Recent Topics

Ads

[Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Voodoom

Re: [Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Post#511 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:26 am

I **** up, I'm level 32 and RR 30. So I'm already with the big boys and I was surprisingly pleased that bolster is good enough to not render me totally useless.
Thanks for the advices.
And what about the spec ? Is THC the way to go or should I use a more supportive spec with Waaagh and Rock'Ard while leveling to 40 ?
Panzerk - Black Orc

Ads
Collateral

Post#512 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:23 pm

Yea you can play more as a supporting tank for now. You can use the aoe snare and absorb bubble. If you really want, you can go with the left tree, take THC and nidf. But I think that learning to tank and support dps should be your primary focus until you're 40/40. You can start getting ruin gear also, it's a solid set. Practice your rotations, guard swapping and punting (never waste your punt and give free immunity, it's quite situational).

gerard86

Post#513 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:58 am

hey guys im only level 18, but im not new to the game but new to tanking.

In scens i usually make a beeline for the healers to harass them but i dont have any sort of displacement or CC abilities yet so i cant do any punting yet.

My question is that , i know that i need to apply debuffs etc. I have a few questions for more experienced BOs.

1) What war bellow to use now and what to use at endgame, ill be using a spec of DYG,CHM and rock ard for support play at 40/40.

2) what tree to level first ? DYG tree or rock ard tree?

3) gearwise what am i supposed to slot in my talisman slots? strength or armour? im trying to be tanky but i think i have failed to find the balance between tankiness and damage. I notice that i can beat on a healer and not pose a real risk to him at all especially RPs.(they can flash)

4) i dont know but sometimes order seems to have around 4-5 healers in SCs so there is a problem because destro cannot kill anyone and i dont really know what to do.Should i be supporting the frontline by endlessly hitting random tanks and dps or go alone to the backline to just endlessly plink away at a random healer? seems ineffective anyone has a good suggestion?

Collateral

Post#514 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:43 am

First of all, never go for backlines alone. It's completely pointless, and you're doing your team mates a disservice. Stay on guard range and assist dps. Second, as a tanky tank you won't do any damage to healers whatsoever. So that's nothing unusual. There's no point in beating on a healer alone. You can silence them when you assist a dps that's focusing them. But you don't have a silence yet afaik.

1. Use da biggest pretty much always. Stat steal is basically the best bellow you have. Other two are for specific situations where you have to go on a defensive.

2. Personally I would go for middle tree and take chm, if you wanna tank properly. Kd you can take last.

3. If you want to be an actual tank, you won't need a lot of str talis. Take armour, ini and some toughness if you feel like you need it. You can take a couple str talis so it's not too low, and to be able to land your hits. As I said before, if you really want to play as a tank, your role is not to beat on a healer. So get that into your head. If you on the other hand want to pose a more serious threat, you have dps builds in this thread.

4. This is simple really. You should ALWAYS support the frontline. If the enemy has a crap load of healers and maybe lacks dps, try to focus the healers with your team. But this is all really unimportant to you for now. Don't worry about such things. Practice tanking and team play first. The rest will come when you get to 40/40.

I would recommend to find yourself a group when you get to t4. If you will pug scs, expect to see a lot of different situations. There isn't quite a single thing I can tell you that will solve all your problems. You just have to practice and get experience. Then you will know what to do and when to do it.

gerard86

Post#515 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:50 pm

thanks for your reply mate ill spec and change my playstyle, thanks for your time

nelsonus

Post#516 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:26 pm

Just came back after about a year+ hiatus. Was running around in my old build, loving the orc life, but then i realized that some abilities had changed. Maybe time to change up the spec??!?!

Can someone give me a brief rundown of the changes, and their best uses, like Chop Fasta buff and Red Frenzy?
Racta - black orc

Collateral

Post#517 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:45 pm

Personally, I have no idea why bo got chop fasta. I didn't see anyone asking for it, and it didn't seem like it was necessary (and it makes choppa even more useless in warbands). But oh well.

Chop fasta is a nice buff to give your group and has a number of different synergies, be it in a warband or a small scale party. Hence I run it both in warbands and in small scale. Red frenzy on the other hand...meh. Never used it after bo got chop fasta. The aa speed increase is just meh compared to cd reduction, in any environment.

You have all the builds you can possibly want in this thread, so read carefully, and have fun :)

DokB

Post#518 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:58 pm

nelsonus wrote:Just came back after about a year+ hiatus. Was running around in my old build, loving the orc life, but then i realized that some abilities had changed. Maybe time to change up the spec??!?!

Can someone give me a brief rundown of the changes, and their best uses, like Chop Fasta buff and Red Frenzy?
Another thing to note is Big Brawlin tactic got changed so that if you equip it, it puts Big Swing onto 10 second cd. So no more snare spam. :(

Rock ‘Ard now also gives teammates the bubble effect if they’re within 80ft I believe, but it’s still a very underwhelming ability due to obvious reasons.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Ads
Collateral

Post#519 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:23 pm

Oh true. These two are so useless I forgot they even exist :D

TenTonHammer

Post#520 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:36 am

Collateral wrote:Oh true. These two are so useless I forgot they even exist :D

Rock Ard i can understand but you also feel big brawlin is useless now?

Granted it does screw with our good plan set up.....