Sequencer Addon - Features Needed

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Sequencer Addon - Features Needed

Post#11 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:58 pm

eldriyth wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:42 pm I'll be professional and polite on my posts towards the staff going forward. I do feel in my older posts I was too hard on you guys. A lot of that is because I am passionate about this project. Trust me, I wouldn't even post if I didn't give a damn about it. Look, I get you guys are set in your ways to some degree and are more old-school in your mmorpg mindset. Hell, I played Everquest when it first came out back in the day so I know how HARDCORE goes. However, when WoW came out I adapted and heavily enjoyed the changes they made to make the game better for all player types. It was a breath of fresh air to not have to sit there for almost 30 minutes regenerating mana. I don't hate you guys. I just want to make that clear. Infact, i love this game and I am glad you guys brought it back, and for the most part you have done an extremely good job in doing so.

However, I do feel this addon needs a bit more tweaking so it is in-line with world of warcraft standards on their macros. Not cheating mind you, but enough so somebody in my shoes can play the game and enjoy it. With that said, is there any plans to update this addon? Or take some of my ideas I posted a while back and use them?
There isn't any desire to bring Sequencer up to the standard of WOW macros.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
eldriyth

Post#12 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:40 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:58 pm
eldriyth wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:42 pm I'll be professional and polite on my posts towards the staff going forward. I do feel in my older posts I was too hard on you guys. A lot of that is because I am passionate about this project. Trust me, I wouldn't even post if I didn't give a damn about it. Look, I get you guys are set in your ways to some degree and are more old-school in your mmorpg mindset. Hell, I played Everquest when it first came out back in the day so I know how HARDCORE goes. However, when WoW came out I adapted and heavily enjoyed the changes they made to make the game better for all player types. It was a breath of fresh air to not have to sit there for almost 30 minutes regenerating mana. I don't hate you guys. I just want to make that clear. Infact, i love this game and I am glad you guys brought it back, and for the most part you have done an extremely good job in doing so.

However, I do feel this addon needs a bit more tweaking so it is in-line with world of warcraft standards on their macros. Not cheating mind you, but enough so somebody in my shoes can play the game and enjoy it. With that said, is there any plans to update this addon? Or take some of my ideas I posted a while back and use them?
Could you please explain what the team's reasoning on this is? There is nothing wrong with the WoW api. I mean we are talking Blizzard here. They are very strict. Why would you be against something like [nochanneling] or recast if interrupted on a string you currently allow?

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#13 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:48 pm

eldriyth wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:40 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:58 pm

Could you please explain what the team's reasoning on this is? There is nothing wrong with the WoW api. I mean we are talking Blizzard here. They are very strict. Why would you be against something like [nochanneling] or recast if interrupted on a string you currently allow?
I suppose it was the bad taste of NB for the past 13 years. It's just not wanted by the team. You can pull up any number of conversations on the forums about it to see the arguments for and against.

abezverkhiy

Post#14 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:52 pm

For once I am going to be devil's advocate.

Look, you don't need this nochanelling. GCD is 1.5 sec (not 1 sec like in WoW) and what you really need to do is stop mashing your keyboard. I have channeling spells in Sequencer and I live fine.

Don't crash your keyboard like a woodpecker
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Sirius84

Post#15 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:32 am

Please stop reinventing the wheel.

In the end, it's obvious that many players, for various reasons, want to simplify the process and use more of their character's abilities.

So just return NB and don't reinvent anymore.
Or everyone should be equal and press the abilities separately with their hands and keep track of the timing and sequences themselves.

kodos

Post#16 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:34 am

wargrimnir wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:48 pmI suppose it was the bad taste of NB for the past 13 years. It's just not wanted by the team. You can pull up any number of conversations on the forums about it to see the arguments for and against.
So it is going back to how it was on live? The one with the better hardware (as programmable keyboard/mouse, additional thump keys for keyboard/mouse etc) has the advantage over those playing with standard hardware

I would prefer a software solution available for everyone rather than being something special
thou shall not whine

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#17 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:03 am

It's really not much of a discussion to be had. I'm just providing the information being asked, take it however you like.

Sulorie

Post#18 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:25 am

Sequencer working on potions would be all I'd like to add. You're taking them one after the other anyway, so no reason to have multiple keybinds for it.
Dying is no option.

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Post#19 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:16 am

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:03 am It's really not much of a discussion to be had. I'm just providing the information being asked, take it however you like.
Maybe, if so many people really ask for some updates to the sequencer, the team should reevaluate their position towards it and overcome their bias towards macros that has built up over 13 years of NB.
I see quite a few good points being made that wouldnt hurt (like potting). As I understand the teams concerm was mainly about the very powerful conditional checks... Being able to pot, or use morale abilities and pocket items doesnt really fall under that category as i see it.

sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#20 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:23 am

The use of potions in the sequencer is more of a technical challenge because it's an item instead of an ability, which means checks had to be done against the inventory of the player.
Possible? Probably, only Dalen can tell , since he is the one who made the server side aspect of the functions which all the conditions and checks are preformed.
The sequencer is only a tool to converse the info to and from the client to make the setup a bit easyer (so players dont need to get into the manual .dot command stuff )
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza