Recent Topics

Ads

[ADDON] GCDsaver 1.0.6

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Sulorie

Re: [ADDON] GCDsaver 1.0.4

Post#61 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:48 pm

emiliorv wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:03 pm

Double standart?? conditional check for cleanse is in game by default (iirc wasnt there at war realease and introduced later)...Are you up to devs remove the conditional check for cleanse abilities and let the players "use the information that the ui provides (be it native ui or customized) and react according to it"??

Why is ok for cleanse and not for other abilities?
It's always working like that - even on live. You never could cleanse, without a debuff to remove. This is an entirely different thing than CC skills and CC immunity.
There is zero reason to block CC, if target is immune, for reasons I pointed out already. That's no double standard, it's apples and oranges.
The limiting factor for cleanses isn't enemy CC immunity but cooldown. Therefore you can use in on cooldown as long as 2 of 3 types of debuffs are on your target.
What you suggest is blocking aoe knockback, because out of many enemies, in front of you, the one you happen to have in target, is immune. It makes no sense. :)
Dying is no option.

Ads
Evilest

Re: [ADDON] GCDsaver 1.0.5

Post#62 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:50 pm

mynban wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:55 am There ALWAYS is some automation, and there is no such thing as universal correct treshold, the acceptable amount is where each player draws the line.

The advantage a player with tether, enemy, buffhead and discord over one without those addons is miles MILES away from anything what NB could provide anyone. But people love the coming up with their own arbitrary moral line to justify what they like to use and villify what they dont like.
+1

Someone decided they didn't like the line in the sand and decided to redraw it to make it a bit more wavy. I don't think we'd hordes of people waiting to join until that line was redrawn.

A bunch of abilities of different classes still are blocked when they can't be used. Given the effort and cost of removing nb, I find this "3/4ths there" approach amusing.

saupreusse
Developer

Re: [ADDON] GCDsaver 1.0.4

Post#63 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:33 pm

emiliorv wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:03 pm
O REALLY?? Lets see...
saupreusse wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:15 am This is my personal opinion:
(i have not checked out the addon yet, only read the short explanation).
Usually you would use the information that the ui provides (be it native ui or customized) and react according to it. For example checking your target for the "HEX-CURSE-AILMENT" effect before wasting your CLEANSE. This ofc is solely based on the decision of the player and therefore it has room for human error. These kind of addons take out this "human error" part of the gameplay, which is something that I'm not a fan of.
Do i think its cheating? No.
Do i think it gives an unfair advantage over people who dont use it? Most of the time no... but maybe in situations where using - and not wasting your CLEANSE is the factor deciding between a win or a loss.
I dont think this addon is a problem...but you cant deny it leaves the same sour taste as the NB checks did for the same reason.
Double standart?? conditional check for cleanse is in game by default (iirc wasnt there at war realease and introduced later)...Are you up to devs remove the conditional check for cleanse abilities and let the players "use the information that the ui provides (be it native ui or customized) and react according to it"??

Why is ok for cleanse and not for other abilities?
if you ask me why mythic implemented it like this - i wouldnt know.
probably because cleanse requires a debuff to be removed in order to be usable, while cc abilites have no requirements from a logical standpoint.
one could argue that "the absence of an immovable buff" could be the requirement for cc abilities but that seems to me like a dull point.

my personal opinion: nearly all cc spells have a dps component OR a debuff component OR other components (like eye shot from SW (debuffs INI and damages), or declare anathema from WH(staggers and self punts)... etc.) and it is therefore perfectly fine for them to be used at all times.

btbw2009
Suspended

Post#64 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:57 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:46 pm Nothing wrong with addons that are QoL or improve readability of the game. But addons that automate gameplay aspects, especially those relating to core gameplay such as combat and skill checks IMO is too much. My view is if you're struggling to know what buttons to press and when to keep your rotations optimal, practice. An addon that just checks all of that for you is a slap in the face to everyone who practices their class to perform well. And I'm arguing against these kinds of addons because they do automate gameplay and make it near optimal. Which isn't human as everyone makes mistakes, especially in high pressure situations. So if anything I'd class it as partially botting part of your gameplay in order to perform better. It's like CSGO with aim bots, they don't shoot the gun, they just automate the process of looking around for a target in an optimal way to avoid making mistakes.
dude, you cannot ban addons which using API (NB still not banned despite on any devteam retries)
and you cannot automate gameplay with API too
all trash what u talking about require cheat programs like autoclickers, pixel shutzen and sniffers
no one addon cannot do more then any UI or even classis WHO (because addon use cross-language for show to user information about game actions, no matter what addon show u Condition check on targeted enemy - buffhead, enemy, aura, NB, classic target window or classic toolbar - it work how it work for all and show player current state in game)
stop bring to WARhammer with WAR API examples from stupid game realisations like CSGO etc
P.S. people still dont understand simple thing (and developer which banned NB dont understand it too) - all addons is legal and dont broke rules, and cannot be used for any fear like here described (automation, aimbot etc)
only way for ban addons (and stop their reproduce) is ban a whole API, which need to rework client and server part of game
good luck with it

Omegus

Post#65 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:26 pm

btbw2009 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:57 pmP.S. people still dont understand simple thing (and developer which banned NB dont understand it too) - all addons is legal and dont broke rules, and cannot be used for any fear like here described (automation, aimbot etc)
only way for ban addons (and stop their reproduce) is ban a whole API, which need to rework client and server part of game
good luck with it
A few days ago I literally found a bug with the client that lets you automate ability activations without requiring keypresses per ability. Do you think that was intended by Mythic, when the bug is in the client checks that should be preventing automation? :D

As for the rules, the rules are what the ROR devs say they are. We might not agree with them, but those are the rules. We're stuck with a client that cannot be updated, so just because it *can* do something doesn't mean that it is desired or currently intended. There are ways to block/limit certain API calls, but the client has a lot of API calls and some bugs so catching everything can be difficult, especially when new bugs within the client are found which defy all expectations of how things should work.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

btbw2009
Suspended

Post#66 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:38 pm

Omegus wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:26 pm A few days ago I literally found a bug with the client that lets you automate ability activations without requiring keypresses per ability. Do you think that was intended by Mythic, when the bug is in the client checks that should be preventing automation? :D

As for the rules, the rules are what the ROR devs say they are. We might not agree with them, but those are the rules. We're stuck with a client that cannot be updated, so just because it *can* do something doesn't mean that it is desired or currently intended. There are ways to block/limit certain API calls, but the client has a lot of API calls and some bugs so catching everything can be difficult, especially when new bugs within the client are found which defy all expectations of how things should work.
Mythic can do errors, yes, and dont have time/hands for fix all bugs - why its new or can be reason for ban anything what use legal code?
lets ban english language because terrorists can use it
"block/limit certain API calls" become to "block/limits addons" - its war between fingers and hand or anti-QoL from devs
sure, they can do anything but dont call its actions as useful, needed or struggle with cheats - this is just an outrageous trick of a person unknown to me under the influence of screamers and alarmists (and they still fill topics like GCD, EZ, WT with whine about cheats and pro-skillaz)
devteam should turn face to gamers and start coordinate their vision and current targets, also dramatically raise QoL forces, but first hear ppl, not schizophrenics
for example - today im seen sentence in general about x-realm, someone really think all players must be permanently choose one side of conflict and stay here forever (without timer, just permanent destro)
such ppl it solve problem with hip-hop between realms
try imagine what happen in close time if such opinion will be implemented by dev like he was banned NB

navis

Post#67 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:04 pm

awesome work, thank you guys.

Kpi

Post#68 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:25 pm

I think this not working with Slayer Knockdown.

The ability is in grey colour, but i can fire it
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Ads
Talladego

Post#69 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:35 pm

Kpi wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:25 pm I think this not working with Slayer Knockdown.

The ability is in grey colour, but i can fire it
I will check it out.

Kpi

Post#70 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:42 pm

I think can be some addon on my slayer UI, because i can't change the conditionals from GCDSaver on SL, but i can do it with my IB.

EDIT: My wife tested it in her slayer and it is working ok, so must be some of my SL UI/addons.
EDIT 2: I don't know why i have enabled EZguard on SL. I just disable it and it is working nice now. Tyvm
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+