Recent Topics

Ads

[ADDON] EZGuard 1.2.1

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: [ADDON] EZGuard 1.0.4

Post#61 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:31 pm

Arthem wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:08 am
Infexion wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:56 am
Everdin wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:28 am It check conditions and makes decisions based on them, exactly the reason NB was banned.

Example:
NB - looks if the target is under 50% use finisher (Lion e.g.)
EZGuard - looks if target is under x% target the guy
Triage - same for heal
NB was banned because it had way too much automation, conditionals etc
EZGuard and Triage are only for targetting. They have been deemed legal by the devs. Wargrimnir called them the healer's/tanker's equivalent of swift assist.
If you wanna ban these then you might as well call for a ban on Swiftassist.
Ban macros too IMO xD
We could easily break assist functions and I would very much support it. I didn't like it when implemented as it marginalizes the necessity for shot-calling, target identification, and selection in the heat of battle. Not to mention how exploitative it is to near instantly and accurately move the focus of an entire group to a single person. However, my concerns are not always held in the highest regard.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Talladego

Post#62 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:51 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:31 pm

EZGuard and Triage are only for targetting. They have been deemed legal by the devs. Wargrimnir called them the healer's/tanker's equivalent of swift assist.
Ban macros too IMO xD
We could easily break assist functions and I would very much support it. I didn't like it when implemented as it marginalizes the necessity for shot-calling, target identification, and selection in the heat of battle. Not to mention how exploitative it is to near instantly and accurately move the focus of an entire group to a single person. However, my concerns are not always held in the highest regard.
Lets not drive away more players please.
The game was released with a powerful API for a reason.
Obviously the original developers wanted people to be able to customize their playing experience as they saw fit.

Arthem

Post#63 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:34 am

Ban macros too IMO xD
Are you talking about addons like swift assist or macros you write manually to assist a player you identify and can't change unless you change the script in the macro?

I don't care for swift assist. Bit of a crutch for lazy players.

btbw2009
Suspended

Post#64 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:41 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:31 pm We could easily break assist functions and I would very much support it. I didn't like it when implemented as it marginalizes the necessity for shot-calling, target identification, and selection in the heat of battle. Not to mention how exploitative it is to near instantly and accurately move the focus of an entire group to a single person. However, my concerns are not always held in the highest regard.
developer like to ban addons used legal API
did u tried sent CV to NSA? they looking for u

P.S. Ezguard become mad on low-lvl tank (without guard ability) and spam Ezguard enabled message

TARDIONm

Re: [ADDON] EZGuard 1.2.0

Post#65 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:44 pm

ez guard ez heal ez kill ez game... trash
FMJ

TARDIONm

Post#66 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:46 pm

what 's the point of the game if addons do everything for you... wait delete , its good job, but , its how nerfed buttons
FMJ

Emissary
Community Management

Post#67 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:56 pm

Ban macros too IMO xD
I vote for this, if one thing is cheating and the other is not, then you are being unfair. Swiftassist is a cheat. Honestly if we are worried about certain addons being cheating because of ranked. Create code that disables all addons in ranked play; git gud and all that stuff !!!
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

Sulorie

Post#68 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:06 am

Emissary wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:56 pm

Ban macros too IMO xD
I vote for this, if one thing is cheating and the other is not, then you are being unfair. Swiftassist is a cheat. Honestly if we are worried about certain addons being cheating because of ranked. Create code that disables all addons in ranked play; git gud and all that stuff !!!
How is it a cheat, when it is the same thing as main assist, only that the main assist doesn't have to claim the role?

How about we remove unit frames too, because healing is too easy by just clicking on players in your UI or even binding the players for even faster swaps on your hotbar?
You don't have this luxury on the attacking side. Good luck hitting the right targets with anything else but aoe skills, because you just can't click the correct target in a mass fight. It's insane to even think about it.
At the same time all healers in warband can crossheal the same player easily.

I mean, it's not even remotely difficult to see those side effects.
Dying is no option.

Ads
btbw2009
Suspended

Post#69 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:22 am

population: 2000
developer: im tired from NB, ban it
megaproskillz players: yes, yes, ban it
population: 1000
developer: im can cancel swiftassist, tired from it
megaproskillz players: yes, yes, ban it, ban all this cheats
population: 2 (developer+megaproskills player on forum)
bum, another server dead

Talladego

Post#70 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:53 pm

btbw2009 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:41 pm P.S. Ezguard become mad on low-lvl tank (without guard ability) and spam Ezguard enabled message
Yes I have noticed, looking into it.