Some Help with "Enemy" add-on configuration, please?

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
GrishnakBlagtoof

Some Help with "Enemy" add-on configuration, please?

Post#1 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:16 am

So I've been in RoR for a few weeks now. I have to say first and foremost, THANK YOU to everyone working on this. I can't believe I'm here, I'm having such an amazing time, and I wish I knew about this back in 2013, I'd have never gone without this amazing, fantastic game that's been my favourite for decades....
Secondly, the community here has been fantastic for the most part and I need to thank YOU all on top of it for making it so. I am really getting a LOT of joy out of this entire thing and I'm grateful.

Now to my issue. At cap, I ran in and did some RvR as a follower. I learned what's new, what's fixed, what's better, and what is expected of me. I've had some help from some amazing people and I've figured out what I need to deal with. I prefer to get addons that are something as a necessity, to avoid the bloat from addons in "other games"...

I led a WarBand the other night, and we were highly successful, capping keeps, BOs and zone to zone for control capturing it all and having such a great night.....until the server exploded when we had the Reikland Fort Lord at 45%...anyways, the GMs were contacted and were of amazing help....VERY satisfied with how fast the GMs worked and how helpful they were to us all.
Point is, NOW, I've learned the addons that are essential to WarBands and the World War.....
I'm decently versed in editing .luas and addons, and the amazing WBLeaderLeaderHelper has been invaluable, but I edited it and added some other things to it to fit what I found was needed, plus made it more specific....

I decided I need edit Enemy. The Class icons overhead are blocking player names and their HP bars...I need to make them higher. Also, I need to make the Enemy raid bars a bit bigger for me. They're great....just small......I can't seem to find the right files to edit the specific items in Enemy, though, and I can't get through ANY configurations in-game. I click the different things in the drop down menus, but they simply don't even show....
I downloaded it through Idrith's site, I was told that's the best and latest.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
If anyone could help me out, even if just telling me what file, what line in Enemy so I can make the class icons higher above player name, guild, hp and the raid frames larger, it would be fantastic!!

Thank you all again. Life is rough in many different ways for many different people, but I have to say, being back in Warhammer after so long mourning it's loss...I haven't been this happy in a long time....

See you all on the field!!!

WAAAGH BLAGTOOF!!!!!

Ads
Lilim
Game Master

Re: Some Help with "Enemy" add-on configuration, please?

Post#2 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:23 am

Hey,

I don't know if you haven't read my guide yet: viewtopic.php?f=113&t=40739

inside the "Addon setups" section you can look for some help about Enemy configurations, maybe it will help you a bit.

GrishnakBlagtoof

Post#3 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:05 am

Heya!
Thanks for the quick reply and links!
My issue is though, that no matter what I do, the other menus just aren't in my add-on. Like the screenshots I posted, if I click the menu to get to those areas to configure, they simply don't exist. No way for me to edit those parts, which is why I asked for the files to edit, or if someone has an actual WORKING copy of Enemy? ALL versions ion Idrith's site don't work right.

Thanks again!! I appreciate any and all help!
WAAAGH!!!
Grishnak Blagtoof
<The Blagtoof WarTribe>
Est. 1996

Lilim
Game Master

Post#4 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:01 pm

GrishnakBlagtoof wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:05 am Heya!
Thanks for the quick reply and links!
My issue is though, that no matter what I do, the other menus just aren't in my add-on. Like the screenshots I posted, if I click the menu to get to those areas to configure, they simply don't exist. No way for me to edit those parts, which is why I asked for the files to edit, or if someone has an actual WORKING copy of Enemy? ALL versions ion Idrith's site don't work right.

Thanks again!! I appreciate any and all help!

Hey,

I wouldn't say that the Idrinth versions don't work. Because you are the only person who is complaining. I have two ideas.
1. Maybe in your user folders there are two Enemy folders and there is a conflict due to the different setups.
2. There is an other addon that cause the conflict.

GrishnakBlagtoof

Post#5 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:12 pm

Lilim wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:01 pm Hey,

I wouldn't say that the Idrinth versions don't work. Because you are the only person who is complaining. I have two ideas.
1. Maybe in your user folders there are two Enemy folders and there is a conflict due to the different setups.
2. There is an other addon that cause the conflict.
Heya!! I didn't mean it to come out as bad as it sounded. :)
I've done a bunch of searches, I've found a few that have the same issues that I have - albeit few and far between, and I have deleted all I needed and added Enemy alone and still doesn't work. So I'm at a loss. A shame too, because I love it, just can't edit it in the ways I want....

Does anyone know what file within Enemy I need to manually edit for raid frame size and overhead icon location?

Have a great night!
WAAAGH!!!
Grishnak Blagtoof
<The Blagtoof WarTribe>
Est. 1996

Lilim
Game Master

Post#6 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:04 pm

Hey,

you can always extract the Enemy from the VinyUi (download it, put it out the "interface" folder).
stuff you should do:
- delete the content of your Cache folder
- go to: user/settings/MartyrSquare/CharacterName/Profil Name .... and delete the Enemy folder there (it's the Enemy settings of your current used profil on the character)
- check your other addons....maybe they interfer with Enemy and doing weird stuff with it!

GrishnakBlagtoof

Post#7 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:06 am

Lilim wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:04 pm Hey,

you can always extract the Enemy from the VinyUi (download it, put it out the "interface" folder).
stuff you should do:
- delete the content of your Cache folder
- go to: user/settings/MartyrSquare/CharacterName/Profil Name .... and delete the Enemy folder there (it's the Enemy settings of your current used profil on the character)
- check your other addons....maybe they interfer with Enemy and doing weird stuff with it!
Thank you for all of your help. I appreciate it. I'll go in and give that idea a go. I was thinking maybe to do that, said, "let me check the forums first" and here ya are telling me that. :)
I'll keep ya posted!

Grishnak Blagtoof
<The Blagtoof WarTribe>
WAAAGH!!!
Grishnak Blagtoof
<The Blagtoof WarTribe>
Est. 1996