Recent Topics

Ads

[ADDON] DeathBlow 2.0 Update 05/8/2016

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
subfal

Re: [ADDON] DeathBlow 2.0 Update 05/8/2016

Post#111 » Fri May 10, 2019 2:14 pm

sullemunk wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 2:13 pm will have that option in the upcomming DB3
Nice man :)
Subzx - Bright Wizard
Sbzx - Runepriest
Subtheal - Archmage
Subz - Sorcerer
Subzist - Zealot

Youtube Channel
Twitch Channel

Ads
nocturnalguest

Post#112 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:53 am

After fort i had a crash yesterday while i been respecing mastery at altdorf. Once i logged back i join sc in a group. Being there i accidentally noticed i lost all my data from 2016 year. Somehow .lua file got totally overwritten, i wasnt doing any manipulations with ui like at all tho. Mystery? Oh yeah indeed. Does anyone know how could this happen?

moragorkhezald

Post#113 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:11 pm

I can not see the deathblow toggle icon. I can open the addon with the command normally but the toggle icon is not present. I have last 2.0 version.

Any hint?

moragorkhezald

Post#114 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:42 pm

moragorkhezald wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:11 pm I can not see the deathblow toggle icon. I can open the addon with the command normally but the toggle icon is not present. I have last 2.0 version.

Any hint?
Okay I fixed that, but now I have some weird issue.

When I get killed the screen text saying you have annihilated blablabla appears inmediately on screen, but when I kill someone the "You annihilated..." message will not appear until 15/20s later or so, is this intended or am I doing something wrong here? The addon seems to be working ok just this weird thing.

sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#115 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:17 pm

Since it utilize the system alert feature it adds itself to the queue for it , so if it has messages before it needs to wait for its turn on the alert
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#116 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:48 pm

moragorkhezald wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:42 pm
moragorkhezald wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:11 pm I can not see the deathblow toggle icon. I can open the addon with the command normally but the toggle icon is not present. I have last 2.0 version.

Any hint?

When I get killed the screen text saying you have annihilated blablabla appears inmediately on screen, but when I kill someone the "You annihilated..." message will not appear until 15/20s later or so, is this intended or am I doing something wrong here? The addon seems to be working ok just this weird thing.
I made an experement alternative ticker on the left side of the screen for DeathBlow3, witch pushes its kill notification to that one
(It also allowed for other addons to push to it, like LootAlert)
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

Lithenir

Post#117 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:17 am

sullemunk wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:48 pm I made an experement alternative ticker on the left side of the screen for DeathBlow3, witch pushes its kill notification to that one
This looks pretty nice. How and where can i get these?

moragorkhezald

Post#118 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:40 am

sullemunk wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:48 pm
moragorkhezald wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:42 pm

Any hint?

I made an experement alternative ticker on the left side of the screen for DeathBlow3, witch pushes its kill notification to that one
Wow I love it, I have a chat tab just for rr gains and loot because I like to see when I get medals and such and the combat scrolling text is nice but sometimes those things get lost in the numbers tornado.

Will we be able to have that nice side ticker along with the current middle screen message? And is my problem a known problem or am I the only one having problems like it?

Ads
Golaz

Post#119 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:45 pm

Hi Sullemunk,

I love your addon but I have had a few problems:

1. Once all of the stats got reset when the game crashed.

2. Sometimes I notice the data from my last session has not been saved.
I have checked the SavedVariables file under my installation folder (..user\settings\GLOBAL\Deathblow2) and the file has simply not been modified during my gaming session nor after exiting the game.
Where is the data stored temporarily so I can merge it into the file? If it's gone, could you make it save the entries more often and not only when you exit the game? Or maybe add a manual button to save the data.

Really love the addon its just a shame so much of the data has been lost already :D

sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#120 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:59 am

Golaz wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:45 pm Hi Sullemunk,

I love your addon but I have had a few problems:

1. Once all of the stats got reset when the game crashed.

2. Sometimes I notice the data from my last session has not been saved.
I have checked the SavedVariables file under my installation folder (..user\settings\GLOBAL\Deathblow2) and the file has simply not been modified during my gaming session nor after exiting the game.
Where is the data stored temporarily so I can merge it into the file? If it's gone, could you make it save the entries more often and not only when you exit the game? Or maybe add a manual button to save the data.

Really love the addon its just a shame so much of the data has been lost already :D
It's an engine limitation, not saving upon crashes.
It only saves the user data on Logging or Reloading UI
also, make sure your user files and folders is not writeprotected