Recent Topics

Ads

[FEEDBACK] Sequencer Addon.

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Kaelang

[FEEDBACK] Sequencer Addon.

Post#1 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:17 pm

I've opened this thread so that we can centralise any feedback / issues surrounding the newly released Sequencer addon.

Please note that at this time the UI is still a work in progress and there may be some issues with the functionality in general. Furthermore this addon was not brought in to completely replace NerfedButtons so to expect the exact same functionalities is going to lead to disappointment. Please also note that this thread is not here to serve as a place to discuss NerfedButtons and related replies (that do not relate to Sequencer) will be removed.

All this being said, please feel free to provide any feedback you have on the Addon.

You can download the Sequencer Addon here: https://tools.idrinth.de/addons/sequencer/
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Ads
gemgem

Re: [FEEDBACK] Sequencer Addon.

Post#2 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:34 pm

Only work on no cost need and no cooldown skill
if cost/cooldown need skill, They will stuck wait wait wait ...

tvbrowntown
Suspended

Post#3 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:34 pm

haven't used it yet but looked at the code very quickly, why is it tied to the server commands? .castsequence list, etc? wouldn't it be better to just store that info locally or in a saved variable? or am I wrong about what it's doing?

also, if all this effort went in to making it work, why not just restore NB?

EDIT: Just elaborating on the above question - what is to stop someone from adding conditional check functionality in to this sequencer addon? What's the point?

zarlemagne

Post#4 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:53 pm

Pute these in anothere thread, but will put them here too :D
The following are my current problems and suggestions after doing some limited tests on spare buttons:

1. Doesn't skip disabled abilities:
Test Sequence: Khaine's Vigor [KV] (instant, 10s CD) -> Khaine's Embrace [KE] (1s Cast, spamable)
With this simple Sequence you can't cast [KE] more than once because [KV] is on CD, so the only way to get it to work is to create a sequence similar to the following:
[KV] -> [KE] -> [KE] -> [KE] -> [KE] -> [KE] -> [KE] then use the reset after "time" option.

2. Can't seem to totally delete sequences from buttons when they are setup
Buttons randomly add abilities that were part of the sequence even after you remove everything.

3. Can't use it for Pots
Not a biggy, but i can use multiple pots on same button by using mouse/keyboqard software which is allowed from what I've read in other threads.

4. Not sure where the settings are kept, but I use a single Profile for all my Chars.
So to it work for all people it needs to use the "user\settings\GLOBAL" folder for saved settings.

Gargis

Post#5 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:55 pm

Is this addon required to get Plan B to work, or are they independent?

Omegus

Post#6 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:04 pm

tvbrowntown wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:34 pm haven't used it yet but looked at the code very quickly, why is it tied to the server commands? .castsequence list, etc? wouldn't it be better to just store that info locally or in a saved variable? or am I wrong about what it's doing?

EDIT: Just elaborating on the above question - what is to stop someone from adding conditional check functionality in to this sequencer addon? What's the point?
The server commands are used because the sequencer is controlled server side. If it was all run locally then whever was done to make it work could be used for NerfedButtons as well.

Kaelang is it possible to get the full details of the server command API? This would make it much easier for other people to develop their own UI for the server-side sequencer or integrate the functionality into other addons.

Edit: Also, I assume this is meant to be a dumb sequencer, so zero ability checks at all? Once one fires it moves on to the next one in the list, then the next, and so on. There's already posts about people trying to use it to prioritise abilities on cooldowns which I would assume is not part of the design plan for this feature? Checking for cooldown is a conditional check after all.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

tvbrowntown
Suspended

Post#7 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:55 am

Omegus wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:04 pm
tvbrowntown wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:34 pm haven't used it yet but looked at the code very quickly, why is it tied to the server commands? .castsequence list, etc? wouldn't it be better to just store that info locally or in a saved variable? or am I wrong about what it's doing?

The server commands are used because the sequencer is controlled server side. If it was all run locally then whever was done to make it work could be used for NerfedButtons as well.
I see. I'd prefer to have a less stupid Sequencer at least. If your spell is on CD you're stuck there until you can use it to progress through the sequence with this sequencer, right? Pretty annoying for sequencing conditional spells too since most the time they're not up (When behind enemy, on block, etc.)

Rydiak

Post#8 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:23 am

tvbrowntown wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:55 am
Omegus wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:04 pm

I see. I'd prefer to have a less stupid Sequencer at least. If your spell is on CD you're stuck there until you can use it to progress through the sequence with this sequencer, right? Pretty annoying for sequencing conditional spells too since most the time they're not up (When behind enemy, on block, etc.)
Just like how the sequencer in WoW behaves.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Ads
deathy

Post#9 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:51 am

I logged in and gave it a try, very terrible addon. Just re-enable nb.

geezereur

Post#10 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:53 am

zarlemagne wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:53 pm Pute these in anothere thread, but will put them here too :D
The following are my current problems and suggestions after doing some limited tests on spare buttons:

1. Doesn't skip disabled abilities:
Test Sequence: Khaine's Vigor [KV] (instant, 10s CD) -> Khaine's Embrace [KE] (1s Cast, spamable)
With this simple Sequence you can't cast [KE] more than once because [KV] is on CD, so the only way to get it to work is to create a sequence similar to the following:
[KV] -> [KE] -> [KE] -> [KE] -> [KE] -> [KE] -> [KE] then use the reset after "time" option.

If that dont work then what is this useful for?