Recent Topics

Ads

[Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Drunkstains

Re: [Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Post#481 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:27 am

What do you guys recommend gear wise? Im just now hitting 40 and im not sure what I should be focusing on to gear up, its been a while since Ive played.

Anyway, got full ruin set, was hoping for some advice on what I should focus on next. Thanks everyone for the advice in this thread, going to be doing a full read through once Im done with my grind.

Ill be focusing on mostly small man orvr, 6man type stuff, some scenarios, and solo roaming when my buds arent on. Im not interested in how well I can perform in a zerg I could care less.

Ads
DokB

Post#482 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:50 am

After Ruin, focus on getting Anni/Merc.

Highest tier at the moment is Dom/Conq which is your current BiS gear. Look to mix sets to get the best out of certain bonuses.
Beastlord is also something you definitely want to pick up, however it's currently not available to get at the moment. The Devs should be adding the quests to get Beastlord back into the game soon™ so keep an eye out for that.

Small man in RvR/scenarios should allow the BO to focus more on DPS since you will be an offtank who assists off your MDPS, while still performing the duties a tank does (challenge, guard swapping, CC etc).
If you ever do get interested in zergbusting/keep takes etc. than that is when you will need to focus on being more tanky. Also FYI, BO aren't a very good class for solo roaming. Try not to get discouraged if a lot of people kick your **** in when you try to 1v1.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Collateral

Post#483 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:35 am

Yep, if you want to play in groups, you should focus on more offensive gear, as that is a role you can most effectively perform. That is of course if you play in melee trains. If not, well, you should definitely spec more tanky. You will find all the specs in this thread, so I won't repeat myself.

As far as soloing goes, it's not impossible to do. I don't really solo anymore, but I did a couple of times. It can be fun and challenging. It is definitely full of adrenalin. Soloing was also discussed in this thread, so you can look it up.

Bozzax

Post#484 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:14 am

Out of curiosity

Do you guys ST-snare and drop BB to avoid the cd for less clunkiness and more procs or do you slot it (post nerf)?
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Collateral

Post#485 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:26 am

I still use it. It's not as terrible as people thought. You have to think very tactically, as obv you can't spam anymore. It still has it's use, in small scale at least. In rvr, it's pretty much useless.

Bozzax

Post#486 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:51 am

Ye I can see it still holding value as a ranged snare but with less procs (less BS spam) and less fluidity in plans plus a free tactic I can see KD being a real alternative (saving Where You Going? for those pesky rdps).
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

ragafury

Post#487 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:56 am

In large scale I will probably drop it for Crit tactic or toughness, still unsure. Probably Crit in most cases just to increase ttk.

In large scale it increases clunkyness unless you come up with good nb strings, I don't invest the time on gameplay automatization.
I leave that to the "pros".
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

Rathael87

Post#488 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:45 am

Personally prefer to be able to spam Big Swing in oRvR.

More damage. More strength debuffs. More stat steal.

Snaring is important in small-scale but seems less so in large-scale. People running away are usually running away because their warband is crumbling and they are on the verge of defeat anyway.

Still good for slowing down melee trains trying to push into your backline, but I don't see that happen too often... especially with a strong tank and melee wall body-blocking the way in.

Might still be good in scenarios if you want to get melee trains off healers, but you have to give up DYG. I think it's a question of if you plan to offensively or defensively assist.

Ads
Darsil

Post#489 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:15 pm

Hey all, with all the recent changes for BO, what do you think about this spec for RVR/SC :

http://www.ror.builders/career/black-or ... ,4466,4483

What about the gear? Mix defensive/offensive?

Dalgrimar

Post#490 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:30 pm

Darsil wrote:Hey all, with all the recent changes for BO, what do you think about this spec for RVR/SC :

http://www.ror.builders/career/black-or ... ,4466,4483

What about the gear? Mix defensive/offensive?
Thats good build if you do allot of RvR i think.
For smallscale i would advice going THC instead.
Also, Rugged is a tactic you shouldnt use tbh unless your running in offensive gear in RvR.

Your goal gear wise for sc's + smallman is full dominator.
For bigger scale RVR i would mix defensive sets.

For sc's + smallman roaming i would go this build.
RoR.builders - Black Orc
Dalgri - Ftp/Sens - Sadboi - Fanboy

utube
twitch