Sequencer Addon - Features Needed

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
eldriyth

Sequencer Addon - Features Needed

Post#1 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:49 pm

First, I would like to start off by saying I used and loved Nerfed Buttons and I miss it, but I can also see why it was frowned upon with some of its conditional checks taking the human out of the game. With that said, I feel Sequencer is a good addon to help limit key presses, but it is missing a few features that wow has in their macros. Features that are not considered cheating.

FEATURES CURRENTLY AVAILABLE
• Reset with timer.
• Reset with new target.
• Reset after combat ends.
• Skip Abilities on Cooldown. (Newly added)

FEATURES NEEDED

• Channeled skills can finish and are not interrupted by pressing the key again identical to [nochanneling] in WoW.
• If the spell is interrupted/disrupted it will be recast until it lands on the target instead of moving to the next sequence.
• Targeting conditionals like @player, @ally, @enemy, @pet, you could simply add a skill bar for each one to make it easy. Used for skill variance per key press or targeted aoe spells.
• Stop loop. This feature if checked would stop the macro from working completely when it reaches the end of any of the target conditional bars. Clicking the key again does nothing to prevent the timer from working. It will always reset based on your timer or reset options but always ignores key presses.
• Potions/clicky items/Morale skills.

Last edited by eldriyth on Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:42 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Re: Sequencer Addon needed features while staying fair.

Post#2 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:57 pm

Yeah that would be nice.

eldriyth

Re: Sequencer Addon needed features while staying fair.

Post#3 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:24 am

I posted this on the Idrinth's Tools comment section as well. I also added stop loop which is much needed to prevent accidental key presses and help with timing dots or whatever. There are great uses for that feature if you're creative.

Kpi

Re: Sequencer Addon - Features Needed

Post#4 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:20 am

And dont forget add potions, pls!
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

MadRock

Post#5 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:39 pm

sounds like good improvements without it being too unfair. I would be happy if it is implemented.

Morradin

Post#6 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:06 pm

But it will still be lagy wouldn't it? Would it lag more with these additions?

eldriyth

Post#7 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:44 pm

Added to the top list of needed features: Potions/clicky items/Morale skills.

mynban

Post#8 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:30 am

For me sequencer is still problematic because it lags like crazy at times, and it doesn't skip skills on CD always. I keep finding myself with my button displaying a skill on CD where I have to wait its CD out, even though there is a skill in chain with no CD.

Another thing that bugs me is that the stubbornness around, greyout skills and skill with resource requirements that is not met, not getting skipped. My mouse is testing those skills for me and casting them first already, what is the point of not making it convenient and putting the bloody feature in the sequencer??

My engi main friends even have mouse macros that test shorter range skills before 65ft ones than 100ft ones. Current state of sequencer with lack of tools is simply devs stubbornness on not allowing things that are already used by some.

Ads
eldriyth

Post#9 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:07 am

mynban wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:30 am For me sequencer is still problematic because it lags like crazy at times, and it doesn't skip skills on CD always. I keep finding myself with my button displaying a skill on CD where I have to wait its CD out, even though there is a skill in chain with no CD.

Another thing that bugs me is that the stubbornness around, greyout skills and skill with resource requirements that is not met, not getting skipped. My mouse is testing those skills for me and casting them first already, what is the point of not making it convenient and putting the bloody feature in the sequencer??

My engi main friends even have mouse macros that test shorter range skills before 65ft ones than 100ft ones. Current state of sequencer with lack of tools is simply devs stubbornness on not allowing things that are already used by some.
I personally haven't experienced the lag issues you reported, but I do believe you when you say they exist. Hopefully something can be done about it. I am hoping we can get a response from the developer soon to see how he likes these ideas and if they can be implemented.

eldriyth

Post#10 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:42 pm

I'll be professional and polite on my posts towards the staff going forward. I do feel in my older posts I was too hard on you guys. A lot of that is because I am passionate about this project. Trust me, I wouldn't even post if I didn't give a damn about it. Look, I get you guys are set in your ways to some degree and are more old-school in your mmorpg mindset. Hell, I played Everquest when it first came out back in the day so I know how HARDCORE goes. However, when WoW came out I adapted and heavily enjoyed the changes they made to make the game better for all player types. It was a breath of fresh air to not have to sit there for almost 30 minutes regenerating mana. I don't hate you guys. I just want to make that clear. Infact, i love this game and I am glad you guys brought it back, and for the most part you have done an extremely good job in doing so.

However, I do feel this addon needs a bit more tweaking so it is in-line with world of warcraft standards on their macros. Not cheating mind you, but enough so somebody in my shoes can play the game and enjoy it. With that said, is there any plans to update this addon? Or take some of my ideas I posted a while back and use them?