Recent Topics

Ads

[Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Dreadspectre

Re: [Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Post#391 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:13 pm

Hows my str? Depressing compared to Marauder and Choppas apparently lol.
Mrskullhead - DPS Zealot
Axeocalypse - 2H BO
Stayawhile - Magus
Pleasehammer Donthurtem - 2H WP
Fathermcgruder Arsekicker - RP
Poundtown - 2H IB

Ads
DokB

Post#392 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:09 am

Taken a break from RoR and come back to see a few gits with Overlord/Imp already.

How you guys liking it? Found a way to make it work with the other sets?
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

TenTonHammer

Post#393 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:52 am

DokB wrote:Taken a break from RoR and come back to see a few gits with Overlord/Imp already.

How you guys liking it? Found a way to make it work with the other sets?

It just dosnt seem worth i my eyes, granted i love the shoulders just for the look but why would i take the 2 piece over conq/dom procs i feel that the aggravation/wound buff is worth much more

Collateral

Post#394 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:46 am

The overlord proc is underwhelming. I used it a bit in a 2h build, tried to see the max amount of parry a bo could possibly get. With all the parry rings and tactics, maxed rr, with Bane/OL procs and m1, I got to 84% parry in best case scenario. I think my base parry was 52-54%, which is okish I guess. It wasn't that bad, but I still needed a guard. And unlike other tanks like SM and chosen who can have 70% at 100% uptime and able to reach over 90%, the BO obviously can't, you rely on procs. Also, focusing on parry so much just doesn't allow you to achieve the only thing you really want, dealing damage. OL is not a dps set either, and parry rings have crap stats, so you lose quite a lot of str. Overall going 2h could be nice, but then you become a dps class and need a guard.

Bozzax

Post#395 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:46 am

TenTonHammer wrote:How are you guys doing on STR for your BO's?

I have 4 piece merc and 1 piece duelist and yet i have only 380-ish str

(i have no str tali's or anything slotted as i wanted to wait till i get full merc before i decided what talis to slot before i started the crawl to dom)
Kinda low tbh if you want to land snares consistently on mdps. You also loose a bit of statsteal procs if you go to low and imo getting that ini debuff up is prio 1.

I dont like going below 500 for (Edit 6man roam with one BO) Orvr or 700-ish for SCs
Last edited by Bozzax on Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:58 am, edited 6 times in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Collateral

Post#396 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:53 am

I don't think you need 500 str, especially in wbs. If I focus on str so much I will be too squishy for a tank. Getting close to 400 is quite ok for large scale rvr, you will be spamming your snare anyway, and if you have more than 1 bo doing it, people will be perma snared.

Bozzax

Post#397 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:12 am

Valid point I guess you can drop a bit when there are multiple BOs around. My view was purely from a 6man roam perspective with good healers.

(Edited my post to include that :) )
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Collateral

Post#398 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:23 am

Ah of course, for one party keeping it over 500 is a must.

Ads
Dreadspectre

Post#399 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:48 pm

Collateral wrote:The overlord proc is underwhelming. I used it a bit in a 2h build, tried to see the max amount of parry a bo could possibly get. With all the parry rings and tactics, maxed rr, with Bane/OL procs and m1, I got to 84% parry in best case scenario. I think my base parry was 52-54%, which is okish I guess. It wasn't that bad, but I still needed a guard. And unlike other tanks like SM and chosen who can have 70% at 100% uptime and able to reach over 90%, the BO obviously can't, you rely on procs. Also, focusing on parry so much just doesn't allow you to achieve the only thing you really want, dealing damage. OL is not a dps set either, and parry rings have crap stats, so you lose quite a lot of str. Overall going 2h could be nice, but then you become a dps class and need a guard.
Since it seems that BO is designed to be a more offense focused "DPS tank" in theme and skills, I feel it would be better if instead of trying to give BO's more access to Parry increasing skills/tactics that we instead give them Parry strikethrough skills/tactics.

Or maybe even an undefendable attack? Chosen already has those but I don't see why BO's couldn't get one as well.
Mrskullhead - DPS Zealot
Axeocalypse - 2H BO
Stayawhile - Magus
Pleasehammer Donthurtem - 2H WP
Fathermcgruder Arsekicker - RP
Poundtown - 2H IB

Penril

Post#400 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:15 pm

BOs have an undefendable attack.