Recent Topics

Ads

[FEEDBACK] Sequencer Addon.

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
nonfactor

Re: [FEEDBACK] Sequencer Addon.

Post#51 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:44 pm

Kaelang wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:41 pm Realistically this is either keybinding your abilities and using a rotation - which is what 99% of players do. And/or creating your own Sequencer, which is something that we've released to alleviate the effort it would take to do so on your part.

So, in short, nothing stops you from doing this.
Lets say I make a macro which uses shatter and then another skill 50ms later - that means that shatter will be always used whenever available and otherwise it will just use something else. This is not possible with a sequencer because it will get stuck on shatter until it becomes available to use.

Ads
Kaelang

Post#52 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:45 pm

nonfactor wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:44 pm
Kaelang wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:41 pm Realistically this is either keybinding your abilities and using a rotation - which is what 99% of players do. And/or creating your own Sequencer, which is something that we've released to alleviate the effort it would take to do so on your part.

Lets say I make a macro which uses shatter and then another skill 50ms later - that means that shatter will be always used whenever available and otherwise it will just use something else. This is not possible with a sequencer because it will get stuck on the first skill.
The issue here lies with the Sequencer being stuck on the first skill - which sounds like a valid issue report. The Sequencer addon isn't meant to get stuck unless there's skills crammed into the sequence that require conditions, in which case the addon isn't built to verify conditions are met.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Spellbound

Post#53 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:49 pm

What gets old is players that haven't used any Sequence/NB add-ons say "Learn to press buttons". This thread is not for you, stay out.

It's for feedback on issues and improvements. Those players that used NB/Cast Sequence, might give an opinion or recommendation that know more than you about it and it's not a place to troll. Keep in mind many guilds lost 5+ players after the NB change and they're here to stabilize this Sequence to find an even ground to get players back.

Most went to play older games or MMO's like ESO that only require 6 buttons (5 abilities per hotbar, 2 hotbars total that you swap between w/ a 6th button). Pretending the community doesn't have 40+ year old players in this old game, some slow reflexes, disabilities or easier games as a choice to play is ignorant to troll post on your own small community.

If you have something to contribute to the Sequence, add to it, but don't reply to someone and say learn to press buttons.

nonfactor

Post#54 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:53 pm

Kaelang wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:45 pm The issue here lies with the Sequencer being stuck on the first skill - which sounds like a valid issue report. The Sequencer addon isn't meant to get stuck unless there's skills crammed into the sequence that require conditions, in which case the addon isn't built to verify conditions are met.
but to use shatter enemy has to have a buff to shatter so essentially you are creating a condition through use of third party software. this is why sequencer should not get stuck on abilities that require conditions because we can just use macros for it. put armor debuff on 1, put shatter on 2, make macro that presses 2 then presses 1 50ms later. this will shatter whenever possible and if its not it will just armour debuff.

Kaelang

Post#55 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:05 pm

nonfactor wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:53 pm
Kaelang wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:45 pm The issue here lies with the Sequencer being stuck on the first skill - which sounds like a valid issue report. The Sequencer addon isn't meant to get stuck unless there's skills crammed into the sequence that require conditions, in which case the addon isn't built to verify conditions are met.
but to use shatter enemy has to have a buff to shatter so essentially you are creating a condition through use of third party software. this is why sequencer should not get stuck on abilities that require conditions because we can just use macros for it. put armor debuff on 1, put shatter on 2, make macro that presses 2 then presses 1 50ms later. this will shatter whenever possible and if its not it will just armour debuff.
So, in terms of the Shatter ability I was unaware it had a condition check.

What you're essentially asking for is a means to identify when Shatter matches a specific condition and then utilises it within your rotation.

Your rotation should be base abilities and when you identify a Shatter would work, you use a separate hotkey to trigger the ability to meet the condition requirements.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

abazaba

Post#56 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:15 pm

Kaelang wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:45 pm

Lets say I make a macro which uses shatter and then another skill 50ms later - that means that shatter will be always used whenever available and otherwise it will just use something else. This is not possible with a sequencer because it will get stuck on the first skill.
The issue here lies with the Sequencer being stuck on the first skill - which sounds like a valid issue report. The Sequencer addon isn't meant to get stuck unless there's skills crammed into the sequence that require conditions, in which case the addon isn't built to verify conditions are met.
I was under the impression using automation was against the server rules, "Don't automate your gameplay by any means (macros, bots, gaming mice, etc.)", to the extent a gaming mouse or 3rd party program could do. Is there official word on using a 3rd party sequencer, or is it that there's no repercussions for using one?

The sequencer addon is welcomed of course, but is limited in comparison to outside sequencing.

nonfactor

Post#57 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:22 pm

abazaba wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:15 pm I was under the impression using automation was against the server rules, "Don't automate your gameplay by any means (macros, bots, gaming mice, etc.)", to the extent a gaming mouse or 3rd party program could do. Is there official word on using a 3rd party sequencer, or is it that there's no repercussions for using one?

The sequencer addon is welcomed of course, but is limited in comparison to outside sequencing.
Exactly, the sequencer cant do basic things which are doable with macros.

Phantasm

Post#58 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:29 pm

Spoiler:
abazaba wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:15 pm
I was under the impression using automation was against the server rules, "Don't automate your gameplay by any means (macros, bots, gaming mice, etc.)", to the extent a gaming mouse or 3rd party program could do. Is there official word on using a 3rd party sequencer, or is it that there's no repercussions for using one?

I`m totally sure that ruling sentence was made to make it clear for situations when some players create afk bots with software like autohotkey to generate pressing buttons "for you" while you watching TV or playing with your kids/wife :) What misunderstood is a change addons or hardware like mouse or fancy keyboard do to which skills are pressed - twister addon, sequencer, NB etc. You still need to press buttons on your own. But the decision what are skills used on your skillbars via added conditionals, example - choice between Fervor and Torment must be made by you, not software/hardware.

Ads
nonfactor

Post#59 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:09 pm

Phantasm wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:29 pm I`m totally sure that ruling sentence was made to make it clear for situations when some players create afk bots with software like autohotkey to generate pressing buttons "for you" while you watching TV or playing with your kids/wife :) What misunderstood is a change addons or hardware like mouse or fancy keyboard do to which skills are pressed - twister addon, sequencer, NB etc. You still need to press buttons on your own. But the decision what are skills used on your skillbars via added conditionals, example - choice between Fervor and Torment must be made by you, not software/hardware.
We are not talking about choosing whether you want to use Fervor or Tormetn but using abilities which require a condition (from example Pistol Whip which HAS to be used from behind or shatter which has to have a buff to shatter). As of right now your sequencer will get "stuck" if you put those conditionals skills at the beginning of your sequence but you can for example shatter whenever possible by using 3rd party macros:
put your normal attack ability on 1, put shatter on 2, make macro that presses 2 then presses 1 50ms later. this will shatter whenever possible and if its not it will just attack.
This allows you to shatter whenever possible or attack whenever its on cooldown or the enemy doesnt have any buffs.

Thus, such conditional sequencing should be allowed in the official sequencer to save everyone a hassle from making macros. The addon is extremely clunky to use and you have to use macros to make it work at least party in a way that NB did while some people are still using work around versions of NB. I have no idea why they are wasting so much manpower for something that was not an issue to begin with.
Last edited by nonfactor on Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

abazaba

Post#60 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:15 pm

Phantasm wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:29 pm
Spoiler:
abazaba wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:15 pm

I`m totally sure that ruling sentence was made to make it clear for situations when some players create afk bots with software like autohotkey to generate pressing buttons "for you" while you watching TV or playing with your kids/wife :) What misunderstood is a change addons or hardware like mouse or fancy keyboard do to which skills are pressed - twister addon, sequencer, NB etc. You still need to press buttons on your own. But the decision what are skills used on your skillbars via added conditionals, example - choice between Fervor and Torment must be made by you, not software/hardware.
I see, and that does make sense, but it would be nice to have official word on the matter.

What then is the cutoff for automation or sequencing? A macro key pressing 123 in on toggle? 123 on keydown? Each keypress, 1 then 2 then 3?

These examples also enable a pseudo conditional that doesn't align with the sequencer addon's functionality; check if usable, do in order available. (like putting positional before normal attack)

So I guess my question is whether they want to align the sequencer addon's functionality with 3rd party sequencer or the current iteration is as far as it goes? If so limited, and things like autohotkey / macro keyboards so readily available, then the ones using these have access to small semi conditionals others don't.