Recent Topics

Ads

[Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
tazdingo

Re: [Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Post#601 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:00 am

Gangan wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:29 am While charging towards the enemy or if the my grp gets under presure I will use da greenest to buff the defense (the armor buff is almost nonstop up). When I'm right at the front and bashing into the enemy I 'll switch to da biggest.
do you ever use da greenest alongside CHM + stop hittin da runts? is this even a valid strategy for wbs or do you just stick with HTL?

Ads
Collateral

Post#602 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:44 pm

Htl is generally better cuz it buffs your allies. Chm is good when you're under big pressure right at the front. If you use ap tactic, one big swing/waaagh will fill your ap bar if you need ap, so you don't really have to use chm. Plus da biggest is better with chm since you will be doing a lot of damage back, which will proc the bellow and hence the tactic (and debuff the enemy at the same time). Greenest is definitely useful, but in an optimized environment it's still far behind the biggest. Most order damage in rvr is non-physical as well (at least if you play against optimized wbs), so the armour buff is almost irrelevant. But in pug wbs or small scale it definitely helps.

Gangan

Post#603 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:32 pm

tazdingo wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:00 am do you ever use da greenest alongside CHM + stop hittin da runts? is this even a valid strategy for wbs or do you just stick with HTL?
I veeery rarly use the ap-tactic in rvr, almost only for farming big grps of Mobs with CHM^^
In rvr HTL is better in 90% of the situations. CHM is a nice Oh-****-Button when you or your guarded runt get under pressure.
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Juggernaut

Post#604 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:41 am

For a new black orc player, does someone have a SnB setup to work for? Love the class & would like to not fall flat on my face right away. Thank you!

Rathael87

Post#605 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:13 am

tazdingo wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:06 pm black orc seems to be in a weird state. especially the bellows, they just don't seem to line up at all with what the trees would point you towards doing. why is the turtle ability at the top of brawler? thanks for the help either way
Frankly it was a lot worse before they got client control. The trees from live were completely jacked and did not make sense at all. There's still a lot of ''this is pointless'' stuff in black orc thanks to the nature of stacking and other classes. Armor pots are an enormous problem for obsoletion of abilities. Both Da Greenest and Tuff az Nailz, as well as the armor covenent & prayer from DOK and WP respectively. Chosen resist aura is also insanely powerful. On live, that sort of powerful group buff had to be twisted... but here it's just a permanent ''f*** you'' to all other resist buffs.

There is good reason for YOU WOT being in brawler however. I believe the design philosophy behind tank DPS it to make them moderately tanky while still dealing damage... your typical 'bruiser' archetype. The MDPS classes should have more mobility, damage and utility to compensate for the difference. You wot stops greatweapon borcs from being glass cannons and grants them the much needed survival when trying to melee without guard to help them.

Unfortunately it does also benefit SnB full defense borc, but we do have to sacrifice important tools to do so. If you're playing in warband, unless you're RR70+ you will not be able to run Waagh & tactic if you are running you wot (for group CD reduction). If you are RR70+, it is probably the better choice over We'z bigger. We'z bigger is /okay/ for helping make raze bombs more reliable, but YOU WOT is in brawler tree where you can get 114 on da biggest.
tazdingo wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:00 am
Gangan wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:29 am While charging towards the enemy or if the my grp gets under presure I will use da greenest to buff the defense (the armor buff is almost nonstop up). When I'm right at the front and bashing into the enemy I 'll switch to da biggest.
do you ever use da greenest alongside CHM + stop hittin da runts? is this even a valid strategy for wbs or do you just stick with HTL?
HTL is very important in warbands and must be used over CHM in any situation except when you are taking enormous damage and your warband is not. These times are extremely rare, and you are likely backing away in these situations, thus you will not need to keep infinite AP rolling.

You can't be aggressive with CHM. While pushing into an enemy warband in open combat, it slows you down and obviously lacks the warband protection. You cannot use it to push keep funnels and chokes either. Sure it makes you very tanky (and not your warband), but organized warbands know that you cannot just walk into a funnelled keep, CHM or not. The defenders always have morales and will drop them in your face when your warband gets stuck in the door with body-blocks. CHM obviously does nothing to mitigate morale bombs and does nothing to mitigate your warband's damage.... so basically CHM is just ''oh sh** im almost dead but my warband is fine. I'd like to not die so i can save my morale''. It's applications are limited.

DokB

Post#606 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:57 pm

Back after a long break and trying to get myself Vanquisher and Oppressor. Sentinel looks neat but **** PvE to be honest fam.

What’s the meta these days for 2h BO or is it still full Dom? Anyone had any decent results with mixing sets?
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Collateral

Post#607 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:36 am

DokB wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:57 pm Back after a long break and trying to get myself Vanquisher and Oppressor. Sentinel looks neat but **** PvE to be honest fam.

What’s the meta these days for 2h BO or is it still full Dom? Anyone had any decent results with mixing sets?
I gave up on domi, would probably only use it in hardcore six mans (it just feels too squishy, and damage is not at all bigger). Now I stack armour with redeye, you can check the build in armory. I'm at 4k with no pot, and when I'm using pot you wot gets me to 6k flat. Also, with str pot I'm at 700, which I find more than enough (can get 2k crits on order squishy casters relatively easily, my biggest so far being 2,4k). For tactics it's the standard 2h stuff, gs, syg, gabc, and I use rugged to be at least somewhat tankier. Only thing I would like is to have more base ini and resists. I could swap genesis for winds, but I don't wanna lose str really. You wot and da greenest can help you in sticky situations. On good days I can top the sc boards. You can be on par with even good dps players if you really focus.

My next plan is to get 5p sentinel (the proc looks sick paired with subjugator proc), keeping the 3p redeye. I calculated stats and it doesn't seem bad, but I lose quite a bit of str which I'm not a huge fan of. Well I first have to finish damn redeye, only need body. Then we will see. Might even consider oppressor, but it doesn't look too interesting, maybe a full set could be fun for some huge crits and burst. But then you basically become a dps class.

DokB

Post#608 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:38 pm

Spoiler:
Collateral wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:36 am
DokB wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:57 pm Back after a long break and trying to get myself Vanquisher and Oppressor. Sentinel looks neat but **** PvE to be honest fam.

I gave up on domi, would probably only use it in hardcore six mans (it just feels too squishy, and damage is not at all bigger). Now I stack armour with redeye, you can check the build in armory. I'm at 4k with no pot, and when I'm using pot you wot gets me to 6k flat. Also, with str pot I'm at 700, which I find more than enough (can get 2k crits on order squishy casters relatively easily, my biggest so far being 2,4k). For tactics it's the standard 2h stuff, gs, syg, gabc, and I use rugged to be at least somewhat tankier. Only thing I would like is to have more base ini and resists. I could swap genesis for winds, but I don't wanna lose str really. You wot and da greenest can help you in sticky situations. On good days I can top the sc boards. You can be on par with even good dps players if you really focus.

My next plan is to get 5p sentinel (the proc looks sick paired with subjugator proc), keeping the 3p redeye. I calculated stats and it doesn't seem bad, but I lose quite a bit of str which I'm not a huge fan of. Well I first have to finish damn redeye, only need body. Then we will see. Might even consider oppressor, but it doesn't look too interesting, maybe a full set could be fun for some huge crits and burst. But then you basically become a dps class.
I like your setup with Redeye/Oppressor/BL. I just need the shoulders/helmet for complete set so I can finally leave Funbad dungeon. What talis you running?
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Ads
Collateral

Post#609 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:11 pm

DokB wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:38 pm
Spoiler:
Collateral wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:36 am

I like your setup with Redeye/Oppressor/BL. I just need the shoulders/helmet for complete set so I can finally leave Funbad dungeon. What talis you running?
Running str mostly, a couple ini and one armour to bring me to 4k.

Dwanex

Post#610 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:15 am

Is it worth to run a SnB BO? I've got my BO at lvl 31 for years now (T4 wasnt even out back then) and I dont know what changed, what the pros and cons are for 2h and SnB, if he can deal serious dmg as 2h and/or will I be usless till a specific RR with 2H?

I'm a bit confused regarding 2H tanks since the guard change, but I feel like BO's benefit alot from going 2H?

For me BO's are the coolest looking class ingame and that alone is reason enough for me to level and gear him :oops: