mass of players, maybe this issue should have been more carefully worked out? This significantly reduced stress after disabling NB.

Ads
Gyurza83

Post#22 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:15 pm

I understand that you do not have a test server to test these changes. But you can understand me too, I really do not like it when the changes are not worked out. When risks are not considered and there is no second plan for sweetening the bitter pill. And the addon that was created in a hurry does not look like a second plan. More like a bone thrown to a dog. I believe that this spoiled the experience even more.

Gyurza83

Post#23 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:27 pm

I believe that sequencer in this game will never work. In other games, there are not so many abilities that require so many conditions. This is due to the initial skill settings. Therefore, there are only 2 outputs, either to sew checks (this will be a non-neglected NB), or to change the skills that require checks, but this will be a different game.

Vri

Post#24 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:12 pm

Sulorie wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:29 am
Vri wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:24 am Its loaded and in green but is not showing up on my UI. I do not run or have any other addon on like it downloaded. Does it have a few commands ?
Turn off NB and other sequencer and then right-click your ability bar.
I do not have NB or other addons like it downloaded or running. The addon will simply not show up. I said this in my 1st pot.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#25 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:43 am

Gyurza83 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:30 pm
saupreusse wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:52 am
You know you quite sound like a **** when sulle probably wrote the first version of this addon within a few days so we could have an alternative for nb...
We all should show some more gratitude and report the bugs of the addon so sulle can fix them eventually... :'(
Do you know what the worst thing could happen? If FIRST created a full-fledged working add-on, and THEN turned off the NB. Can you imagine how awful it would be?
How would he create an alternative before nb got broken? Last time i checked sulle couldnt foretell the future.

Gyurza83

Post#26 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:54 am

saupreusse wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:43 am How would he create an alternative before nb got broken? Last time i checked sulle couldnt foretell the future.
Simply. You are doing a sequester without conditional checks. You test that it works. Disable NB.

zarlemagne

Post#27 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:26 am

Gyurza83 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:54 am
saupreusse wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:43 am How would he create an alternative before nb got broken? Last time i checked sulle couldnt foretell the future.
Simply. You are doing a sequester without conditional checks. You test that it works. Disable NB.
There was one called CastSequence, but it got broken by the blocking of NB

saupreusse
Developer

Post#28 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:41 am

Gyurza83 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:54 am
thats not what i meant. how would he know beforehand that NB was going to be broken?

Ads
Akalukz

Post#29 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:27 pm

Vri wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:12 pm
Sulorie wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:29 am
Vri wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:24 am Its loaded and in green but is not showing up on my UI. I do not run or have any other addon on like it downloaded. Does it have a few commands ?
Turn off NB and other sequencer and then right-click your ability bar.
I do not have NB or other addons like it downloaded or running. The addon will simply not show up. I said this in my 1st pot.
right click on a skill on your hotbar should bring up the UI for it.
-= Agony =-

mogt

Post#30 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:38 pm

the sequencer work fine, without problems, you must put your skills in the right direction and you must look at the cooldowns.