Recent Topics

Ads

Multiple characters on a single profile

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Heraph

Multiple characters on a single profile

Post#1 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:47 pm

Cheers,
sorry if this is a duplicate. I've tried to search for it before, i swear.

I have multiple characters. Each of them gets a copy of my main Characters user settings. Whenever something is changing i have to copy-paste overwrite from the main to the alts. I want to change that to a single folder.
In the CharacterSettings.xml there is a "activeUIProfilePath=" variable that hints to me that this could be possible.
Problem: I do not get to load a parent folder. Ive tried ".." "../" "..//" "//" "/"
Also: The property in "activeUIProfile=" is written by the client each time one character is logged out.
What i assumed is that i can have a parent folder with all the settings and refer to that. But the name of the folder is overwritten each time.

Is there any chance this is possible?

Ads
CyunUnderis

Re: Multiple characters on a single profile

Post#2 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:06 pm

In game you can import the profile of one of your character.

Like that, you can use the same profile.

DaWolf

Post#3 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:25 pm

If I understand correctly, several characters who use the same profile. Just use the switch button on the second image of the post above.
You choose the profile of yourmain characters, and your alts will have exactly the same profile. If you reproduce this on all your alts then all will have the same profile. And finally if you make a change on your main and/or one of your alts, this change will be effective on all your characters sharing the same profile. No need to copy or export.
But that's if I understand correctly :D

For example, I have ten characters. Tank and Mdps/Rdps that all use the same profile1 and Healers that all use the same profile2. So 2 profiles for 10 characters.

Omegus

Post#4 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:36 pm

Set up the profile you want on one character and then tick the box that says "Sharing":

Then, when you log in on other characters that shared profile will be an option for you to use:

Any changes you make to the shared profiles will apply to all characters using that profile.

In your case, you want to make 2 profiles: 1 for your DPS and 1 for your healers. Turn on "Sharing" for both profiles. Then on the other characters, go to the UI profile screen and switch to the shared profile that matches their class/role.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

DaWolf

Post#5 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:41 pm

^ This
Better said than me :D

Heraph

Post#6 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:42 pm

Yes! Thanks alot! And here i thought i have to edit the xml settings files with manual paths to some folder structure. The game is more modern than anticipated.
The help is much appreaciated!

Grock

Post#7 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:50 am

Heraph wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:42 pm Yes! Thanks alot! And here i thought i have to edit the xml settings files with manual paths to some folder structure. The game is more modern than anticipated.
The help is much appreaciated!
You can also move, resize or hide all standard UI elements via Layout Editor, without having to use 3rd party addon like a certain popular "modern" MMO :)
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)