Recent Topics

Ads

[Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Collateral

Re: [Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Post#441 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:14 pm

The morales from trees are nothing to marvel at really. They are okish at best imo. So it's a waste going that high for an ability you will rarely even use. You will reach M4 only in sieges, and that's it. Unless you're a kotbs or BW, you don't even have to dream of M4 in open fights (perhaps in small scale if you save up morales, but it takes a long time still). So I say just stick with base morales and you're ok. BO has the best M3 of all destro tanks if you ask me, and with morale tactic you could actually get it in a fight.

Ads
footpatrol2

Post#442 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:35 pm

m4 morale's are basically useless only on this server because of how slow the morale gain rate is. It's a problem and creates imbalance.

Penril

Post#443 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:53 pm

Even if morale gain rate was x10000, Immaculate Defense is still better than 99% of all other tank morales.

footpatrol2

Post#444 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:33 pm

Immaculate defense does not protect against morale bombs so... its really not that good. immaculate defense is a clutch save which mean's it's not a anytime type morale. You save it for the situation needed. Is it good at what it does? yes. It's good against an opposition that is not running morale bombs... which is like 90% of the time which btw I don't think that should be the case. Run against a opposition that is consistently running morale bombs and immaculate defense is not that great.

Can't touch Us m4 is really good but the ap feed portion of the morale doesn't work on this server. The ap feed is a indirect damage buff to ap damage and assists healer's with ap management. Can't touch Us can assist healing classes that have traditionally had a hard time with ap management such as the shaman, or ap hungry classes like the SH. Can't touch US can be used on a push due to the AP feed portion, can be used as a clutch save or both. Can't touch Us is a better anytime then ID where ID is specific.

Yer Nothin m4 is a AMAZING morale drain. But you need to have the correct morale gain rates to see it's use. You'll delay morale bombs with that morale which IS HUGE. This is on a class that can pump up morale faster then the opposition. This is one of the main reasons imo why the BO has a morale pump to begin with. But if you have the incorrect morale gain rates...and player's are not running consistent morale bombs... well it all doesn't matter. That morale allows for your team to morale bomb first over the opposition. Or to break of the synchronization of the opposition's morale bombs so they have to wait longer.

There is counter-play to morale bombs. Yer Nothin m4 is one tool that is part of the counter-play to morale bomb meta.

Puddle of Muck is good but kinda lackluster. The good is a uncleanse-able snare and it does dot morale damage. Dot morale damage is semi garbage so you are really taking it for the snare portion.

Just because you spec into a m4 doesn't mean you have to slot it in all situations. Access and versatility.
Sometimes the situation calls for immaculate defense if your facing say larger numbers then yourself.
Last edited by footpatrol2 on Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:20 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Penril

Post#445 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:41 pm

Yeah... no. Immaculate Defense is WAY better than those crappy M4s.

Collateral

Post#446 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:43 pm

Destro can't pump morale faster than order last time I checked, no matter what class you play.

Rathael87

Post#447 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:01 pm

Oi oi Tuff Boyz.

I've bee swapping back and forth between brawler and tuffest a little bit. I know it's not a reliable source of judgement but I've noticed my damage on the scenario boards is still fairly low even with THC and GS/SYG combo in brawler. I feel like I'm little more than a fly-sized nuisance to order healers even with THC.

Just wondering how offensive you gitz are building when using the standard brawler build? are we taking any strength with RP? Are we using 4 damage tactics or just GS/SYG and two defensive tactics?

Currently RR47 so I'm a bit limited with what i can pick up with RP. Currently dumping all my available RP into block/disrupt&dodge/parry. 51 DPS main hand weapon and 278 strength.

Dalgrimar

Post#448 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:06 pm

Ye how are you expecting to deal anny dmg with 278 str lol.
Get atleast above 550.
Dalgri - Ftp/Sens - Sadboi - Fanboy

utube
twitch

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#449 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:54 pm

Rathael87 wrote:278 strength.

Well heres the problem right here

Even in deftard spec with anni gear i had atleast 370 str

Go defensive spec with rr and all that but get the SC dps gear with SYG and gork smash and your dps will be fine

Collateral

Post#450 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:10 pm

Rathael87 wrote:Oi oi Tuff Boyz.

I've bee swapping back and forth between brawler and tuffest a little bit. I know it's not a reliable source of judgement but I've noticed my damage on the scenario boards is still fairly low even with THC and GS/SYG combo in brawler. I feel like I'm little more than a fly-sized nuisance to order healers even with THC.

Just wondering how offensive you gitz are building when using the standard brawler build? are we taking any strength with RP? Are we using 4 damage tactics or just GS/SYG and two defensive tactics?

Currently RR47 so I'm a bit limited with what i can pick up with RP. Currently dumping all my available RP into block/disrupt&dodge/parry. 51 DPS main hand weapon and 278 strength.
Well it's pretty obvious, 278 str is way too low to deal any damage, it's even low for a tanky BO (I have over 300 in our warbands). If you want to be a cookie-cutter dps BO, spec full dps gear. So merc/domi/BL, with all str talis. I run 5p domi, 4p BL, almost all str talis (a couple armour and one ele resist so I don't get melted by BWs too soon, and since I run BL in our wbs I don't need offensive talis. It really sucks that you can't have multiple BL gear), and for rings as much str as you can get. Since I'm pretty high rr, I got might IV I think, which gets me just over 600 str. For rr, don't put too much into parry. You need max block and at least DD 3, you can put a point or two into parry so it's not total garbage. Also, take crit once you reach higher rr. I have 2 points in crit, which puts me at 9% base with other bonuses. I'm thinking about going even higher into crit.

For the mastery, I think it's obvious. THC with gork smash. This is my current build http://www.ror.builders/career/black-or ... ,4472,4466. I take rugged if I'm not in a group with dedicated healers and another tank. Rugged puts me just over 500 toughness, which is decent for a dps BO, and you also have a self buff. Never forget about loudmouth, if you're specced for dps it's mandatory imo. If you want to free up a tactic slot, you can just run a different secondary tree http://www.ror.builders/career/black-or ... ,4486,4483. With this build you would do even more damage, but obviously you lose a lot of CC.

And that's pretty much it. I could go even more str, and get myself close to 800 with potion, but I just feel too squishy then. Without a good team that's pointless. This way it's kinda balanced. You still deal a whole lot of damage, and while you won't be a real tank, you will be able to survive a bit. With this build I can top damage in scs, and with a dedicated group your damage will sky rocket if you're able to get even more str and crit.