Recent Topics

Ads

[Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
DokB

Re: [Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Post#491 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:35 pm

Darsil wrote:Hey all, with all the recent changes for BO, what do you think about this spec for RVR/SC :

http://www.ror.builders/career/black-or ... ,4466,4483

What about the gear? Mix defensive/offensive?
Gear: Mix Domi/BL or Conq/BL, whichever you prefer.
Use that build to assist off your guarded MDPS with the Red Frenzy buff/Skull Thumper. In SC, perhaps drop Loudmouth and pick up Big Swing, the snare is still decent in small scale but it's up to you since Loudmouth really synergises well with THC/Skull Thumper/SYG/Gork Smash if everything starts going off at once. Preferably get a Sorc/SH in your group and they will enjoy the corp debuff. If you're going to run Gork Smash/SYG, I find it's best to go all the way up to THC to get those big juicy crit chains + Skull Thumper procs.

In RvR, I'd advise swapping out SYG for Moral Pump.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Ads
Collateral

Post#492 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:42 pm

A slightly weird spec tbh. Gork smash with waaagh is not used often. It's not bad for rvr, but I wouldn't recommend using GS in rvr, or stab you gooder for that matter. As Dalgri said, if you want to go damage, go full brawler with dominator gear. That's your cookie-cutter spec for scs.

I wouldn't recommend going full BL, especially against giant blobs. For the longest time I've been using it in rvr, but it just wasn't worth it. You are simply too squishy as you sacrifice a lot of defensive bonuses. And having a proper tank is far more important in large scale fights. Taking waaagh or KD for chop fasta still makes you useful in wbs, not to mention the stat steal you can proc with the aoe abilities.

There isn't quite a single spec that you can use in both large rvr and scs. Loudmouth is amazing for small scale, but not so much in rvr, where you have to focus on tanking. Although the spec you posted is pretty close. I would take the aoe snare when you reach rr 50. It's still not entirely useless. Perhaps you can even take it now instead of the bubble. Imo the group bubble is very meh, SMs is better by a mile, but it is what it is. I did actually run this spec once or twice in scs, it wasn't totally bad. You can still do decent damage as well, when you run dps gear. The tactics you can change as the situations require. If you're in an rdps heavy group, go with the snare. I wouldn't recommend SYG in your build though.

I will be running this in wbs from now on most likely http://www.ror.builders/career/black-or ... ,4462,4467. The AP tactic pretty much gives you infinite AP. Which in turn means you can HTL or CHM infinitely. Just one big swing or waaagh and you're back to full AP. You can also change waaagh for chop fasta, whatever the wb requires. For gear I will probably go full conq or conq/ruin for the armour bonus. So full tank mode.

In the end, it all depends on what you want to do with yourself. If you want damage, go with the spec Dalgri posted. If you want to be a support tank (real tank), go with your spec, or the one I posted.

ragafury

Post#493 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:25 pm

above 70 speccs:

warband spec
note: if you want to spam CHM you need a Zealot in group. anyway I don't commend spamming CHM. I rather use at as a short turtle tool and than shift back to offensive / debuff mode with waaagh.

smallscale spec
note: I like to run this for CC and buff reasons and obviously ST dmg.

The Unicorn
note: good vs melee setups, still very situational

How I would specc atm sub 70 or low RR (RR40 since OP posted an RR40 specc):

RvR largescale specc 1
Note: if you have atm. close to nothing and start playing RvR, I would roll with this. tree got buffed so some classes can make a benefit out of this and it amps cleansing and healing and counters SL (unreliable, but at least it's an oppurtunity to counter it)

RvR largescale specc 2
note: this one, with better gear / aka. leaned more towards conq and away from ruin

shitty RR smallscale specc
note: big swing is highly arguable imo. can also run clobber tactic or whatever,.. loudmouth critchance critdamage. depends. think all have now the same value and become situatinal. It gets more value however if you don't run a shaman for sticky feetz.

all smallscale speccs: gear should be dom merc BL / dom BL / full dom. something like that.
jewelry hard to say. since you posted an RR40 specc I say get merc, winds set, than star replacing it with dom asap if you want to stick to SC's smallscale.
at some point you will want to get genesis warrior set or genesis everlasting, depending on group comp, skill bla bla bla.
best would be to get both. subju wep drops RvR too. you want that in my opinion for smallscale or the big fat SCII wep, not sure if 1k tokens worth tbh / time investment. if you play that much SC you will get it anyway.

for RvR obvious ruin into conq if you play large scale.

if you are in a roam group I commend running multiple tactic sets, one for pure DPS and one for tankyness, and switch on demand pre engage, so you have a chance to kite stuff.

gotta say though, my roaming / smallscale / sc days are pretty much over on this char since his gear is done, so I haven't used one of these speccs since recent changes (excluding obviously RvR). I only roam if I have a decent 6 man setup. otherwise I invest my time in other toons and games and only log for largescale primetime.

that's all my opinion, nobody has to agree. have fun with each other. ;)
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

DokB

Post#494 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:14 am

How are you all finding the new DYG?

Check out this spicy meme spec. waronlinebuilder.org - Black Orc build
Having a no cooldown THC (unless interrupted) is pretty amusing I have to admit. Shame about dropping NiDF but the Chop Faster buff benefits your group slightly more than the 4 second immunity and the CD increaser I’ve found. You hit like a truck and you have decent selection tactics to swap between depending on the situation.
It’s a lot of fun if nothing else, kinda jealous of SM having Whispering Winds for so long. :D
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

ragafury

Post#495 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:33 pm

Not even a meme specc imo.
I use it as smallscale spec. (posted above)
3 sec kd with good tool tip dmg is on is own pretty good. The ww is pretty fine for the grp you are in.

I only play pug SC though.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

Darsil

Post#496 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:58 pm

Wow thanks a lot guys ! There's so many builds and variation available, that's pretty cool.

I will try all of these builds until I find the one I'm the most comfortable with ^^

BTW, what means HTL and CHM?

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#497 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:04 pm

HTL= Hold the Line, ability all tanks get that provides disrupt/dodge for you and all group members behind you.

CHM=Can't Hit Me, a channeled ability black orcs can get that increases their block chance while halving movement speed.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Darsil

Post#498 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:59 pm

HTL= Hold the Line, ability all tanks get that provides disrupt/dodge for you and all group members behind you.

CHM=Can't Hit Me, a channeled ability black orcs can get that increases their block chance while halving movement speed.
Thanks ! OFC I knew those spells and what they do, but I didn't get the acronym ^^

So, if I'm going DPS : full Dom or Dom/Bl, and if I'm going tanky : Conq. But before that? Because those set are end game set right? ^^

Merc/Bl for dps and Full Ruin for tanking before Dom/Conq? Am I right? Winds for jewelery in any case, then genesis (no clue about the last one), and what about the weapons for both DPS and Tank spec? SC one's?

For RR points, I was thinking to go Block + Dodge/Dispell + DD

Ads
DokB

Post#499 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:08 am

Green gear from the renown merchants in IC to start you off then go into the following:
Ruin/Anni for Tanking
Merc/BL for DPS
Conq is current BiS
Dom is current BiS
BL should be considered essential as well so try to secure that if possible, BL should be available for the next few months (maybe).

Winds Impervious is always a good investment for most classes. Genesis comes from t4 blue bags (they also drop in lower tier pairings but I'm not exactly sure what bags they come in). SC weapons for DPS and Tank spec are your best bet as acquiring Subjugator gear (t4 purple bags) can take a random amount of time, usually a long time. The super expensive 1000+ Conq Emblem weapons are just as good if not better than Subjugator weapons.

Play around with mixing the sets to find what suits you best. Remember that you can convert down Conq Emblems/Medallions into Officer's so you can get Anni/Merc extremely quick.

Spot on for RR points: Take a look at your initiative as well, you want to either boost that or invest into Futile Strikes or gear that reduces your chance to be critically hit. BO has the lowest base initiative and gain of the tank archetype (tied with Ironbreaker I believe).

@Raga

Ah okay, rorbuilder links don't work for me on my work computer so I'm stuck with viewing warbuilder only. Good to see some other tanks are running that build though, our Sorcs love the Chop Fasta buff and DYG critting tanks for 700 with a SnB is funny as hell.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Darsil

Post#500 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:28 am

Green gear from the renown merchants in IC to start you off then go into the following:
Ruin/Anni for Tanking
Merc/BL for DPS
Conq is current BiS
Dom is current BiS
BL should be considered essential as well so try to secure that if possible, BL should be available for the next few months (maybe).
Ok so I was right ^^. I will farm BL as soon as possible, I know it's sort of an "event" that stay IG a few months or so.
Winds Impervious is always a good investment for most classes. Genesis comes from t4 blue bags (they also drop in lower tier pairings but I'm not exactly sure what bags they come in). SC weapons for DPS and Tank spec are your best bet as acquiring Subjugator gear (t4 purple bags) can take a random amount of time, usually a long time. The super expensive 1000+ Conq Emblem weapons are just as good if not better than Subjugator weapons.
About the weapons, do I have to farm 4000 conq emblem...? (2 swords + 2 shields for 2 spec) or could I pick 1 sword and 1 shield for both spec? Because 4000 conq Emblem..I mean damn...
Play around with mixing the sets to find what suits you best. Remember that you can convert down Conq Emblems/Medallions into Officer's so you can get Anni/Merc extremely quick.
If I need at least 2000 conq emblem, I'm not sure I'm gonna convert any emblem to get the "mid" set lol.
Spot on for RR points: Take a look at your initiative as well, you want to either boost that or invest into Futile Strikes or gear that reduces your chance to be critically hit. BO has the lowest base initiative and gain of the tank archetype (tied with Ironbreaker I believe).
How many do I need for init? BTW, is there any cap in strentgh/toughness etc?
And yeah I meant Block/DD/FS, my bad ^^

SOrry for all that questions, but I wanna be as optimal as possible :)