Recent Topics

Ads

[Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
DokB

Re: [Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Post#501 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:42 am

Only suggesting that you convert emblems/medallions since I don’t know how fast you can normally win your scenarios/RvR or what timezone you play in since that matters a lot in regards to how fast you can get action to gear up. For example It took me a few hours a night, for two nights to get full Merc/Anni on my Shaman for example and I play during the dead hours of the server where nothing happens and you’re lucky to get 1 SC pop every 20 minutes, so it really doesn’t take you long to get relatively well geared.
I’d strongly recommend getting Merc/Anni since it can take quite a long time to save up for Dom/Conq and you won’t be stuck in Ruin/Green.

In regards to crit: Obviously you want to get your chance to be crit as low as possible even when running in a DPS spec. Having at least 225-250 Initiative is a good start. You can get this by slotting 1 or 2 high end initiative talis, Winds Impervious gives +25 on its (2) bonus or by running jewellery with high initiative values.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Ads
Collateral

Post#502 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:31 am

The 1k sc weapons are absolutely not necessary. The officer ones are just fine. Hell, I still roll with an officer weapon in my tank gear. The price for these weapons is just ridiculous, and unless you spend more than 6 hours every day at least, don't hope to get them fast. I still don't even have full domi, miss about 60 emblems for the chest. I recommend to go for armour sets first, then weapons. Don't forget you have 3 epic quests where you can choose your weapons. There is a shield that has an absorb proc, just like the subjugator one, but ofc not as good. Also for my dps spec, I use the purple weapon from t4 greenskins influence. So all in all, you can gear up pretty fast with very decent gear, then start the grindfest for bis gear (which is really not even that necessary).

Darsil

Post#503 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:15 am

Hey guys !

Sooo I got full ruin set, full BL set and 2 pieces Ani. I'm actually running full BL + 2 pieces Ani.
I was also lucky enough today to get the subjugator shield on an easy Praag lock ;)

I'm headed now to get Merc/Dom/Conq.

I was wondering, in a DPS oriented spec, is it worth to run 5 Conq + 4 BL + all strenght talis, to be more survivable than in Dom set?

I was also thinking about a spec, to deal good damage in AOE + solo, what do you think? :
http://www.ror.builders/career/black-or ... ,4462,4481

Fey

Post#504 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:33 am

The spec with t'ree hit and Waaagh is unviable imo. Even with cooldown, big swing still fulfills the role of stat steal, especially if you wait to use it after KD and your free chop faster, which is only reason to run Waaagh. The only class who can take full advantage of the Corp debuff is sorc, and there is some crap there like Disasterous Cascade being spirit, so even bomb sorc can't fully exploit it. I'd love to see a BO Sorc hurt train, but im unaware of one. Corp debuffing for skull thumper is just fail, don't even bother, use taunt instead.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

DokB

Post#505 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:04 am

As someone who runs full Conq with STR talis, I would advise slotting it with more defensive talis. In hindsight, I feel I would prefer to be more tanky if I’m running Conq since the STR talis in the set will only help you with skills like THC and for giving good assist damage to your guard target/not getting parried. And if you want to go DPS spec, then just go 5 Dom/4 BL or full Dom.

Conq should be your RvR set if you ever want to do that. It can work as a DPS spec, but again it’s better to just go for Dom. You’ll break 500+ STR if you go all Str talis in Conq, combine that with a pot/stat steal and you’ll be around 600+ STR which is a good level to be for an offtank DPS spec. Your toughness will be around 450-500 or so but you can combined that with a pot/stat steal and your morale 2 to get around 700 toughness which is also a decent level to be at.

So yes, it can work but I feel it would be more beneficial to my group if I was more tanky.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Darsil

Post#506 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:36 am

The spec with t'ree hit and Waaagh is unviable imo. Even with cooldown, big swing still fulfills the role of stat steal, especially if you wait to use it after KD and your free chop faster, which is only reason to run Waaagh. The only class who can take full advantage of the Corp debuff is sorc, and there is some crap there like Disasterous Cascade being spirit, so even bomb sorc can't fully exploit it. I'd love to see a BO Sorc hurt train, but im unaware of one. Corp debuffing for skull thumper is just fail, don't even bother, use taunt instead.
Meh...I thought all Sorcerer's skill was Corporeal damage...And yeah I thought to skull thumper after the debuff, but why is it a fail?
As someone who runs full Conq with STR talis, I would advise slotting it with more defensive talis. In hindsight, I feel I would prefer to be more tanky if I’m running Conq since the STR talis in the set will only help you with skills like THC and for giving good assist damage to your guard target/not getting parried. And if you want to go DPS spec, then just go 5 Dom/4 BL or full Dom.

Conq should be your RvR set if you ever want to do that. It can work as a DPS spec, but again it’s better to just go for Dom. You’ll break 500+ STR if you go all Str talis in Conq, combine that with a pot/stat steal and you’ll be around 600+ STR which is a good level to be for an offtank DPS spec. Your toughness will be around 450-500 or so but you can combined that with a pot/stat steal and your morale 2 to get around 700 toughness which is also a decent level to be at.

So yes, it can work but I feel it would be more beneficial to my group if I was more tanky.
Thanks for the advices !

DokB

Post#507 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:03 am

In regards to the build: I’d only run Waaagh if I was in a 2+ Sorc group or a zergbuster group (I would then run DYG and Waaagh since THC isn’t required since AoE is more important). The AA+ haste doesn’t affect you much since you will not be able to utilise it during THC where you can’t AA until the channel is complete. If I was in a melee train, I would still run DYG since Chop Fasta gives the real DPS classes some extremely brutal cooldowns such as 5 second Guillotine/Gut Ripper, No CD Gloombursts etc. The Skull Thumper proc damage is already fairly good, the boost you get from it pushes it up a bit but not so much that its extremely noticeable I’ve found.

If small man is your thing, just see what your group wants, do they want DYG/Chop Fasta or Big Swing snare which is still decent.

DYG benefits your whole group with CD reductions while Waaagh only really benefits Sorcs/DPS Zealots and other MDPS with Red Frenzy.
BO has excellent single target damage/pressure from skills and while you can get half decent damage from AoE spam like Big Swing/Waaagh, you should use them only as a way to maximise your chance at stealing stats unless you are actually are running some kind of bombing Sorc group or if you want to make a DPS Zealot fall in love with you.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Collateral

Post#508 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:15 am

If you want to go dps, don't even bother with waaagh. It can be utilised in a warband, as said, but not so often. Chop fasta buff helps pretty much everyone in the group, and waaagh only helps sorc. So it's quite pointless (sorc was also nerfed with chop fasta, so running sorcs in wbs is also pretty useless anyway). You can't really build an amazing spec that's good in warbands and small scale, so don't even try. If you're in a warband, spec for warband. If you're in a group, spec for group. Soloing is different from playing in a group tho.

To be a tank that can seriously put on the hurt, go full domi and try stacking as much crit as you can (crit from rr will help you with that). I'm currently on 11% crit, which is basically 31% on all your big hitters like thc and dyg. And the damage is insane. With 620 str my biggest crit was 1400 on a squishy, and that's without using the +25% crit dmg tactic. Trust me, I tried all the builds, mixing and matching, from 500 str to 800 str. Crit is just the best. If you wanna deal damage, focus on dealing damage. There is no point in running conq, even if you put all str talis in it. Don't get me wrong, conq is an excellent set for soloing, I would always use the 5p bonus. But if you're in a melee group with decent healers, it's pointless. If you really want to be more tanky, I recommend to go with chm. It will be your panic button. Also use the block tactic, I use it in every single build. Toughness helps as well in my dps build. I would be at about 340 without it lol. So as you can see, I'm not total, uber dps, cuz at that point it becomes dangerous for you imo. You are so squishy that you die in 4 seconds if you're focused. And when the enemy realizes that, they will completely shut you down.

Really the most important thing about doing damage is gork smash and loudmouth. So always use them in your spec if you have a group. But for soloing it's a completely different story. I would always use the ap tactic while soloing, it's very good. And forget about kd. It's too far up the tree to be worth it. I would go with thc/nidf, chm and ap. The rest is what you want and need (ymm is nice, for those pesky dps classes). The dot on follow me lead is probably useless now since dots can be defended. Instead of that you can go unstoppable juggernaut. It's a very nice tactic that's often overlooked.

Ads
Voodoom

Post#509 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:00 am

Hi !
I'm looking for an offensive SNB build I can use on a freshly created Black Orc. I'm currently level 32 / RR 30 and fully specced into Da Boss with Waaagh and Rock'Ard.
I just changed my gear from Devastator to Duelist to get more offensive stats. I'm mostly doing SC at the moment as I think it's easier than RvR to get gear early.

I read this topic a lot and figured that this spec linked by Dalgrimar may do the trick for me.
For gear I think it's pretty straightforward : Mercenary into Dominator. Is the Beastlord set worth it while waiting for Dominator ?
And what about RR points ? I currently have points in block and the other stat that improves dodge and disrupt. Should I go crit and strength ?
Last edited by Voodoom on Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Panzerk - Black Orc

Collateral

Post#510 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:18 am

Your rr is too low to invest into crit, so I wouldn't recommend that. Taking block and dd is a good choice. You can go into initiative and futile strikes next. At rank 30 you don't have the gear to go full offensive, so you should be patient. If you spec heavily into dps now you will be very squishy. At rank 31 you will join the big boys in scs, and you will see what I mean. As for gear, yes bl is not bad at all. You don't really need the whole set, since you have an armour debuff already that you can just spam. But if you want you can get the set, untill you start getting mercenary and dominator.