Recent Topics

Ads

[Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Raefar

Re: [Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Post#531 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:12 pm

DamnOuttaSyrup wrote:Looking for a good recommendation on a Rvr/SC small roam build, rotation and gear recommendation. Looking to have solid tank build with high survival I lift and enough damage output to be useful in a fight.
Honestly, just giving you a general build isn’t going to help much. Different group need different tools, such as I duo with a dps chosen so we run me being tank heavy and specced for chop faster. It works for us but its a very niche play style.

Run what you like, BO can fill a wide range of roles.
Last edited by Raefar on Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Collateral

Post#532 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:13 pm

Dps chosen and tank bo? That's almost like an oxymoron haha. I would advise you to switch the roles. You go balls deep dps, and chosen to go brick wall mode. It can work very nicely as that's what each of these classes excel at.

Raefar

Post#533 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:16 pm

Looking to do that but atm he out gears/ rr by a lot so easily pulls 180-250k damage a sc. Tanking gear is far easier to come by

TenTonHammer

Post#534 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:36 pm

I wonder how much of that is just from the spirit fluff damage aura instead of real dmg

Madcatmech
Suspended

Post#535 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:41 pm

Dunno why a chosen cant go dps. You got a powerful resist debuff thats passive and 100% uptime plus Ravage hits only slightly less than Dazzling Strike (3rd highest SM burst ability) and is spammable.

Collateral

Post#536 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:53 pm

Well you can have pretty nice offensive stats even at lower rr. Stack mercenary and bl bonuses, and if you can pull of a dominator bonus as well, with some str talis it's even better. You can reach 700+ str I'm pretty sure. I personally don't think chosen is where it used to be in the older days. He can pull of some nice dmg, but he can't really put high pressure on targets. He lacks burst. He's a buff/debuff bot. Bo on the other hand has great burst potential. Your main offensive skill is THC, but there are others as well that you incorporate in your rotations, like shut yer face and skull thumper. Plus you can stack high amounts of crit with your tactic.

I recommend to try it out. At lower levels I advise you to stay away from 2h though, you need good gear and high rr to pull it off effectively. But as snb, you can be a nice dps class.

Raefar

Post#537 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:58 pm

Already played the spec, very similar to what I played on my 40/94 on live. I’m very familiar with what a BO can do when you have the gear for it. As of right now I only have the BL set and ruin, I’m playing if mostly support. Yes I could run 4 bl, 2 mercy and 2 Ann but I don’t have the gold to get talisman yet

Collateral

Post#538 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:38 pm

Start lvling tali making :) Bo can farm mobs very easily, so you can take either salvaging or scavenging really.

Ads
Mcz

Post#539 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:38 pm

Read all the pages and im overwhelmed by al the builds, roles, RRspecs,...I also read the mara thread and there was a very usefull post for lvling Mara with spec, tactics, RR distribution, and also rotations.

I know mara is easy as its dps mainly and options arent as plenty as BO but even after reading the whole thread im still at square 1...So im wondering should i make a new thread with this specific question or can anyone list maybe a Tank build for lvling to 40/40 and a dps build for leveling to 40/40? As of 24/12/2017. Along with Renown distribution and rotations pls?

I would sure appreciate and im sure many others will too.

Maybe as a Xmas present for all us baby BO's?

Collateral

Post#540 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:07 pm

Mcz wrote:Read all the pages and im overwhelmed by al the builds, roles, RRspecs,...I also read the mara thread and there was a very usefull post for lvling Mara with spec, tactics, RR distribution, and also rotations.

I know mara is easy as its dps mainly and options arent as plenty as BO but even after reading the whole thread im still at square 1...So im wondering should i make a new thread with this specific question or can anyone list maybe a Tank build for lvling to 40/40 and a dps build for leveling to 40/40? As of 24/12/2017. Along with Renown distribution and rotations pls?

I would sure appreciate and im sure many others will too.

Maybe as a Xmas present for all us baby BO's?
viewtopic.php?f=71&t=23651 This fellow was wondering the same thing. I explained everything I know about the class, lvling etc. in that thread, so I won't repeat myself here again.