Recent Topics

Ads

[Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
xarax
Posts: 150

Re: [Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Post#721 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:15 am

i prefer a 2h offtank In Gunbad and City over a second snb tank, since it it just not needed and the dps gain is much more prefered
Zeal80 - Dok82 - Sham73
BO81 - BG80 - WE74

and tooooo many alts

Ads
User avatar
Whynoth
Posts: 17

Re: [Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Post#722 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:25 pm

I'd like some precisions / confirmations regarding the stats breakpoints being mentionned but not clarified earlier. My concern is primarily aimed at RvR SnB Bork
First up, current setup : RoR.builders - Black Orc
Swapping SHdR for rugged or Biggest if multiple warbands clash or funnel push.
Full Conq slotted for +toughness with Subj weaps & a mix of 3 Undying & 2 Everlasting Genesis. Saving up for SC MH and Vanq swap once I get 3+ pieces.

1. Initiative only works for reducing the baseline 15% crit, every bonus critical chance your attacker gets isn't affected by any overflow initiative / crit reduction, right ?
Therefore, when people talk about the necessity of Futile Strike 2-3 it's mostly a question of choosing the right tier of renown skill to complement your itemization budget on initiative.
There's no point in stacking Init / Crit reduction once you're at 0.0% crit recieved on your character sheet. (I disregard the dodge contribution from Init as there's already some accessible dodge bonus through genesis / renown tactic)

2. I assume Toughness is subject to the same softcap of 1050 as any other stat beside wounds. Because Toughness primary use is to reduce a large number of moderate damage sources, and doesn't affect guard damage and morale bombs, it isn't a desirable stat outside of Warband sized fights.
Considering that with a classic Waaagh setup, SMH grants 114 toughness. There isn't any benefit in stacking Toughness beyond 936, assuming no other buffs are applied, also not slotting rugged.
a. Is such a deep investment into toughness ever worth the loss of Armor stacking ?
b. Would a toughness score of 770 be considered enough for general purpose RvR gear ?
c. Where to set the balancing point ?

3. I find myself struggling to keep up Hold the Line when posturing / pushing against an enemy warband without using a combination of Da Greenest war bellow & Stop Hittin' Da Runts Tactic. I did ask around if that combination was a popular option before the Invader 6pcs bonus and the feedback was that Greenest didn't stack with armor pots or Shammy buffs & that I should stick to stats steal or wounds, therefore putting my passive AP regen theory in the gutter.
a. Is Stop Hittin' da runts usefull or should I stick to AP pots & use the tactic slot for Rugged, Biggest or Less Stabing me ?

thanks in advance.

User avatar
Alterkraft
Posts: 39

Re: [Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Post#723 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:22 am

Whynoth wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:25 pm
3. I find myself struggling to keep up Hold the Line when posturing / pushing against an enemy warband without using a combination of Da Greenest war bellow & Stop Hittin' Da Runts Tactic. I did ask around if that combination was a popular option before the Invader 6pcs bonus and the feedback was that Greenest didn't stack with armor pots or Shammy buffs & that I should stick to stats steal or wounds, therefore putting my passive AP regen theory in the gutter.
a. Is Stop Hittin' da runts usefull or should I stick to AP pots & use the tactic slot for Rugged, Biggest or Less Stabing me ?
Overthinking this entirely. The only thing you need (assuming you have competent healers) is block, block and more block.
I stack toughness tali wise and wounds tactic (this is up for debate as well since you can fairly easily reach 50% passive block and load off pressure quite easily with Can't Hit Me to reach 100% and let healers recover)

Only snb build you'll ever need:
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4464,7576

And Da Biggest! if there's a chosen in your group and Da Greenest if there isn't I guess.
The moral on block tactic is one of the prime jewels of a BO imho, again, assuming you're in a competent wb.
Motu | Mothu
<NGE>

User avatar
Whynoth
Posts: 17

Re: [Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Post#724 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:09 pm

thx for the feedback,
I do realise I was playing a little bit too passive, buffering a best plan, holding the line while escorting my dps into melee, unleashing a Waaagh, NIDF, SMH or DYG once contact is made, applying FML & TnN buffs before resuming HTL until something else happens. There're two distinct paths from no plan to best plan to apply buffs & debuffs, I can solve a lot of AP starvation by avoiding channel spam.

Regarding the initiative stacking & critical reduction interaction : I managed to find the thread where Secrets & Hagrim explained the critical calculation here, and it appears that I was wrong on the subject. You can reduce your opponent effective bonus critical chance. Since the post is close to 1 year old and there arent any obvious uproar thread on the subject since, I assume that post is still accurate.
Therefore it may be interesting to overcap on init / crit reduction to reduce the risk of death when faced with a Heal & armor debuffs + KD + physical abilities bomb.
I have yet to estimate a mean or median value of bonus crit chance for order physical dps standard specs but it does affect my itemization approach. (I doubt attempting to neuter BW crit chance is even a thing at this point)

Finally, the question of the stat breakpoints remains open.
Aiming for a 850 toughness baseline (without slotting rugged) seems adequate. Past that point, stacking armor looks like the way to go. What's the general consensus on the matter ? Are the other Toughness buffs on the same slot as SMH ? I assume Toughness pots are, but I havent tested it yet.
Overcapping on Wounds did look dodgy from my naïve PoV, but assuming we can achieve effective mitigation from physical damage spikes through armor stacking & block / parry / dodge, it's probably the best way to increase our effective health. Also doubling up as the only defense against morale bomb makes Da Biggest tactic pretty neat.

User avatar
Kalterftw
Posts: 20

Re: [Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Post#725 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:14 am

Alterkraft wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:22 am
Whynoth wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:25 pm
3. I find myself struggling to keep up Hold the Line when posturing / pushing against an enemy warband without using a combination of Da Greenest war bellow & Stop Hittin' Da Runts Tactic. I did ask around if that combination was a popular option before the Invader 6pcs bonus and the feedback was that Greenest didn't stack with armor pots or Shammy buffs & that I should stick to stats steal or wounds, therefore putting my passive AP regen theory in the gutter.
a. Is Stop Hittin' da runts usefull or should I stick to AP pots & use the tactic slot for Rugged, Biggest or Less Stabing me ?
Overthinking this entirely. The only thing you need (assuming you have competent healers) is block, block and more block.
I stack toughness tali wise and wounds tactic (this is up for debate as well since you can fairly easily reach 50% passive block and load off pressure quite easily with Can't Hit Me to reach 100% and let healers recover)

Only snb build you'll ever need:
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4464,7576

And Da Biggest! if there's a chosen in your group and Da Greenest if there isn't I guess.
The moral on block tactic is one of the prime jewels of a BO imho, again, assuming you're in a competent wb.
Am doing same build and love it currently 5pc Invader, my only question is this, at RR70 is Stop Hittin' da Runts worth it? Was thinking of dropping Wounds Tact for it and Running Block-Morale pump-Waagh-Stop Hittin as tactics. I have over 9k hp and 700 tough without wounds/Tough tactics. Would make me a HTL/CHM battery.

Any thoughts on this?
Image

User avatar
Noslock
Posts: 179

Re: [Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Post#726 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:41 am

Nah not worth givin away 160 wounds for that.If you have ap problem your zealot in party is doin sometin wrong
Image

sealnpenguin
Posts: 1

Re: [Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Post#727 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:41 pm

Hello.

I've just started the game and want to play as a 2h BO.
Anyone got a build that works well??
Some suggestions to what to do while leveling is also much appreciated.

Kind regards.

User avatar
DokB
Legacy RR80
Posts: 516

Re: [Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Post#728 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:45 pm

Spoiler:
sealnpenguin wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:41 pm
Hello.

I've just started the game and want to play as a 2h BO.
Anyone got a build that works well??
Some suggestions to what to do while leveling is also much appreciated.

Kind regards.
Play SnB while levelling and only swap to 2H once you’ve hit RR50-60 and have at least full dominator from scenarios. 2H still requires a decent group to support.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Ads
Basuza
Posts: 6

Re: [Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Post#729 » Mon May 04, 2020 11:18 am

Hi guys, can anybody give me an update on gearing for 2hand guide after dominator/beastlord?
The 10% taunt seems so strong i actuall ydont know if or with what i should exchange it, new player so still not totally clear about strength of stats vs. certain set bonuses
Any help is appreciated :)

User avatar
Noslock
Posts: 179

Re: [Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Post#730 » Wed May 06, 2020 2:30 pm

Basuza wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 11:18 am
Hi guys, can anybody give me an update on gearing for 2hand guide after dominator/beastlord?
The 10% taunt seems so strong i actuall ydont know if or with what i should exchange it, new player so still not totally clear about strength of stats vs. certain set bonuses
Any help is appreciated :)
Bloodlord and then 5 Sov Dps + 3 opp or bloodlord or wl makes a nice 2h set
Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests