Recent Topics

Ads

[Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Collateral

Re: [Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Post#401 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:24 pm

Penril wrote:BOs have an undefendable attack.
Yes but you have to spec for it. It is still a nice ability though.

Ads
Penril

Post#402 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:27 pm

Try this: Get a WL, then have him hit you until YMM procs and then use it on him, while at the same time a Chosen is attacking for a CS proc. Then Challenge him, and have him attack a guarded squishy (Sorc, Zealot, etc).

Then laugh at the WL's damage.

Collateral

Post#403 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:32 pm

Yep stacking these is a great way of shutting down the burst of dps classes. You need high RR though if you want to use snare as well. Even at RR 70+ you have to choose between NiDF and YMM if you really want it.

Dreadspectre

Post#404 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:13 pm

Penril wrote:BOs have an undefendable attack.
Which requires a shield and a block. Not what I was getting at.
Mrskullhead - DPS Zealot
Axeocalypse - 2H BO
Stayawhile - Magus
Pleasehammer Donthurtem - 2H WP
Fathermcgruder Arsekicker - RP
Poundtown - 2H IB

TenTonHammer

Post#405 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:10 pm

So I finally hit 40/40

And was finally able to max block and deft defender

What did you guys focus rr points into next?

Bozzax

Post#406 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:39 pm

DDIV, QE1, ini, some melee avoidance

(RD1, CW2 is nice as well)
Last edited by Bozzax on Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

ragafury

Post#407 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:02 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:So I finally hit 40/40

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#renown;000 ... 3000000300

this is my current spec for rr.

ini > 200
need at least 1 rank fs imho.

if you play oRvR (aka. skillless zerg, I consider parry as worst of all, block carries you)

short edit:
when my gear had no -crit chance I rolled with FS II, too.
atm. I'm at 0,7% chance to receive a crit.
Last edited by ragafury on Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

DokB

Post#408 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:07 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:So I finally hit 40/40

I usually max out Defender, a few points into Deft Defender (HtL covers the rest of it), at least 2 levels in Futile Strikes. That's on every build for scenarios or RvR. I feel you should always prioritise survival and the lesser crit chance since you're the squishiest tank.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Ads
Rathael87

Post#409 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:40 pm

After getting barely any healing in scenarios and being steamrolled by a crazy CSI oRvR group, I decided to give YMM and big brawlin' another try with maxed out defender. I'm up to 87% block with YMM so far. Still working towards the conq. Set bonus for 5% more.

Works really nicely against unorganized scenario groups. Even without healing I can distract several order back line for a long time.

The problem comes when I get ignored by organised groups. I can spam big brawlin' and stay close to my guard target, but sometimes they die regardless. It feels like even guard, challenge and big brawlin' are not enough to influence the scenario in our favour.

I'm wondering if I should drop the boss tree and go for gork smash again (without three hit combo). Id be giving up a tactic to fit smash and SYG together, but I don't know if its even worth the extra damage. Without THC the damage is hardly threatening to the usual 5 healers order have minimum.... but without smash and SYG, my damage is pretty much a flea bite and I'm relying purely on utility.

Collateral

Post#410 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:52 pm

With BO there's no real way of dealing suppressing burst damage without THC and gork smash, very simple. And for healers like wp, NiDF is especially good as well. As far as spamming snare and YMM/challenge against organized premades, you don't have to hope for much. If you lack a decent healer, which destro pug scs usually do, there's not much you can do by yourself, BO is not that type of tank. Sure you can be tanky, but without any other utility you will just be ignored like another pack of bricks on the road that can be snared/kd and be forgotten. Not to even mention that YMM massively reduces your movement speed. You can be snared into oblivion, and most often you will be.

For small scale I almost always run a dps build now. Full brawler and all those goodies. It's total cookie-cutter boring build but it's the meta and it's the best you can offer to an organized group, and even pug scs. For rvr you can switch to boss if you really want that aoe part, but it's not terribly necessary.