Recent Topics

Ads

[FEEDBACK] Sequencer Addon.

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Khrum

Re: [FEEDBACK] Sequencer Addon.

Post#91 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:26 am

Real good addon thank you for developing it.
I was user of NB before (as sequencer without condition checks) and only can wish for :

1 If sequence is build with skills: with CD and 2nd without CD can addon stay on spamable cast until CD of other skill reset?

2 can we add virtual cooldown to skills without CD? For example IB have toons of instant skills which need to be repeated every 20s or so and without virtual CD not much improving in keybinds here?

Thanks again
* Khruumm - IB * Rhunor - RP * Khrumka - BW * Voltimor - Sorcerer * Tecet - Zealot * Raid leader of Duraz Tarag. Member of 7th Legion Guild.

Ads
abazaba

Post#92 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:45 am

mynban wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:48 am I dont understand the logic here, it almost feels like making things intentionally inconvenient when it comes to accessibility?
Not inaccessible, just as inconvenient as possible.
I believe the intention was to release a very safe version first so they don't have another NB on their hands right away.

The problem is that the sequencer addon doesn't have parity with any other basic sequencer, or even with manually pressing multiple buttons quickly. If cast sequencers are the way forward, then it would follow that the sanctioned addon would be at a minimum on par with what a simple macro/autohotkey sequence does. This would level the playing field with the people who use those 3rd party tools to do natural conditional checks, (e.g. try positional then normal ability quickly). It may seem like a small difference, but it allows everyone to have the same tools to begin with.

I would suggest an option for the sequencer to step forward one position in sequence when the corresponding button is pressed, ability executing or ability failing to execute.
It seems like the most fair way to step through the sequence since each ability is still pressed 1 to 1 and has the same logic as 3rd party sequencers.

Nadril21

Post#93 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:57 am

xyeppp wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:00 pm
Mordd wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:31 pm This whole situation is just dumb. Drive off a large portion of the population over removing an add on that was in game since right after launch. Then waste time making a server side sequencer that is so limited a standard autohotkey macro is a far better option.

This sequencer as it is, is completely useless. Its a wastes of time to try and setup to use and a waste of time to program and put all of these stupid restrictions on.

Then you also have many people saying there is a secret working version of NB. I have no idea if its true. So many people in the game are mad and feel they are at a disadvantage now caused by Daylen. If everyone has access to an add on and people choose to not use it, thats up to them. But if only some players have access to it, there is an imbalance now. This may only be perceived and the add on may not actually work, but we will lose more players to people thinking some have it and they cant get it.
+1
Overall it's just a weird situation of fixing a non-existent problem that has been unnecessarily created at somebody's will for no reason, but I digress.
In a game where there is no shortage of bugs/tuning, but there is limited time for the people committed to fixing it all, this whole situation is comical and a gigantic waste of time.
Nadril the Witchunter YouTube
Nadrill the Wizard
Grumbler the Ironbreaker
Fancyfeet the Shadow Warrior

ravezaar

Post#94 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:08 pm

As long as the position-checks are gone iam fine by ppl using sequencer, dosent bother me as its still dont break GCD. Position-checks was ofc a cheat, we all know that some just dont admit it as such
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

Earthcake

Post#95 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:34 pm

ravezaar wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:08 pm As long as the position-checks are gone iam fine by ppl using sequencer, dosent bother me as its still dont break GCD. Position-checks was ofc a cheat, we all know that some just dont admit it as such
Position-checks may be labelled as a cheat.

But anyone with a keyboard can emulate it by rolling their finger on 2 keys (and I'm not even talking about any keyboard/mouse macro or anything fancy here, you literally only need ONE FINGER to do it).

So really, was such a crusade necessary ?
Cause if you want to avoid position-checks, you have to ban everyone with one or more finger.

abazaba

Post#96 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:42 pm

Earthcake wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:34 pm
ravezaar wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:08 pm As long as the position-checks are gone iam fine by ppl using sequencer, dosent bother me as its still dont break GCD. Position-checks was ofc a cheat, we all know that some just dont admit it as such
Position-checks may be labelled as a cheat.

But anyone with a keyboard can emulate it by rolling their finger on 2 keys (and I'm not even talking about any keyboard/mouse macro or anything fancy here, you literally only need ONE FINGER to do it).

So really, was such a crusade necessary ?
Cause if you want to avoid position-checks, you have to ban everyone with one or more finger.
I might be wrong but I think they're referring to doing ANY ability based on a positional check, as in NB conditional positional. That can't be replicated in a sequencer. Rolling one finger on two keys has never been labelled as a cheat in order to try a positional ability first.

ChicagoJoe

Post#97 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:13 pm

Mix thoughts here.

This is a nice attempt but it is buggy. I agree with others that this may become a misallocation and ultimate waste of someone's valuable skills and time. People want it to be a NB lite.

It also seems like the problem (NB) which was available to all (seriously) with conditional checks is overblown.

Again NB was easy to set up and was available to all and really encouraged people to try other classes. Also, NB or its equivalent through gear or macros, is now underground.

Even if this eventually completely works people will have conditionals in underground untraceable NB situations or macro/mouse equivalents.

I don't really understand how creating this some how solves the problem. I think the ultimate solution will be to allow NB again and encourage those who complain about it to use it - they will see that it is more a QOL addon and equalizer than a cheat addon, as it is currently branded.

If you really think NB is cheating then everyone who sets up macros or fully uses gaming mice are cheating.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

abazaba

Post#98 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:35 pm

ChicagoJoe wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:13 pm If you really think NB is cheating then everyone who sets up macros or fully uses gaming mice are cheating.
I think that is the point though. Conditionals are where they draw the line, not mindless ability spamming.
They can do something about NB, which does perform better than macros / gaming mice in the sense of conditional checks. They can not or will not do anything about macros or gaming hardware, which are effectively a brute force method to a QoL request. With NB gone, macros/hardware are the baseline for QoL, permitting they are within the server rules. The sequencer addon mimics these tools but to a lesser extent.

Ads
Lawmay

Post#99 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:17 pm

Tried out the new sequencer...not a fan to be honest. I appreciate the attempt. But as others have said. If it doesn't skip skills on CD, its useless. Didn't really help in the slightest with consolidating buttons. I thank the devs for atleast attempting some sort of middle ground compromise. But this addon is not it.

Mordd

Post#100 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:20 pm

A simple sequencer would just press all of the keys in order. They have added conditional checks to the system of their own just to make it more difficult.

He has added conditions to the system because he doesnt want conditions.

WHAT!?!?!?!?!