Recent Topics

Ads

[UI] VinyUI

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
pacolux11

Re: [UI] VinyUI

Post#1281 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:58 am

Hello,

I already searched the forum, but didn't find following answers:

1. How can I sho my own HP in absolute numbers, I can't find the option to activate it.
2. There are standard HP-Bars (part of standard nameplates?!) on enemies and friends, which I activated. Is there a way to resize them? I'd like to have them much broader.
3. When I was "duoing" yesterday, buffhead didn't show my Buffs on my mate. When we were in a SC, they worked. Also, when we were not grouped.
4. I think I messed up Effigy, is there a way to reset that w/o reinstalling the whole package?

Thank you in advance!
Best regards

PS The Version of enemy delivered w/ the package has no combat tracking option. I'd like to have it for optimizing my performance. Is there a way to activate this?

BTW Love the Addon-Pack, great work!

Ads
Caffeine

Post#1282 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:21 pm

pacolux11 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:58 am 1. How can I sho my own HP in absolute numbers, I can't find the option to activate it.
I'm not sure what you mean by absolute. If you want a permanent hp bar you can reenable Player tracker in Pure. To do this run /pure command, go to 'Player' section, set 'Unit Frame Alpha' and 'Unit Frame Font Alpha' to 1. By default I use this bar purely (no pun intended) for tidy effect tracking. If you move this bar somewhere else on the screen the effect row will most likely be annoying. To fix this in the same settings window scroll down to 'Effects' section and adjust Rows and Colums values until you are happy.

pacolux11 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:58 am 2. There are standard HP-Bars (part of standard nameplates?!) on enemies and friends, which I activated. Is there a way to resize them? I'd like to have them much broader.
If you mean these then no, there is no UI in game to customize these. Maybe you could tweak these by modifying core UI but I don't have the time to look in to it.

pacolux11 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:58 am 3. When I was "duoing" yesterday, buffhead didn't show my Buffs on my mate. When we were in a SC, they worked. Also, when we were not grouped.
I assume you mean Buffhead settings on Healer profiles. What comes with the pack assumes you will track your hots through Enemy which most people do. Once you have your Enemy set up there is no reason to have these icons in Buffhead, it's much better to clean up the space for more important effects. For conveniece some hots are still allowed on Friendly targets so that you can have a feel of what hots you have up in big RvR fights on players outside of your group/warband. Because of settings file bloat I have chosen not to include hot trackers for all classes in the pack. Instead I've written a cheat sheet to help you customize your own Enemy for w/e class you play:
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=23759#p265833

pacolux11 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:58 am 4. I think I messed up Effigy, is there a way to reset that w/o reinstalling the whole package?
Copy all Effigy folders from

Code: Select all

VinyUI517\user\settings\Martyrs Square\- order_HEALER_character_name\VinyUIOrderHeal
in to your respective character folder. It shouldn't matter which profile you lift the settings from, pretty sure in case of Effigy they are all identical.

pacolux11 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:58 am PS The Version of enemy delivered w/ the package has no combat tracking option. I'd like to have it for optimizing my performance. Is there a way to activate this?
I disabled most modules in Enemy so they don't eat up resources. Combat log tracking (of any kind) in particular is usually a massive performance hog.

Go to this folder:

Code: Select all

Warhammer Online\Interface\AddOns\Enemy\Code\Core
Open Main.lua and go to line 75, you will see something like this:
To allow a module to load itself simply remove the '--' symbols on that line. I strongly recommend you disable the module once you are done theorycrafting.
VinyUI | FPS Guide | Scenario Alert | Image Caffeine Image Decaf Image Vermont Image Nevada

Phase0ut

Post#1283 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:52 pm

Whenever I set up my main action bar and enter a scenario or log out and back in again, the changes are reverted, i.e. abilities get removed from the action bar and it seems to be reset back to when you first enter the game. What can I do?

Caffeine

Post#1284 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:41 am

Updated to 5.1.8

- Updated armor talisman search presets in Shinies.
- ZonepopLite will now enable status updates after every loading screen.
VinyUI | FPS Guide | Scenario Alert | Image Caffeine Image Decaf Image Vermont Image Nevada

staarkhand

Post#1285 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:36 pm

edit: leaving this here as a record of my ineptitude and in case it helps anyone else. Don't assume you know the name of the profile of the character you're trying to copy from. After double checking I was copying the wrong profile. I still think the naming and organization is pretty confusing, but the process shown for copying a profile does actually work.

I'm not able to successfully copy profiles. I've tried copying using the in game copy profile thing, sharing profiles, and I've actually copied and pasted all the profile folder from the origin character to the destination character. I /rel, log out, zone, exit game, whatever, it doesn't work. I haven't fully explored but at a minimum hotbars, moth, enemy, rvmods, pure settings are all lost. It's basically starting over.

Yes I do I see that this question is asked a lot on this thread but the solutions are not working. I've also tried searching but I'm just seeing the same thing about copying a profile, which I believe I've done, so I appreciate any tips.

Annihilate

Post#1286 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:08 pm

Hello my dear RoR addon veterans,

I have the following issue after a fresh install + VinyUI 518 and successfully importing/renaming Destro DD premade profile.

Actionbar 1 will not keep abilities I put in fields 1,2,5 and 10, but will replace them by default abilities after a relog or zone change (loading screen).

I made a demo video.
Destro tank profile seems to have the same issue, but for fields 1,2 and 10 only.

When I do the same procedure for destro healer, AB1 does keep abilities I put into all fields. So that one seems to work.

I guess I probabaly could figure it out myself after trial and error approach modifiying different *.lua files for 2 weeks, but I hope you can give me a hint where to start from.

Lilim
Community Management

Post#1287 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:25 pm

Spoiler:
Annihilate wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:08 pm Hello my dear RoR addon veterans,

I have the following issue after a fresh install + VinyUI 518 and successfully importing/renaming Destro DD premade profile.

Actionbar 1 will not keep abilities I put in fields 1,2,5 and 10, but will replace them by default abilities after a relog or zone change (loading screen).

I made a demo video.
Destro tank profile seems to have the same issue, but for fields 1,2 and 10 only.

When I do the same procedure for destro healer, AB1 does keep abilities I put into all fields. So that one seems to work.

I guess I probabaly could figure it out myself after trial and error approach modifiying different *.lua files for 2 weeks, but I hope you can give me a hint where to start from.
Hey,

this issue has nothing to do with Viny Ui...here the Bug Tracker report: https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/18632

The current rework is to use Nerfed Buttons:
just right click on the empty action bar slot and drag and drop the spell inside, done

//Edit: or don't use the bar number one...and use bar 2,3,4,5
Last edited by Lilim on Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Annihilate

Post#1288 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:58 pm

Spoiler:
Lilim wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:25 pm
Spoiler:
Annihilate wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:08 pm Hello my dear RoR addon veterans,

I made a demo video.

Hey,

this issue has nothing to do with Viny Ui...here the Bug Tracker report: https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/18632

The current rework is to use Nerfed Buttons:
just right click on the empty action bar slot and drag and drop the spell inside, done
Hi Lilim,

thank you for the quick reply! NB seems to help indeed. I never could have figured out that by myself though. :P

Take care!

Ads
Annihilate

Post#1289 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:10 pm

Cannot nerfed buttons be included into VinyUI package? So new/returning players will not have a hard time figuring out why their buttons overwrite on relog/zone change.

Lilim
Community Management

Post#1290 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:52 pm

Annihilate wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:10 pm Cannot nerfed buttons be included into VinyUI package? So new/returning players will not have a hard time figuring out why their buttons overwrite on relog/zone change.
Hey,

I hope it's going to be a temporary issue :D