Recent Topics

Ads

[Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Penril

Re: [Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Post#311 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:33 am

peterthepan3 wrote:Unless you already have a BO in the group/BG, you shouldn't give up the AoE snare.

Good to see you back, Penril :)
Thanks man. I deleted my Interface folder when I uninstalled though, so setting up all my stuff is really painful atm. Just chilling by the mailbox in IC for now, come say hi one of these days.

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#312 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:42 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:Unless you already have a BO in the group/BG, you shouldn't give up the AoE snare.
Well thats more party play, what if your running solo? would you still recommend big brawlin?

ragafury

Post#313 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:10 pm

if you go full solo 2hd... and you never should go full solo 2hd xD:

RoR.builders - Black Orc - 2hd Solo selfish alternative for a bit more self utility: RoR.builders - Black Orc - one more tool

as you see I wouldn't use the tactic. but ofc you should use AoE to flag everything for easy and fast done quests with big swing.

CYHMN makes burst and silence more often avaible.

That's at least my build. (I use the 2nd one)
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

Collateral

Post#314 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:20 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:
Well thats more party play, what if your running solo? would you still recommend big brawlin?
I use it all the time really. But well if you are running solo yes, I could say that you don't need it as much, plus the ability is really costly on your AP. For complete snowflake build, I would really recommend not going 2h. Take CHM with AP and heal tactics. You can also try Ave Another One for some more damage.

If you're 60+ rr you can try out this http://www.ror.builders/career/black-or ... =4498,4462. If you're 50+ just remove the additional block tactic and go with whatever you feel like you need, there's a decent amount of good tactics. You can take rugged or wounds for ultimate tanking, or maybe try out Unstoppable Juggernaut if you don't have RD 3. If you feel like you need more damage, take Ave Another One. Trust me your damage can still be nice without THC. Use a good amount of str talis and some offensive gear and you will be just fine. You can be pretty annoying with this spec, and deadly if left to do your stuff. And people usually do, when they see they are wasting damage on you and you're not going down like your typical LOLDPS 2h bos.

I'm still debating over the heal tactic though. Mine heals for 330 I think since I have aoe snare as well. But I feel like any amount of healing helps, especially if you're completely alone. Your heal bellow will proc every 10 seconds basically, and it won't heal for a whole lot, so you rely on your defenses. But I feel like additional 300 hp is not too bad.

I will try different specs and see how it works out. I just like testing things that people consider 'nonviable'. I hate when there is just one spec that 'beats them all' really, and that any cookie-cutter build has. It's too boring for me since I played this class for over a year :P

tazdingo

Post#315 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:04 pm

has anyone ever tried a guardbot build with bring em on + less stabbin me? somethin like this? - http://www.ror.builders/career/black-or ... ,4467,4474

thinking as a pub sc build. you bring your kd, ap drain, NiDF and a buffed SYF. you get all of BOs good ally buffs and the aoe kb to keep them safe. can grab thc or ymm, full biggest for stat steal

my main questions are A. can a BO really get parry high enough to make use of bring em on, B. would this offset the BOs otherwise poor self preservation compared to other tanks and C. is this just a complete waste of a BO

Collateral

Post#316 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:22 pm

I don't like this tactic. It sort of randomises your plans, since you don't know when you will parry, and you also might not even need the best plan in that moment. Plus parry for bos is really not high, unless you use like all the parry gear there is, so I don't see a point. I focus on block the most obviously.

About the build, why wouldn't you take THC or YMM or even both, instead of wasting those points? I did try this build. It's pretty decent. The KD can be very annoying, as you may know, since literally every order tank runs it. I'm not too sure about UJ, it can be very effective, but compared to some other tactics hmmm, will have to try it our more and see. I wouldn't replace block tactic with it, I consider it pretty much mandatory. But since I wouldn't run bring em on, you could use UJ instead.

Arteker616

Post#317 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:50 am

tazdingo wrote:has anyone ever tried a guardbot build with bring em on + less stabbin me? somethin like this? - http://www.ror.builders/career/black-or ... ,4467,4474

thinking as a pub sc build. you bring your kd, ap drain, NiDF and a buffed SYF. you get all of BOs good ally buffs and the aoe kb to keep them safe. can grab thc or ymm, full biggest for stat steal

my main questions are A. can a BO really get parry high enough to make use of bring em on, B. would this offset the BOs otherwise poor self preservation compared to other tanks and C. is this just a complete waste of a BO
Armbreaka doesnt make the cut . it get negated to easily by order ap pumps to even be efective.
http://www.ror.builders/career/black-or ... ,4467,4474
My standard build , i just run aoe snare in 6 man .
I run 2 tactics sets depening the sc , one more defensive with both block parry tactics and other[/url] swaping less stabbin me with gork smash .

Boss path is certainly useles, unless u run in a bomb wb or for aoe snare in a 6 man :Is very hard to balance bo offensive with defensive since massive chance to be critic and lack of defensive tools compared with other tanks make bo relative weak .

The massive nerfs of 1,2 realy broke the bork badly making him either morale pumper or brawler dps tank .

ragafury

Post#318 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:26 am

tazdingo wrote:has anyone ever tried a guardbot build with bring em on + less stabbin me? somethin like this? - http://www.ror.builders/career/black-or ... ,4467,4474

Not a big fan of skilling brawler without having THcombo. it's just one of your most dmg and disturbing skills, casters get set back multiple times under normal circumstances if they cast a fragile spell.
also what Grurfarg said, you gimp your reliability and most of the time the outcome is just a fast skullthumper cause of cooldowns.
however BOs parry is in BL high, for BO standards, I was on aprox 33% with Reflexes 3, not running any kind of parry specialized gear. besides the massive WS from BL, but basically, you get fast skullthumpers all over the place, and you have only the option to "shift down" via "changin da plan" which kinda makes everything just harder to play in my eyes tbh and the gud plans are most of the time the desired ones to skip, if you want to skip and if you not running aoe snare (all have low - med dmg, considerable cooldowns which than leads to other skills used, which than leads to a waste of GCDs, and so on). however I like Arm Breaka for small scale, AP costs are not that low on RP etc. I just use it after I'm done with Wot Armor and Follow me Lead in a perfect world / in an attrition scenario where the battle goes on for some time, and the healer is under much pressure.

I like this build in small scale: RoR.builders - Black Orc - general built with smallscale tactics and morales
This is btw. my standard built (not talking about tactics and morales), you can always play what you want, when you want besides ofc Boss tree bombing and THcombo + DYG. You have the options to run the specc I mentioned for smallscale / SC, which does a lot of dmg vs squishies. You can change tactics for WB, and if you are really bored you can get out ya 2hd Thumper and give it to them (rarely use the last option cause it sucks in my opinion, you have much pointless burst, no healdebuff and you can not really can kill other / new targets alone)..... but I've the option. Even though I don't use the 2hd option not that much, I've the feeling the flexibilty for the tactic is better spend as in +1 point boss. (always personal preference and min / max vs flexibility and utility (rarely, but sometimes the 2hd can win pug sc's (combined with anywhere trainer for fast renown reskill) if you lag dps). I'm such a filthy casual + cheap *ss. :O
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

Ads
Collateral

Post#319 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:17 am

Concerning the parry for BO, 33% is really not that high when you compare it to the levels some other tanks can get it to. SM can easily get to 100% afaik, and chosen to at least 90% (these two also have a crap load of absorb), and IB/BG are not that far either when it comes to defenses, with insanely high levels of disrupt. I think I don't even have to mention you lose HTL (which SM technically doesn't WHILE 2h, since he can increase his D/D with WoDS which is his core ability). BO is just so mediocre in all of it's defenses really. The only thing it can excel at is block, which you can theoratically get to over 100%, but I don't know what that would actually mean. Once I'm able to do it I will test it out, unless a dev can chim in right now and say if it would have any effect at all.

But another thing about CHM is that you basically have to gimp your build, since CHM is so costly. Only at very high RR can you make some sort of a build. I'm thinking about trying out this one http://www.ror.builders/career/black-or ... ,4462,4460. Although I still can't get block to 100%.

TenTonHammer

Post#320 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:43 am

Collateral wrote:Concerning the parry for BO, 33% is really not that high when you compare it to the levels some other tanks can get it to. SM can easily get to 100% afaik, and chosen to at least 90% (these two also have a crap load of absorb), and IB/BG are not that far either when it comes to defenses, with insanely high levels of disrupt. I think I don't even have to mention you lose HTL (which SM technically doesn't WHILE 2h, since he can increase his D/D with WoDS which is his core ability). BO is just so mediocre in all of it's defenses really. The only thing it can excel at is block, which you can theoratically get to over 100%, but I don't know what that would actually mean. Once I'm able to do it I will test it out, unless a dev can chim in right now and say if it would have any effect at all.

But another thing about CHM is that you basically have to gimp your build, since CHM is so costly. Only at very high RR can you make some sort of a build. I'm thinking about trying out this one http://www.ror.builders/career/black-or ... ,4462,4460. Although I still can't get block to 100%.

So how have you specd your rr?