Recent Topics

Ads

[Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
andersensnorre

Re: [Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Post#561 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:03 am

So ugh I've been reading around the forums and I always get sent this way regarding BO builds.

So I will keep this short, seeing as Renown points are so easily changed (Free of cost), it is fine to just tailor them for the moment (ur current gear etc.)

I already have a full tank chosen, and it is fun. However SnB off tank BO tickles my fancy. After around 10-20 minutes of reading around on forums I've put this build together for a somewhat SnB dps specced off-tank;

http://www.ror.builders/career/black-or ... ,4467,4483

I guess my question is whether or not it's ''viable'' (god I hate that word), cause it looks fun to use! Also I wouldn't mind maybe some advice where to put the last points, I was thinking Not in da Face! but I am not quite sure whether or not I should just put the points someplace else to boost other abilities of respective trees.

Thanks in advance if people still comment on this age old thread.

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#562 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:48 am

andersensnorre wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:03 am

I guess my question is whether or not it's ''viable'' (god I hate that word), cause it looks fun to use! Also I wouldn't mind maybe some advice where to put the last points, I was thinking Not in da Face! but I am not quite sure whether or not I should just put the points someplace else to boost other abilities of respective trees.
Yes its defiantly viable, if i had any "complaints", with your build it would be the can you hearz me now tactic, i dont think its worth

i would rather take Da Biggest or Rugged for some more survieability

The value of not in da face comes from its cooldown increaser component that is espically good vs classes like runepriest for gutting the effectiveness of their flash heal

Arteker616

Post#563 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:05 am

TenTonHammer wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:48 am
andersensnorre wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:03 am

Yes its defiantly viable, if i had any "complaints", with your build it would be the can you hearz me now tactic, i dont think its worth

i would rather take Da Biggest or Rugged for some more survieability

The value of not in da face comes from its cooldown increaser component that is espically good vs classes like runepriest for gutting the effectiveness of their flash heal
agree not in da face is a must have for bos , it helps alot agaisnt casters , a well place nidf followed of a silence at low hps on healer while u cover ur mdps wich is doing the hd on healer is one of the best support tools the bork can offer as a tank

SilentMorbus

Post#564 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:37 am

Less stabbin' me tact is not viable? i found it pretty usefull lately

michela89

Post#565 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:56 am

SilentMorbus wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:37 am Less stabbin' me tact is not viable? i found it pretty usefull lately
I would say it's atleast usable, but it needs to be used in place of Da biggest or in that build linked above Can youz hear me now?. Unless you want to drop the 2 dmg tactics.

btw Not in da face! not worth it?
although my problem with it is Step 3 of BO chains is crowded as hell.

DokB

Post#566 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:10 am

NiDF is your best utility skill outside of stat steal. If you are going up Brawler then you should always take it. The only time you wouldn't take it is when you are running the meme spec THC/DYG/GS. Not only do you take it to mess with healers, but you take it to mess with Swordmasters. Cooldown increasers on classes like BO/SM really limits their rotations and if applied at the right time, can shut down them down hard (SM not being able to spam WoDS immediately after you taunt them out of it is probably the best example I can think of right now). The immunities are also very good when dealing with WL/WH with their openers as you can save team mates if you give them immunties at the right time. It also helps your own healers against stagger attempts.

tl;dr its a must have if speccing Brawler.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

SilentMorbus

Post#567 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:31 pm

does Tunnfer 'n Nails armor bonus stacks with We'z Bigger in path of the boss?

ragafury

Post#568 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:09 pm

no, and it doesn't stack with armor potions.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

Ads
gerard86

Post#569 » Tue May 15, 2018 3:15 am

Hey guys, for my BO, im currently enjoying a SnB style of play for both 6 man, scens and warband play.

Im not 40 yet and i was wondering, since im in the midst of farming the ruin set.

I actually have enough emblems for my annihilator set but the set bonuses of ruin look so good with the armour.

I know that after im in full annihilator i got to go farm beastlord, then after that ill just wait for conq.

My question is , what would be the best peices to wear before conq?
what would be the correct talismans in the gear provided my build is a utility CHM/NIDF build?
What is the correct bellow to use?

Thanks !

Dabbart

Post#570 » Tue May 15, 2018 3:26 am

Initiative, and reduced chance to be crit is your friend. BOs have comically low Initiative, and as such you will be suffering a LOT of crits. After that, Block/Parry/Dodge/Disrupt for RR. Talisman wise it's what you can afford. I ran full +24 initiative talis. Toughness/wounds/armor can work as well though. Depends what you find kills you the most often.

You can also say Waaagh! And slot STR tali's. BOs have good DPS even in "defensive" gear/builds.

Double check that armor math between Anni/Ruin.

Feet 565/481
glove 565/505
shoulder 636/581
head 649/568
body 721/646

anni total armor:3,136 Ruin total Armor: 2,781. Ruin adds 630 for 3,411 total.
https://wiki.returnofreckoning.com/inde ... ilator_Set
https://wiki.returnofreckoning.com/inde ... s#Ruin_Set

Full ruin is 275 extra armor. If you want to go Ruin, it's because you care more about Block than Parry/reduced chance to be crit. 275 armor isn't worth the stat point differences(imo), and don't sniff at 320 ele resistance when BWs start lighting you up.

My suggestion? Try both. See how you feel. That extra 7% block can be awesome. But anni isn't "wrong" either. You can also mix and match... Also, search the Wiki for the Winds Impervious set. The BEST defensive lowbie jewelry set, gives +25 ini and +240 armor set bonus' and carries the best overall Resistances you can get.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.