UI5

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
tvbrowntown
Suspended

UI5

Post#1 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:51 am

UI5

v0.1
A WAR-esque updated UI project

Click here to watch on YouTube

what does it have?

oHUD that flashes white and jiggles of critical hit
oHUD that also has a fading HP bar to show a visual indicator of how much damage is done
new main HP bars
new mechanic bar
new smaller renown+exp bar (all in one baybee)
danger monitor (to see who is doing DBs and animates a flame on their mainbar when targeted)
shitter icon for when you target someone who you have decided is a **** /shitter NAME to add and /noshit NAME to remove them. /shitters to see a list of your current shitters
updated peaceout addon with no errors and a can of paint (fancy, lol)
modified Obsidian addon for castbar
modified TexturedButtons addon for textured hotbar

intended features for the future (depending if I can motivate myself to do these as I don't really play WAR much anymore):

warband and party UI (likely integrated with enemy)
spell suggestion module - a dynamic spell priority queue that displays a list of spells you could cast depending on enemy HP, if they have a debuff/buff, etc.
updated character sheet, quit menu, chat window, inventory window, notification/alert window.

where can you get this project?

https://github.com/TVBrowntown/UI5/arch ... s/main.zip

how to install?

I'm not too sure. I think I've set it up the same as installing VinyUI. Drop the interface and user folder into your WAR folder. You'll have to overwite your version of Obsidian, Enemy and TexturedButtons if you have them (I suggest you make a backup of those addons, since I chopped them up a bit) and CharacterName holds the UI5 settings so Import from there within Warhammers Profile settings.

HEADS-UP!

I provide this as is since I didn't really ever intend on releasing this. It's currently QUITE unoptimized and spaghetti AF - But hey! You might enjoy this for what it is. Also, maybe you've got some suggestions too - I'm open to them.
Last edited by tvbrowntown on Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:59 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ads
tvbrowntown
Suspended

Re: UI5

Post#2 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:52 am

seriously, I don't know how this will set itself up on your system. your mileage may vary.

MasterYoda

Post#3 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:06 am

Amazing work TVBrowntown!
So many unique improvements I haven't seen in any other addon - I can only imagine the amount of work that got into this. I will definitely check your github code this weekend.

I hope you will continue to pursue this. I always thought that VinyUI should be shipped as the default UI for RoR. But if this UI is developed more and thoroughly bugtested it may convince the developers to do so.
Last edited by MasterYoda on Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

MasterYoda

Post#4 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:07 am

The only thing I would change is maybe the inclusion of TidyChat. I do much prefer that addon over the default chat window.

tvbrowntown
Suspended

Post#5 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:31 am

MasterYoda wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:07 am The only thing I would change is maybe the inclusion of TidyChat. I do much prefer that addon over the default chat window.
I actually had also intended to redo the chat window UI with more of these brush texture graphics. All of the graphical elements are included in the UI5 AddOn textures folder.

Something that is also being checked in UI5 is every time your target parries, dodges, blocks and absorbs damage - however, it doesn't connect to a function yet and instead just prints a message into the debug. I have yet to decide on how to visually display this information... the critical hits were easy enough but not sure about the defensive indicators...

LinkinGarviel

Post#6 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:08 am

It's look like a very good UI, thanks for this share
Player of Escouade Garviel / Team Psy as Bright Wizard

Repulsion

Post#7 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:29 pm

This is an incredible UI, so stylish and slick. After fiddling a bit with it and being content with how it works:
  • is there a way for buff icons to be seen on friendly targets?
  • Or to right click and, for example, inspect your target?
Enemies have their buffs/debuffs over their head so it's fine but friendly targets seem lacking, or I'm missing something.

THANK you for making AND sharing this Browntown, this rules.

tvbrowntown
Suspended

Post#8 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:45 pm

Repulsion wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:29 pm This is an incredible UI, so stylish and slick. After fiddling a bit with it and being content with how it works:
  • is there a way for buff icons to be seen on friendly targets?
  • Or to right click and, for example, inspect your target?
Enemies have their buffs/debuffs over their head so it's fine but friendly targets seem lacking, or I'm missing something.

THANK you for making AND sharing this Browntown, this rules.
I haven't implemented anything for buffs on friendly targets as I play DPS - you would want to turn that on via the BuffHead addon.
As for inspecting - I hadn't thought about turning on the ability to rightclick the mainbars for friendly, or hostile and will put that in next update.

ps. Glad you like the AddOn!

Ads
Neverever

Post#9 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:19 pm

Great UI, the only problem is that I can't track enemy debuffs and dots on me. I used to use pure frame for that in my previous UI. it might be something to do with my setup though. I wonder how do you track your pot timers etc.

tvbrowntown
Suspended

Post#10 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:10 pm

Neverever wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:19 pm Great UI, the only problem is that I can't track enemy debuffs and dots on me. I used to use pure frame for that in my previous UI. it might be something to do with my setup though. I wonder how do you track your pot timers etc.
Personally, I let BuffHead do that andwhen I am running out of it at 30 seconds it will show up on my head. I kind of hate having heaps of icons everywhere. But, since a lot of people like that functionality I'll put it in next update.

For now, if you'd like to use UI5 with that type functionality I would recommend DAoCBuff --> https://tools.idrinth.de/addons/daocbuff/