Recent Topics

Ads

[FEEDBACK] Sequencer Addon.

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Kpi

Re: [FEEDBACK] Sequencer Addon.

Post#31 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:40 am

Maybe it must skip the skill when it is in CD and/or add more slots for skills in sequence
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Ads
emiliorv
Suspended

Post#32 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:08 am

Phantasm wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:19 am Obvious next step to improve that addon is to make sequence to skip skills which cant be actively pressed anyway without met conditions built-in to a skill
Thats a conditional check
Skip abilities in Cooldown are conditional checks

In both cases addon will make the decision instead player => a player can keep pressing the button of an ability that is in CD or cant be used in that moment => addons cant make the decision to skip that.

Spellbound

Post#33 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:15 am

Few things posted here I gave the same feedback on pre-release:

1. Grayed out abilities should be skipped and moved onto the next. It’s no different than someone setting up a keyboard software to spam 1-5 which would skip Spine Crusher if not behind them and use the next ability. It’s the way the client works. This addon gets stuck on Spine Crusher (rear style) if used in a non-rear position.

If simple keyboard/mouse/macro software out there already does this which the addon can’t, why stop using those software which perform better?

You won’t hurt anything to enable it server side to allow it to skip abilities not able to be used yet. The addon would actually work near perfect other than the lack of resources gets it stuck from what I hear.

We’re just trying to improve QOL. I’m glad NB is gone that had too many advanced conditional features which this sequence wouldn’t have if you just allow it to skip abilities that are grayed out and work like other software players are using but they can simply just use sequencer.

There’s a difference between conditional and advancing to next sequence if an ability is not ready. Conditional is when it’ll check your buffs, enemy buffs, health percentage etc before using an ability. Shatter and positionals by default in the client are grayed out to help the player out and skips the button press if you spam multiple buttons. I see no harm in enabling that.
Last edited by Spellbound on Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

zarlemagne

Post#34 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:18 am

emiliorv wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:08 am
Phantasm wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:19 am Obvious next step to improve that addon is to make sequence to skip skills which cant be actively pressed anyway without met conditions built-in to a skill

In both cases addon will make the decision instead player => a player can keep pressing the button of an ability that is in CD or cant be used in that moment => addons cant make the decision to skip that.
By that definition - any mouse/keyboard software (which have macros) should be banned as they can be used to make sequences that skip abilities on CD.
But Warg and various GM's have said it's ok to use them.

Personnally I would prefer to use a working simple sequencer that skips Abilities that are on CD etc

Omegus

Post#35 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:20 am

tvbrowntown wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:55 amI see. I'd prefer to have a less stupid Sequencer at least. If your spell is on CD you're stuck there until you can use it to progress through the sequence with this sequencer, right? Pretty annoying for sequencing conditional spells too since most the time they're not up (When behind enemy, on block, etc.)
I agree with you regarding skipping abilities on cooldown, especially a game that has cooldown-modification effects (buffs and debuffs) which can easily break sequences. If CD-altering effects didn't exist then I would be against the Sequencer from checking CDs.

The other checks like on block, behind enemy, etc, are precisely the kind of things that shouldn't be checked for and part of the reason why NB is now gone. Those are reactive abilities that you are supposed to use when appropriate (especially the behind enemy checks).

edit: I also agree with Spellbound's point (first time for everything!) about Spine Crusher which only works from behind, rather than abilities that work at all sides but have an extra effect if used from behind. Perhaps Spine Crusher should be changed to work like Torment so it does "normal" damage from front/sides, and extra damage from behind?
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Kpi

Post#36 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:34 am

pagimanRalla10 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:00 am Just badly thought out addon. The main thing is to quickly program something without testing it beforehand. Like most of this has been patched in the last few months.

I don't want to appear ungrateful and for a long time I was glad that you keep this game alive. However, the zenith of this game has long been passed and with your changes or nerves or blocking addons you have given the game the rest.
Nowadays there is hardly an MMO with so many skills; Buffs, debuffs, guard switching, assistants, taunten, detuning etc etc etc is played ... All these years we were glad that such an addon like NB had existed. So this game with its thousands of mistakes was still bearable. The fighting system is out of the question is the best thing I know but the implementation of everything and the bad skill system that seems playable without NB but is actually not fun, you have to concentrate on too much like Stuck, Slow Slow Slow Stuck stacker knockdown knock back etc. etc. that the fun of the game falls by the wayside.

In the sense of your blaze
+1
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#37 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:36 am

zarlemagne wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:18 am
emiliorv wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:08 am

By that definition - any mouse/keyboard software (which have macros) should be banned as they can be used to make sequences that skip abilities on CD.
But Warg and various GM's have said it's ok to use them.

Personnally I would prefer to use a working simple sequencer that skips Abilities that are on CD etc
if any software/hardware is making decisions instead player => yes should be banned.

The action of pressing or not pressing the button of 1 ability on CD should be made by player, if 3rd tools are taking that decisions means automated gameplay and should be banned.

Skip abilities in CD is a conditional check...Devs have stated that they are against automating condicional checks:
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:00 pm
We have never really liked the idea of an addon automating conditional checks for players.

nonfactor

Post#38 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:43 am

Spellbound wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:15 am Few things posted here I gave the same feedback on pre-release:

1. Grayed out abilities should be skipped and moved onto the next. It’s no different than someone setting up a keyboard software to spam 1-5 which would skip Spine Crusher if not behind them and use the next ability. It’s the way the client works. This addon gets stuck on Spine Crusher (rear style) if used in a non-rear position.

If simple keyboard/mouse/macro software out there already does this which the addon can’t, why stop using those software which perform better?

You won’t hurt anything to enable it server side to allow it to skip abilities not able to be used yet. The addon would actually work near perfect other than the lack of resources gets it stuck from what I hear.

We’re just trying to improve QOL. I’m glad NB is gone that had too many advanced conditional features which this sequence wouldn’t have if you just allow it to skip abilities that are grayed out and work w other software players are using.

There’s a difference between conditional and advancing to next sequence if an ability is not ready. Conditional is when it’ll check your buffs, enemy buffs, health percentage etc before using an ability. Shatter and positionals by default in the client are grayed out to help the player out and skips the button press if you spam multiple buttons. I see no harm in enabling that.
You hit the nail on the head, I can do more with autohotkey than this sorry addon.

Ads
emiliorv
Suspended

Post#39 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:02 pm

Spellbound wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:15 am Few things posted here I gave the same feedback on pre-release:

We’re just trying to improve QOL. I’m glad NB is gone that had too many advanced conditional features which this sequence wouldn’t have if you just allow it to skip abilities that are grayed out and work like other software players are using but they can simply just use sequencer.

Skip skills that cant be used (whatever reasons) are conditional checks => Devs have said that dont want sofware taking that decisions instead players...why ppl keep claiming for automated gameplay? stop smashing 1 button expecting that one addon will select the correct action...

Sulorie

Post#40 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:14 pm

emiliorv wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:02 pm stop smashing 1 button expecting that one addon will select the correct action...
This is not what a sequencer is doing.
You have a pre-selected set of skills in a chain and you toggle them one after another. There is no check to judge whether the skill is appropriate for the situation.
Having a CD check is mandatory for a sequence or it never progresses. It doesn't "think" for the player, as the player thought beforehand, while creating the skill chain and it can't deviate from it at all.
Dying is no option.