Recent Topics

Ads

[FEEDBACK] Sequencer Addon.

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Phantasm

Re: [FEEDBACK] Sequencer Addon.

Post#21 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:19 am

Obvious next step to improve that addon is to make sequence to skip skills which cant be actively pressed anyway without met conditions built-in to a skill, for example Lion`s Fury (no curse on target skill cant be used). I`m suprised ppl still whine that its not NB. It never will be.
Last edited by Phantasm on Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
mynban

Post#22 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:29 am

Two things that totally make it useless (and when I say totally, I mean literally useless)

1. It doesn't skip skills on CD. Button simply gets stuck at that skill. This is horrible for a sequencer.

2. If skill can not be performed due to requiring some resource/condition, it gets stuck. That means if you run out of AP/class mechanic/not meet positional requirement, sequencer gets stuck.

This addon makes it extremely clear devs absolutely have no idea what people expect from a sequencer. Basic idea behind NB was that; 'if you can use this skill do so, if you cant, then use the next one' Literally that simple!

In its current state I am better off not using this at all in most cases, unless I am on rDPS just spamming from 100yrd. For melee this provides nothing at all, since it will keep getting stuck. And the sad part is melee are the ones that are in desperate need of better controls.

Ishmahel

Post#23 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:33 am

I think you guys misunderstood the point of this addon. Is a "sequencer" so it cast one thing after onether one. No conditional check is made and this is CLEARLY whate they want, and what they implemented. If you don't get this the one who is not understanding are you, not devs.

If you have to have any check prior to use a skill do it manually and learn how to skill properly.
Kronas - DOK 40/70
Ishmahel - CHOSEN 40/65

b00n

Post#24 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:41 am

Thank you for the replacement:

What i would love to see been added:
- Sequence is saved/restored with the mastery switcher on career/renown trainer.

Thanks,
Destro: Chosen 85+, Zealot 80+, Sorceress 80+, Dok 80+, BG 80+, Magus 80+, Choppa 80+, WitchElf 80+
Order: SM 64, Warrior Priest 47, AM, BrightWizard, ShadowWarrior, Kotbs

Zizzelfizz

Post#25 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:48 am

I hope it will help handicapped players. Everyone else who needs something like that and whines all over the forums, try using several fingers at the same time, or is that too difficult?

Gyurza83

Post#26 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:01 am

mynban wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:29 am Two things that totally make it useless (and when I say totally, I mean literally useless)

1. It doesn't skip skills on CD. Button simply gets stuck at that skill. This is horrible for a sequencer.

2. If skill can not be performed due to requiring some resource/condition, it gets stuck. That means if you run out of AP/class mechanic/not meet positional requirement, sequencer gets stuck.

This addon makes it extremely clear devs absolutely have no idea what people expect from a sequencer. Basic idea behind NB was that; 'if you can use this skill do so, if you cant, then use the next one' Literally that simple!

In its current state I am better off not using this at all in most cases, unless I am on rDPS just spamming from 100yrd. For melee this provides nothing at all, since it will keep getting stuck. And the sad part is melee are the ones that are in desperate need of better controls.
A completely useless thing. As I expected. It will get stuck without checking. And with the check - it's the same NB (truncated).

normanis

Post#27 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:02 am

was testing it and i think its good. nb was too powerfull with alll those potion adding on certain situations. nb was not just spam 111222. byt also auto drink pots, auto position checker like torment and spinecrusher.
when u look nb guide = overpowered.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

normanis

Post#28 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:06 am

p.s about nb - nb check your enemy position and automatacly find best button to spam (immunity checker , snare checker. stat checker and maby more)
byt sequence mean addon will use abilities what u puted in row. he will not check best abilitie for situation ( finisher, spinecrusher)
so nb is not sequencer. its complitly diferent addon
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Ads
mynban

Post#29 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:18 am

normanis wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:06 am p.s about nb - nb check your enemy position and automatacly find best button to spam (immunity checker , snare checker. stat checker and maby more)
byt sequence mean addon will use abilities what u puted in row. he will not check best abilitie for situation ( finisher, spinecrusher)
so nb is not sequencer. its complitly diferent addon
Did you even try the addon? It gets stuck the moment it hits a skill that cant be used for being on CD or for not having resources. That sequence simply stops working.
Noone so far asked for checking positional requirements or immunities, all we want from it is to actually keep working, and not getting stuck.
Ishmahel wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:33 am I think you guys misunderstood the point of this addon. Is a "sequencer" so it cast one thing after onether one. No conditional check is made and this is CLEARLY whate they want, and what they implemented. If you don't get this the one who is not understanding are you, not devs.

If you have to have any check prior to use a skill do it manually and learn how to skill properly.
Are you really going to pretend people are not already using gaming keyboards/mouses with inbuilt macros, that are set to input several skills with 0 input delay so it uses the one it can in that order?
I am not even going into people putting those between 1.15 delay automatic rotations on those software.

People with expensive peripherals and cracked NB are already in the game. If this sequencer is to provide an accessible option to people, it needs to embody the function of 'if you can use this skill do so, if you cant, then use the next one'. As long as it doesn't do that, accessibility gap created in the absence of NB will stay there.

I guess I was expecting NB haters to come and endorse this without even trying it just for support.

Sulorie

Post#30 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:22 am

When a sequencer gets stuck on 1st skill in chain, because it has a cooldown, like actually most skills, then it is helping nobody. ;(
Dying is no option.