Recent Topics

Ads

[Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Sarineth

Re: [Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Post#281 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:38 am

Dabbart wrote:1. Armor/Stat pots don't stack with any ability that provides armor/that stat.
2. Seperate abilities that provide armor don't stack.
3. Seperate abilities that provide the same stat bonus don't stack.
4. The largest buff will take precedent.
Back to the drawing board. Good to know this tuff. Should have come to the forums a lot earlier.
Dabbart wrote:Is there a reason you don't lik the AoE snare tactic(Big Brawlin)? The only reason to NOT get it is if you want to spec for KD and/or DPS, but you have a build that could give you both.
I figured aoe snare would be covered by others and I just had to keep everyone alive with Guard swapping, Challenge and Hold the Line. Use the occasional knockback or knockdown to save some one.
Seems I was wrong as I built heavy on defense and I am completely ignored by Order. The aoe snare would make it that even if they ignore me I slow a lot of them, which is at least more annoying then I am now. But mostly I feel they just ignore me because my damage doesn't matter at all. If I would up my damage enough to become noticable that might also attract attention.
Or am I again overlooking some basic rule I don't know about?

Ads
Dabbart

Post#282 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:06 am

Well. There are no real "rules" to building a toon, other than having fun. If you feel you are being ignored, it's probably because they can. You got the great basics for a Mdps Guard down pat, and that's AMAZING. So Gz on that.

As for being annoying, using Taunt to interrupt casts(mainly grp heals and rezz) is an exceptional skill to develop. I say Develop, cause it'll take time to learn the cast animations and timing, Utilize the damage spike it gives you once that caster reacts to the interrupt, and you will have their attention. You don't necessarily need damage to mess with a backline. This is my spec:
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=bo; ... 6:;0:0:0:0: For SCs
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=bo; ... 0:;0:0:0:0: For ORvR

I use the stat steal as my war cry(120) with Not in Da Face!, silence, interrupt, AoE Snare, AoE Root and a AoE KB I can effectively mess with the casting for an entire backline for a good 4-6GcDs. Or 1 caster almost indefintely. In SCs I can get away with going heavier on DPS, so Tree Hit Combo is great there. I crit squishies for 1300raw damage each hit if I time the Taunt. I go SnB 3p ruin 2p merc atm.

ORvR I just have to be tankier. M4 nearly on CD and the extra few GcDs worth of survival from the wounds keeps me up enough for healers to save the day. And I still hit pretty hard.

As I said though. Test out a few builds. You'll find one you like.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

DokB

Post#283 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:09 am

Do skills with damage reduction modifiers like Ya Missed Me stack with Challenge? Or does it just use the highest damage reduction value?
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Yardy

Post#284 » Wed May 17, 2017 5:07 pm

DokB wrote:Do skills with damage reduction modifiers like Ya Missed Me stack with Challenge? Or does it just use the highest damage reduction value?
We will have to test it out, get your calculator out ready
CRUDE big boss! (Scrubs can lead too)
Yardpig- Black Orc

Penril

Post#285 » Wed May 17, 2017 6:00 pm

DokB wrote:Do skills with damage reduction modifiers like Ya Missed Me stack with Challenge? Or does it just use the highest damage reduction value?
It should since they are different skills. YMM debuffs only PHYSICAL damage (it is useless on a BW or AM, for example) while Challenge/CS debuffs ALL damage.

Last time I checked, YMM definitely stacked with CS.
Last edited by Penril on Wed May 17, 2017 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dabbart

Post#286 » Wed May 17, 2017 6:38 pm

Really?! I assumed the didn't... testing tonight.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Penril

Post#287 » Wed May 17, 2017 7:22 pm

I tested CS and YMM extensively several months ago.

CS and Challenge: No stack (though I believe they stack now and that's the reason why CS got nerfed).
CS and YMM: Stack
YMM and Challenge: Stack

So a Chosen could apply CS on a Slayer (25% reduced damage), the BO uses YMM (80% damage taken), then one of them uses Challenge (70% damage dealt), and his damage is now reduced by 58% (79% if he attacks a guarded target). This is all assuming that CS now stacks with Challenge.

1 x 0.75 x 0.8 x 0.7 = 0.42

Replace YMM with SMH for magical damage.

Collateral

Post#288 » Wed May 17, 2017 8:41 pm

Does it depend on what abilities are used first? How exactly does the stacking work anyway, they just add up or it's one on top of the other?

Ads
lilsabin

Post#289 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:44 pm

isnt ROCK'ARD something important ? it gives u shield...

Fey

Post#290 » Wed May 17, 2017 11:35 pm

I used Rock 'Ard for a bit. Absorbs aren't all that powerful, I believe it doesn't use toughness as it mitigates. Also most BO's aren't going in the Da Boss. I was specced up to Waaagh for a good couple months, but now I wouldn't go over Big Brawlin in Da Boss tree, unless I were in a bomb group which never happens. Then you want Waaagh for the Corp debuff.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan